General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

All are speculations including the following :smiley-scared003:

Reveal hidden contents

Due to the complexity in the relationship between China and Japan, there is some kind of concern he might be involved in the game of politics or diplomacy.

And I'm afraid that the confusion in the initial announcements have evoked speculations, such as he wanted to refrain from the participation to avoid any trouble in the meaning above, or the Chinese side might have pushed the offer in order to appeal to their people as you say he is very popular, without confirming his intentions/schedule in the first place because they were confident about his participation, and as they received a reluctant reply from him, they asked again through ANA and he accepted it, so on, so on.  All are nothing but rumors on the net. I suppose it has come from the concerns of fans who want him to concentrate on skating, staying away from any trouble outside the skating. 

As a Chinese American living in the geopolitical hotspot of Hong Kong, I am intimately familiar with the political and geopolitical tensions both globally and within the region and have always urged caution and ultra sensitivity when it comes to anything having to do with China. That said, Yuzu is a rare and exceptional case. Millions of Chinese people are willing to overcome nationality issue to give him love and support from the bottom of their hearts and it is just natural for Yuzu to reciprocate. I tend to think the no-political-involvement message can be overplayed by fans -- albeit out of good intention -- to create issue out of non-issue. 

2 minutes ago, Pammi said:

In the livechat for Oh! Bandesu it says the moderator says the programme has started and Yuzu will be on in an hour but I dont know whether to believe it!

I know, I'm so confused. Why did they start the stream so early (when there's nothing in there) lol