Miyagi show: 2-4th June

Niigata show: 16-18th June

Kobe show: 23-25th June

Participating skaters (in English)

[NEWS]

I'm curious, with which musician Yuzu will collaborate this time.🤔

wait, I just realize..no Jeff?

On 2/22/2023 at 2:48 PM, Henni147 said:

It seems that we have another young talent who is a big Yuzu fanboy: 15-year-old Ean Weiler from Switzerland!

A fellow fanyu sent me a video link, and I was really impressed by his transitions, edges and low number of crossovers. His spins and carriage are nice too. And he has the full Yuzu-field-move-arsenal: Ina Bauer, hydroblading, and side lunge :67638860: 

Yuzuru Hanyu´s Legacy: Discover Ean Weiler Novice skater 2 times Swiss national champion

Ean also has his own YT channel and is looking for support to finance his skating career. I wish him all the best. The FS world needs more young talents like him, especially from smaller feds.

Since you mentioned fanboy Ean Weiler.

He wrote this on twitter

:clapclap4:

[NEWS]

I wish him, that one day he will meet Yuzu.

2 hours ago, Anni said:

He wrote this on twitter

[NEWS]

I love how he calls Yuzuru "Sensei" (even on his YT videos). Kinda makes me tear up a bit :heartpound:

4 hours ago, Anni said:

He wrote this on twitter

Yes, I root for him, too, that his wish may come true one day :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Happy news from me: Some of you might remember that my old computer broke, and with it, my good old video editor was gone, too. On Wednesday, I finally received a new editor!! I couldn't resist to try it out right away and fulfill a vision that I had in mind for quite some time now.

Back in 2018, I had created this video about Yuzu's signature moves to the music piece "Meaning of Life" by Brunuhville. At that time, it was my plan to continue the series to another piece from this composer, called "Timeless". I felt that it's the perfect theme to describe Yuzu's skating: it's timeless. It never gets old and no matter how many years have passed, Yuzu always manages to preserve the soul of his programs while taking a new, fresh approach to them at the same time.

However, with my limited technical possibilities, I thought it would be a waste of potential to tackle the project back then. So I decided to wait until I would have the proper equipment. Now the time has finally come, and GIFT was the perfect occasion to realize my visions from five years ago. In fact, the show has surpassed my wildest dreams. It was so rich of amazing skating, innovative ideas, and mesmerizing sceneries, it couldn't have been any better. I just couldn't not capture my favorite moments in a special montage. Funny note: the music cut happened to be a tribute to Yuzu: it's 1:11 long :laughing:

I was hesitating a bit with uploading at first because I don't want to get flagged, but some fellow fanyus encouraged me to share my work, which is indeed a matter of the heart to me, so I decided to put it up here for a limited time. I hope that you like it  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Yuzuru Hanyu Series II: Timeless (GIFT Rewind)

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

However, with my limited technical possibilities, I thought it would be a waste of potential to tackle the project back then. So I decided to wait until I would have the proper equipment. Now the time has finally come, and GIFT was the perfect occasion to realize my visions from five years ago. In fact, the show has surpassed my wildest dreams. It was so rich of amazing skating, innovative ideas, and mesmerizing sceneries, it couldn't have been any better. I just couldn't not capture my favorite moments in a special montage. Funny note: the music cut happened to be a tribute to Yuzu: it's 1:11 long :laughing:

I was hesitating a bit with uploading at first because I don't want to get flagged, but some fellow fanyus encouraged me to share my work, which is indeed a matter of the heart to me, so I decided to put it up here for a limited time. I hope that you like it  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Like it? No, I loved it. Simply beautiful - a wonderful tribute to a most amazing person :love:

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, I root for him, too, that his wish may come true one day :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Happy news from me: Some of you might remember that my old computer broke, and with it, my good old video editor was gone, too. On Wednesday, I finally received a new editor!! I couldn't resist to try it out right away and fulfill a vision that I had in mind for quite some time now.

Back in 2018, I had created this video about Yuzu's signature moves to the music piece "Meaning of Life" by Brunuhville. At that time, it was my plan to continue the series to another piece from this composer, called "Timeless". I felt that it's the perfect theme to describe Yuzu's skating: it's timeless. It never gets old and no matter how many years have passed, Yuzu always manages to preserve the soul of his programs while taking a new, fresh approach to them at the same time.

Very well thought out, not another amalgam of cool shots. Great synchro with the music, Yuzu style. I like how you placed the fire bird :) 

6 minutes ago, nekodearu said:

Very well thought out, not another amalgam of cool shots. Great synchro with the music, Yuzu style. I like how you placed the fire bird :) 

Thank you very much 🌸

Yes, it was important to me that the skating and blendings match the music. Yuzu places lots of emphasis on this aspect himself, both in his choreos and also the YouTube edits. And he chooses his music with so much thought and care. I felt that the best tribute to him is to select a meaningful piece and match it as good as possible with the visual, too.

OK, guys, I'm ready to say something about Boku no koto (YT edited ver.). Gift was such an emotional rollercoaster, loaded with amazing things and deep meaning, that I wasn't able to give my full attention to this piece until the GC streaming expired. Meanwhile, this is actually one of my post-'puro tenkou' wishes come true. Generally speaking, shows are not my cup of tea, I hardly even watch any exhibition galas (Yuzu's numbers and productions being a notable exception), so when I realized, that there would be no more competitive skating from Yuzu, I admit, I was in great despair. I was fixated on the idea of a new competitive-like program from Yuzu. And now that I've been gifted with the Show of Shows and have finally come to terms with the idea of professional skating, Yuzu has uploaded Boku no koto. Competitive program on steroids. 5 minutes 22 seconds, 8 jumping passes, 5 quads (3 types), 2 step sequences. And you know what? I didn't notice this fact! :LOL: Not right away.

My first thought was: Yesss, THIS song! :heart: And then I fell in love with this one flow choreography. I'm grinning at every step, arm or body movement perfectly matched to the music, depicting every rhythmic or pitch accent, rise or fall of a musical phrase, all those crescendos and diminuendos. Even his run-ups, take-offs, landings and Euler transition in the 4T+Eu+3S sequence are to the beat! He used to say that for him, jumps are as much a means of expression and part of choreography as any other element, and here you can see it perfectly.

Yuzu the choreographer gave me a meticulously crafted, utterly cohesive piece of skating, so much so that I didn't even think about all those high-level components at first, until I noticed that he had listed them in the description. This cohesion, smoothness, and the palpable peace and calmness of his performance made all the technicalities as invisible to me as one does not sense all the separate ingredients of a perfect dish. This program just gives me pure joy. I don't think I need any competition anymore.

Side notes: As one of you mentioned on Twitter (sorry, can't give proper credit atm), Yuzu probably used an autotracking camera. Tech-Yuzu still evolving :) 

Also, I like the costume very much. And the motto in the background: "Skate for fun". How suitable!

1 hour ago, nekodearu said:

Side notes: As one of you mentioned on Twitter (sorry, can't give proper credit atm), Yuzu probably used an autotracking camera. Tech-Yuzu still evolving :) 

Also, I like the costume very much. And the motto in the background: "Skate for fun". How suitable!

I enjoyed reading your post! 

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the motto in Ice Rink Sendai is Skate for fan.