General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Sun_Rise said:

Marika says the website was updated today.

Yes, I think this is the official confirmation, I don't know why they would update the page at this point without getting confirmation from Yuzuru. 

Officially it was June 30th that was the deadline for notice to given if an athlete is planning to retire. Today is the 1st day of the new skating season, so if Yuzu is still there on the strengthening athlete list an his bio has been released, he has not given notice of retirement, ergo, planning to compete.

Yuzu is extremely considerate and if he had been planning on retiring from comps he would have made this announcement at least to JSF, not necessarily for public knowledge, so that any funding potentially being set aside for him would be appropriately reallocated to another athlete. JSF themselves state that funding is awarded only to athletes who have not declared retirement plans and although at the time of publication of funding allocations, they admitted that they had not yet received any communication notifying any changes from Yuzu, he had not indicated retirement at that time.

Again this may be purely wishful thinking but that was my understanding from the JSF announcement earlier in the year

9 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

I'm just so... confused. I thought we'd be celebrating or at least be optimistic if something like this update appeared, but I see doubt here, I'm starting to wonder if anything is real.

I'm usually a very sceptical person, but the fact that they they updated the page today including the season and he's listed as a "strengthened skater" (or whatever that is in English), imo absolutely means he's going to compete next season. I said it before as well, while we fans may not know the GP assignments at this point, JSF most certainly does. Why on earth would they update the page without getting confirmation from Yuzuru?

(Sorry if I keep repeating myself, I'm just so excited :68468287:)

Edit: Also, I think this is why they updated the page today, lmao:

https://nhk-trophy2022.jp/

I guess everyone thought (JFS included) that the GP assignments would have been revealed yesterday.

8 minutes ago, JanMary said:

It’s updated by JSF, only info updated is the 22OG result and changed the name of the season. So, not much update really. 

But if there is no change and he's competing, why would they change it? They wouldn't add information: "we're not updating the other sections cause there is no need to, cause Yuzuru Hanyu is competing for the next season". 

:ninja:

A very quick automatic translation:

Yuzuru Hanyu "I will do my best to aim for higher this season" Skating Federation reinforcement player page updated

[ July 1, 2022, 5:47 PM ]

On the first day of the new season, the Japan Skating Federation updated the page of figure strengthening players on the official website. Yuzuru Hanyu (ANA), a male who has been designated as a special reinforcement player since last season and won the Pyeongchang Olympics in 18 years in a row, said, "Thank you very much for your support. I will do my best to get higher this season," he commented.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].