General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo

“From new practicing methods to fair scoring, he put it together very well with a view to the future”

At this rate, the only skater who truly care about FS is Yuzu. The boy is betrayed by everyone but cares about the future of this sport and fair scores for the next generations. 

2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Nathan is going to do SOI. He never did Faoi, as far as I remember. SOI is IMG produced (read it as Scott Hamilton's show) and Nathan is doing 20-30 SOI shows in America and some few in Japan. Nathan will do the ice shows, even mildly injured as they don't require jumping and I bet you he was never going to be in the Worlds from the start.

I saw in my timeline that they are going to hold SOI in Hachinohe city in Japan too and Nathan wasn't in the list, I suppose based on the history of this city, Yuzu might do this one. 

:hugs:Feel better soon~~~

Ah, maybe that was my confusion, SOI in Japan. Thank you.  Hmm, migraine is still here but on the mend. Maybe a nap. Or ice cream. Ice cream in bed? :clapclap4:

1 hour ago, yuzupon said:

I’m seconding Tsuki,,,, 

Zuzuuuuu, drop your full thesis!!!

And kind translators, please translate, even though I know it would be a major, and I mean, major undertaking.

Yes, please, that would be fantastic! I would love to read it! True about the translators, though. 

32 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

“From new practicing methods to fair scoring, he put it together very well with a view to the future”

At this rate, the only skater who truly care about FS is Yuzu. The boy is betrayed by everyone but cares about the future of this sport and fair scores for the next generations. 

He seems to have this internal imperative and incredible self-discipline to simply follow with what he feels and believes is right, against all odds. This is very inspiring and motivating. 

Re: FaOI

Basically the whole usual old guard is being brought back,  I guess there would also be Plu if it weren't for the current war and related boycotting 😬 

I expect Yuzu to be announced at some point (very late as usual). If he won't go, unless it's because he's doing a CiONTU2.0 all for himself, I'd actually be very worried over his health:smiley-scared003: As it was pointed our, the only time he entirely skipped was because he literally wasn't skating. Back in 2019 ha skated while recovering from a fresh sprain, so Yuzuru being entirely MIA wouldn't be good for my peace of mind (his participation wouldn't mean he's fully recovered, given his past history, but would at least assure me he is somewhat able to be on ice)

Assuming he's gonna be there, Yuzu, can you please just stick with Nobu and Jeff?:smiley-angelic001: also, could you please switch your faves to Jeff, whom you adore anyway and hasn't actually being bitchy to you thus far?

Anyway for the lineup they still have to announce ladies aside Shizuka (were Miki and Akiko announced too? They are the traditional old guard too) and younger skaters, so there's hope for Kobe girls, Rika, Mana, Satton... (I guess hoping for Kao would be a stretch with his injury sob), Shun.... I expect P/C too, they've been invited several times. Too bad there never are Chinese skaters otherwise we could also hope in S/H and Boyang (and why not W/L). Just hoping that as Pairs they'll pick M/K and not J/R 😒 (with my superjinxing skills, I fear that's how we may end, big sigh)

Anyway I just wanna see happy Yuzu basking in people's love 🥺🥺🥺

Kobe girls remind me that, with Yuzu and Nobu, we might get again the Osaka special segment, would really love that:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: (now if only covid could go away)

Iirc one of the stops this time is Nagoya? May be that they plan to invite Shoma/Yuma?(😑)

2 hours ago, yuzupon said:

I’m seconding Tsuki,,,, 

Zuzuuuuu, drop your full thesis!!!

And kind translators, please translate, even though I know it would be a major, and I mean, major undertaking.

ETA:

YES PLEASE!!!!!!

Lowkey wondering (and highkey wishing) if the ISU workgroup that is supposed to study IA for fs scoring would ever consider asking for Yuzuru's collab... I kinda of doubt, given how generally disinterested they are in his opinions about FS, also I guess that till Yuzu isn't officially retired there could be conflict of interest... but really, I doubt there's someone who could offer more first-hand knowledge than him, currently, as he would be able to offer insights both on what's needed and on how to get it.

Hey, maybe he's gonna sneak in the work group through his Mishin connection:biggrin:

Spoiler

Tho who knows how things are working now with the russian side of the isu, I guess they only banned athletes comps but everything else may still be running as usual. There's gonna be the infamous Congress in Phuket, after all

35 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

Fitting nose for a liar 🤥🤥

:roll:

Guest Mary_kyo

The attention to details, wow. Making everything more difficult and complicated, but getting lesser and lesser scores. No wonder he said "it wasn't rewarded"~~~

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Guest BonnieLou

I don't know where to respond more. I asked for help on unsubscribing to this forum about four days ago or so on the forum thread "How do I" and sent an email to PlanetHanyu Staff asking to unscubscribe to this forum. I have not received a response to either enquiry. Is this a difficult question? I don't want to be a member on this forum or blog any more. Please delete me. I entreat you.

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

The attention to details, wow. Making everything more difficult and complicated, but getting lesser and lesser scores. No wonder he said "it wasn't rewarded"~~~

I thought his arms looked odd when he landed, but now I can see he upped the difficulty. I bet the judges didn't even notice other than thinking it looked odd somehow Too... and remember, he'd already missed the 4S so he wasn't going to be getting any extra credit anywhere after that. That's how things work if you are no longer the annointed one. 

This is when doing PR helps. If he'd had a coach, that coach could have talked up that extra difficult arm position, and then it would be talked about. Back in 1988 when Boitano did his short program 2A (back then 2A was mandatory in the sp)he landed it with both arms crossed. It was talked about, noticed...made a big deal over... I know, yuzu does things differently but, while admirable, that can be detrimental when up against those who play the game. 

12 minutes ago, BonnieLou said:

I don't know where to respond more. I asked for help on unsubscribing to this forum about four days ago or so on the forum thread "How do I" and sent an email to PlanetHanyu Staff asking to unscubscribe to this forum. I have not received a response to either enquiry. Is this a difficult question? I don't want to be a member on this forum or blog any more. Please delete me. I entreat you.

I am not sure what you're having trouble with but if you set notifications to "not receive" on the thread that you're following (like General Yuzuru chat, etc), you will not receive any notification. You then log out from the forum and visit the forum, you will not be recognised as a registered member. You can still access things but won't be able to post or access certain links that are available only to members.

Guest BonnieLou
39 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I am not sure what you're having trouble with but if you set notifications to "not receive" on the thread that you're following (like General Yuzuru chat, etc), you will not receive any notification. You then log out from the forum and visit the forum, you will not be recognised as a registered member. You can still access things but won't be able to post or access certain links that are available only to members.

Thanks for your reply. I am simply trying to unsubscribe my membership from PlanetHanyu....the whole forum.....I am not usually a joiner and regretted signing up....but can not find a way to unsubscribe.....thank you for your response.

Guest Mary_kyo
12 minutes ago, liv said:

This is when doing PR helps. If he'd had a coach, that coach could have talked up that extra difficult arm position, and then it would be talked about. Back in 1988 when Boitano did his short program 2A (back then 2A was mandatory in the sp)he landed it with both arms crossed. It was talked about, noticed...made a big deal over... I know, yuzu does things differently, but while admirable, that can be detrimental when up against those who play the game. 

I doubt a coach like Brian or Tracy would talk about these details about Yuzu. Especially in the past four years, they had enough time to do this but never did for whatever reasons. Almost no one in FS community is giving Yuzu credits for these details as according to them, he should exit and retire. So Boitano’s situation was different. But at least I would love to hear commentators discussing these details, sadly they also read from a given script these days.

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

I doubt a coach like Brian or Tracy would talk about these details about Yuzu. Especially in the past four years, they had enough time to do this but never did for whatever reasons. Almost no one in FS community is giving Yuzu credits for these details as according to them, he should exit and retire. So Boitano’s situation was different. But at least I would love to hear commentators discussing these details, sadly they also read from a given script these days.

i dont think his coaches ever talk about these kind of details before since the very beginning. so i dont find it odd at all if they dont talk about it now.