General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

Kinoshita Academy is in Kyoto which is near Osaka (or relatively close). Didn't Yuzu recently go to Osaka on business? He-he :animated-smileys-cheeky-053:

Oh I thought Yuzu has gone to Osaka to attend flight school, so that we can all fly with Yuzu:balloons-smiley:

Salutations Darling Satellites,

Please, please send in your dedications to Yuzu for the photo book.

Submit anything that you think would bring good cheer to Yuzu.

Photo of your Winnie the Pooh companion, a local landmark or beauty spot, poem, short story, letter to Yuzu.

Let us join together to show Yuzu how much he means to the Planet and wish him success for his future as professional athlete Hanyu Yuzuru san. 

Lots of love and hugs from,

Very important Pooh - Old Man Pooh san's cousin, Mini the Pooh - a friend and relation, Soohorang and Moomin troll

Please submit your heartfelt compositions within the next few weeks

5 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

This is so awesome! Yuzu is an inspiration for so many different people from all walks of life. :heartpound:

This is utterly charming. It is a fabulous tribute to Yuzu that his skating inspires people to emulate Yuzu's style of skating. 

It is incredibly impressive that this older gentleman skates with vigour and real flair. Really brilliant and heartening performance

On 7/30/2022 at 11:33 PM, Beatrice said:

First, thank you for the welcome :thanks:
Sorry, in my introductory post I was not specific enough. It was the World Championships 2019 in Saitama where I first saw Yuzuru on TV in the exhibition gala performing his stunning "Haru Yo Koi" , and not the NHK Trophy 2019 in Sapporo. (German TV only broadcast Olympics, World championships and European championships, alas nothing of the Grand Prix series.)

But I did search for NHK Trophy 2019  videos and found these: 

Men Free Skating | NHK Trophy 2019 (full competition + medal ceremony)
(Yuzu from 1:55:50 and again from 2:01:10; the funny scene with Roman is at 2:10:25; Yuzu again from 2:24:10)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWXF57mc9-A

Exhibition Gala | NHK Trophy 2019 (full 3+ hours) 

(Yuzu's "Haru Yo Koi" at 2:56:40, then the gala finale with all skaters and Yuzuru having skating fun with the mascots, very cute  - watch from 3:13:00, at the very end another funny moment as Yuzuru has to delay shouting his trademark farewell "Arigatou gozaimashita" due to the rink commentator's verbosity) 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRmdWEc231Q

[ENG SUB] Yuzuru Hanyu NHK Trophy 2019 Gala Interview - Shizuka's Room 191124  
(really interesting interview, showcasing Yuzuru's inquisitive analytic mind and intelligence and thirst for knowledge)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-VdRYPwLnk

Yuzuru Hanyu (羽生 結弦) Funny/Cute Moments GP season 2019

(clips with mascots etc, very cute & funny)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzZKtGRvX7A

I hope these vids are available overall.

Hello@Beatricefrom another fellow German (who is still struggling to recover the last 110 pages without making any progress). So you found Yuzu through 2019 World Championships on German TV? They used to broadcast also GPs on ONE in 2018 (not sure if also in 2019), but maybe it was only compilations. (IIRC I had recorded at least Yuzu's 2018 GP performances.) Anyway, it's sad that figure skating is irrelevant on TV today in the home country of back-to-back Olympic Champion Kati Witt. I have never found German championships on TV (and although there were livestreams on the internet, I had trouble finding them on YouTube). So ... when Yuzu (hopefully) starts planning his world tour soon, in addition to his favourite country Finland he should definitely include Germany, right? When he participated in Nebelhorn Trophy for the last time, there was no queuing yet and no Pooh rain, so we have to make up for that.  :campfr:

5 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

Hello@Beatricefrom another fellow German . . . . .

... when Yuzu (hopefully) starts planning his world tour soon, in addition to his favourite country Finland he should definitely include Germany, right? When he participated in Nebelhorn Trophy for the last time, there was no queuing yet and no Pooh rain, so we have to make up for that.  :campfr:

Hello to you too, Ulrinis :wave:

That would be indeed GREAT if Yuzu came to Germany :cheer:  ... we may at the least dream of it  0:) 

One of my favorite things is listening or reading on what people from different fields say about Yuzu, the impact he has had in general is quite remarkable. 

Sweetyuzu generously translated another article today:

Really enjoyed this one <3 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].