General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

The ordinary ice shows will continue to limp along, of course, but the attendance at those will largely be determined by the presence or absence of Yuzu in those shows, since Yuzu is the greatest guarantee of a sold-out performance in the history of the ice show just as he was the guarantee of a sold-out arena in any competition in which he participated.

I wouldn't be so sure. SOI tickets are still unsold, even if there was already a first come, first served phase. I'm afraid fanyus will boycott these shows, and it won't be good for Yuzuru, imo.

What I want now is a professional video of Yuzu's programs with all the bells and whistles, ala music video if I may say so. I want Yuzu to record anew all of his programs and compile it into a dvd/bluray or something. Sounds impossible (I'm thinking of money involved) since artists/musicians only releases MV for for their singles only, not the whole albums  I just remembered, Beyonce did release visual albums (Lemonade and Black Is King), that's exactly what I want! :snonegai:

That way it will not be his skating in an empty rink anymore, it will be elevated to something more. Kinda what Yuzu is doing right now via his YT but much more extra. It's the only way I can get my NS under the stars on a frozen lake lol. Done right, it could be amazing. I think what Yuzu is doing right now is the right prelude to all that, I like how he explores new ways/views/shots to his skating. I especially like the aerial shot in his latest video (Requiem), I never thought I would want to see overhead shot of his skating and now I want to see more.  It could be done during his ice show, where they sometimes have nothing to project on the big screen. Sure I wouldn't know where to look but it would be interesting :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

4 hours ago, nekodearu said:

I wouldn't be so sure. SOI tickets are still unsold, even if there was already a first come, first served phase. I'm afraid fanyus will boycott these shows, and it won't be good for Yuzuru, imo.

Just open it to international fanyus. I'm sure many would take that advantage just to watch Yuzu :dontknow:

4 hours ago, australianyuzurufan said:

Why are fanyus boycotting SOI shows? I'm sure they have good reasons to do so. Would someone please explain this to me. Many thanks 😊 

There are several reasons why SOI is a less popular show among fanyus. The most obvious reason is the show itself. It has a strong connection to JSF and wounds are still healing. Also, the cast has skaters who some of the fans would rather not be seeing. But there are also other reasons why SOI won't be sold out.

Just the fact that now we have Yuzu solo shows has changed things. Ice show tickets are not cheap and at some point you have to start make choices. Do you want to spend your money to a) Yuzu only show or b) show where Yuzu is part of the producing team and which has a personal meaning for him (NS) or c) show with live music and where Yuzu is doing a special collaboration with an artist (FaOI) or d) very ordinary ice show where Yuzu will skate probably only one program (SOI)?

Also, SOI schedule is once again very hard for the skaters coming straight from WC and preparing for WTT. They will be performing for nearly two weeks on the show with only one day off. So, you can ask how high quality the performances will be compering to the other shows. In my opinion, SOI is not even targeting on sold out shows. Especially Oshu shows are baffling. They are on workdays starting at 14:30 and according to the fans, Oshu and the arena are basically located in the middle of the nowhere. As soon as Yuzu was announced they added special train connections and a shuttle bus to the arena. Also, regarding the starting times, why start Friday shows at 13:00 when you are starting Thursday shows at 18:00 and 19:00? Yuzu is able to do many miraculous things, but working with a show with such poor management skills, there will be some limits even for him.

But, despite all of this, shows will have a good attendance with a lot of fanyus. I am looking forward seeing Yuzu and his skating again.

40 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

There are several reasons why SOI is a less popular show among fanyus. The most obvious reason is the show itself. It has a strong connection to JSF and wounds are still healing. Also, the cast has skaters who some of the fans would rather not be seeing. But there are also other reasons why SOI won't be sold out.

Just the fact that now we have Yuzu solo shows has changed things. Ice show tickets are not cheap and at some point you have to start make choices. Do you want to spend your money to a) Yuzu only show or b) show where Yuzu is part of the producing team and which has a personal meaning for him (NS) or c) show with live music and where Yuzu is doing a special collaboration with an artist (FaOI) or d) very ordinary ice show where Yuzu will skate probably only one program (SOI)?

Also, SOI schedule is once again very hard for the skaters coming straight from WC and preparing for WTT. They will be performing for nearly two weeks on the show with only one day off. So, you can ask how high quality the performances will be compering to the other shows. In my opinion, SOI is not even targeting on sold out shows. Especially Oshu shows are baffling. They are on workdays starting at 14:30 and according to the fans, Oshu and the arena are basically located in the middle of the nowhere. As soon as Yuzu was announced they added special train connections and a shuttle bus to the arena. Also, regarding the starting times, why start Friday shows at 13:00 when you are starting Thursday shows at 18:00 and 19:00? Yuzu is able to do many miraculous things, but working with a show with such poor management skills, there will be some limits even for him.

But, despite all of this, shows will have a good attendance with a lot of fanyus. I am looking forward seeing Yuzu and his skating again.

:iagree:with everything you have said

On twt there are some posts from people who have  declared that they will never attend SOI for all the reasons which you have detailed above.

There are also twt posts from people who wish to see and support Yuzu. Some people who are intending to watch Yuzu at SOI have stated that due to complexities and uncertainty of the ticket lotteries, SOI is their best chance for seeing Yuzu.

One post was from someone living close to the Yokohama venue, they went to the box office and bought a ticket. Yes, you read this correctly. With the surety that they have a ticket now put away in a safe place, they will see Yuzu. They posted photo of the PAPER TICKET in their hand. For many of us that is most certainly a fleeting dream to be able to just go to a venue and purchase a ticket on the spot. After having seen the posts about lottery annihilation, to see a photo post of the ticket in someone's hand was as unreal as someone holding the Golden Ticket for the Wonka factory. Well done to the ticket purchaser. They will enjoy seeing Yuzu and it is good to know that there will be a Yuzu fan in attendance for at least one performance at Yokohama. 

5 hours ago, gapil27 said:

Just open it to international fanyus. I'm sure many would take that advantage just to watch Yuzu :dontknow:

I don't think International Fanyus would go to Japan to watch SOI, sorry but with the money involved most probably they (we) would go only for a Yuzu's produced Ice Show or a solo Yuzu's show. Especially SOI. FaOI is a different story but you won't find hundreds int' fanyus willing to pay that money even for a Yuzu centric show not produced by him.

But, it is true that if int' fanyus were allowed to buy tickets, SOI would be easier since no one wants to attend.

1 hour ago, lajoitko said:

Exactly. I was even impressed that some fanyus were able to find tickets weeks after Yuzu's was announced. I wondered why they weren't sold out immediately, now I know why. The majority of fanyus really have problems with SOI, not Yuzu attending any other shows.

22 minutes ago, LaCarmi said:

I don't think International Fanyus would go to Japan to watch SOI, sorry but with the money involved most probably they (we) would go only for a Yuzu's produced Ice Show or a solo Yuzu's show. Especially SOI. FaOI is a different story but you won't find hundreds int' fanyus willing to pay that money even for a Yuzu centric show not produced by him.

But, it is true that if int' fanyus were allowed to buy tickets, SOI would be easier since no one wants to attend.

Exactly. I was even impressed that some fanyus were able to find tickets weeks after Yuzu's was announced. I wondered why they weren't sold out immediately, now I know why. The majority of fanyus really have problems with SOI, not Yuzu attending any other shows.

Totally agree, I'm a college student, going to Japan for ice show is expensive to me, so I prefer solo YUZU show and doing part-time job for it. I believe there will be one in Autumn or Winter, however if I can't win a ticket (we all know how many fanyus are), maybe next year FaOI or SOI is acceptable.

3 hours ago, Anni said:

Yuzu with Ikebou mascot :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Here is Yuzu's entire interview at "Oh! Bandesu". You can use automatic translation.

[NEWS]

@tsukiyominioasa had already translated the part of the live stream (March 10)
https://twitter.com/tsukiyominoasa/status/1634916531816603652

:thanks:  ANNIE for this YT  :2thumbsup:  : but too bad that on the 10 min video (as always Yuzu's words are full of emotions) HIKEBOU does not appear  :shrug: and, however, he made Yuzu laugh a lot :space:

And forward for a MAXRO 

About SOI: Seems like most of the shows won't be anywhere near sold out. It's been quite some years since Yuzu last saw a considerabily less than full arena (not including the times when the pandemic forced competition venues to be empty) - I think it may be the last time he does SOI. He is an above-average human, clealry, but not even him can sell out so many show days for an ice show that is known to be problematic