General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Saw this on twitter but we don't seem to have it in our video section - its 2013 DOI part of Yuzuru's "Take it all away" by Owl City - I'd love to see his whole performance, such a fabulous performer, so at ease (seemingly!) at such a young age! If we don't have it can someone upload if we want to keep it as I am not sure how to! If we do have it, forget it, or if we have the whole version of his performance, please point it out to me!! :please: (sorry, I never seem very good at finding things, even with searches, I don't know why! :59227c768286a__s:)

Yuzu never skated to the whole song. He just skated this much for the show opening number. I remember having the same problem as you when I first saw the clip, like where is the rest? It took years until I saw some compilation of his show openings and realized that that is all there is. We just have to enjoy what we have and hope he will do something similar in the future.

54 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

Yuzu never skated to the whole song. He just skated this much for the show opening number. I remember having the same problem as you when I first saw the clip, like where is the rest? It took years until I saw some compilation of his show openings and realized that that is all there is. We just have to enjoy what we have and hope he will do something similar in the future.

Thank you!! Yes I'd asked the OP on twitter for the link which they sent me, and I was :shrug: where's the rest lol!! I feared this was it - still it's great to see him skate to a bit of Owl City, I had never seen this clip before! (How, after 7 years of following him!! I keep thinking I have seen everything, but of course I haven't!) 

10 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Ice Dancer Age Yuzu  :loveshower:He'd kill it guys, no kidding. How to find a reliable Japanese to lift and prepare Yuzu for the 2034 Olympics? But seriously, thank you very much to Xinyu. Yuzu sending her selfie to him for posting it, shows how close he is among everyone. Xinyu and Shiyue were the real friends in the time of struggle and loneliness :ok2:

Lmao his voice though. As I type this, ISU (and also Nathan) are shaking and crying because Yuzu is single-handedly sending all the "let's make FS straight and macho again" BS into the trash.

Eh oh, there is a solution as Yuzu ice dancer trainer, who would be excellent / sublime etc ..... he is already super graceful : it would be Daisuke Takahashi who would be 48 years old in 2034 and who is now, ice dancer, but would have to find a good partner for the future Yuzu :nod2:dancer  

On 3/5/2022 at 9:44 PM, Mary_kyo said:

My God, he is just flawless

This is why I would like him to continue competing (Despite all the BS that is thrown to him). He is just getting better and better. It's so crazy. wow. 

This is absolutely mindblowing. Olympic Seimei made me a Yuzu fan and still is (probably will always remain) my favorite program. He had skated with his soul and interacted with the audience so strongly. And now this: It's even more intense and expressive! The position changes of the spins are absolutely to the point! I agree: It would be such a waste if this man r*red soon. Still peaking! Absolutely gorgeous! :SunFace::worship:

On 3/5/2022 at 11:56 PM, Sun_Rise said:

Hi Everyone, I've never posted before (only lurking), so first of all - thank you so much for this place, it's simply amazing!

And I wanted to make my first post about something I really feel strongly about and it is exactly to stress how much I agree with all the above. 

I have been binge watching and rewatching all Yuzuru's programmes for the last three weeks and I am absolutely convinced he has improved in many ways - his moves, his transitions, his control of the ice, a detailed response to music, jumps looking even more natural and embedded in the artistic vision, the cohesion, sophistication but also the execution of the Tenchi programme is simply stunning. 

The comparison of the final sequence of Seimei is also very illustrative of his improvement - in the newer (practice) version the moves are sharper, more ballet-style and dramatic, and yet harmonious and natural, he seems to be more confident in claiming the space and responding to music, and together it generates so much energy and quality that these little performances (and especially Seimei) are so rewarding to watch. 

Hi and welcome! :wave: Absolutely agree with your observation and conclusion. :agree2:

Guest Mary_kyo

Who is going to tell Yuma that he can’t surpass Yuzu in term of results if it is not due to overscoring and JSF (& his coach dad) support to him?

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/3d50e76c24fa83e91bd53648b1456775de8d0458?page=3

Anyway, I noticed JSF’s favorite skaters usually don’t admire Yuzu’s technical abilities. if they have to praise him, they usually mention his "aura" or "presence". You can see they follow the narrative of ISU (and JSF) that Yuzu is a mere artistic skater. They never mention how he is a complete skater. 

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

Who is going to tell Yuma that he can’t surpass Yuzu in term of results if it is not due to overscoring and JSF (& his coach dad) support to him?

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/3d50e76c24fa83e91bd53648b1456775de8d0458?page=3

I don´t think Yuma meant it in a bad or personal way (atleast from the translation I don´t know Japanese so it´s difficult to say). He obviously has a lot of respect for Yuzu and admires him but at the end of the day they ultimately are competitors in a highly competitive sport.

2 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

Hi and welcome! :wave: Absolutely agree with your observation and conclusion. :agree2:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is a wonderful place and great to be here. I've been still doing my homework, but even more convinced about Yuzu's growth and improvement, thanks to this incredible determination to always perfect his skills. 

Guest Mary_kyo
48 minutes ago, yuri_zz said:

I don´t think Yuma meant it in a bad or personal way (atleast from the translation I don´t know Japanese so it´s difficult to say). He obviously has a lot of respect for Yuzu and admires him but at the end of the day they ultimately are competitors in a highly competitive sport.

Ofc, Yuma is giving a public interview and his words are mostly positive. For Yuma, Yuzu is a competitor that he should surpass (fair or not, that’s another discussion). He clearly admires Nathan (his skating idol according to himself) and nothing is wrong with that.

I’m just pointing out my observation that JSF’s supported skaters usually follow ISU’s narrative very well, praise Yuzu for his “aura”, “presence” but not tech or skating style wise. Well, they are selected to be supported for some reason anyway lol.

6 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

The number of Japanese media reporting the Worlds in Montpellier, France appears to have decreased from 18 to 12 :roll eyes:

We knew it.

I would like to correct an error on the article of the Worlds, which I read easily and it is on Yuzu and at one point the Japan / English translation says : "the popularity of Yuzu in THE country" eh no and it is well written "in HIS country" in the French article : Yuzu is loved in France (isn't it)  :wink2: and I read well for the Japanese media 

12 hours ago, Anabel said:

Thank you! I imagined it would be some kind of Sendai mascot, but I wasn't sure. 
The same website says you can place overseas orders through Tenso. I hadn't explored the Ebay option... Thanks again! :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5 :

Here is an article, with a lot of reading, on the Sendai ice rink and you will discover the famous mascot Irène / Nanami / Yuzu (of course)  :softyuzu: and on Sendai city and this is happening post 2018 Olympics https://yuzusorbet .tumblr.com/post/176016378127/my-sendai-holiday-april-2018-part-2-ice-rink