General Yuzuru Chat

I really love that kimono costume :10636614:

Yuzu's humor :headdesk: 

Never know he is one of those people that has like the lamest joke ever, but becomes super funny just because the joke is super lame it makes you laugh so much  :rofl:

15 minutes ago, b138oo said:

Never know he is one of those people that has like the lamest joke ever, but becomes super funny just because the joke is super lame it makes you laugh so much  :rofl:

This reminds me of a joke he made during an interview. The interviewer said he's a genius of facial expression (表情 hyōjō) and he promptly answered only on ice (氷上 hyōjō, same reading different meaning) :rofl:

Regardless of his tendency to make a dad joke, he's quick in making this kind of reply :xD:

29 minutes ago, b138oo said:

Doesn't he like making puns? :xD:

From this video translated by tsukihoshi14 @ tumblr:

I: I think you don’t realize it, but you are not only a genius skater, but also a genius at expression (表情:hyoujou).

Y: Oh no no…. But only when I’m on ice (氷上:hyoujou), right? 

I: Omg this XD *laughs* 

Note: In Japanese, “expression” and “on ice” have the same pronunciation but different characters.

Another pun from yuzuland + yuzusorbet @ tumblr:

“Our enemy is not Honnouji” - a pun from the idiom “Our enemy is at Honnouji 敵は本能寺にあり” (meaning one’s true intention lies somewhere/when someone has ulterior motives)

*Honno-ji is where Nobunari Oda’s ancestor (Oda Nobunaga) was assassinated in 1582. Yuzu probably mentioned the idiom with a twist because Nobunari Oda was present at that interview too. And Nobu-kun loved it; he said “UMAI !!!!” (awesome!!!) And the smile Yuzu gave him is so cute!!!

tumblr_nyl5kh5Jld1rqryl2o1_500.gif

He's also got a brutal sense of humour.

From this video partially translated by yuzusorbet @ tumblr from JN2015.

@7.37 Backstage before medal ceremony,
Yuzu: “Shall we jump a quad toe at the ceremony?” [laughs]
Mura: “Give me a break!!!”
Yuzu: “Let’s all jump a quad toe?” [all laughing]
Their 4T for the free skate is shown –Shoma popping jump, Yuzu’s fall and Mura’s hand-down.
[quite funny when watching the video– Yuzu saying let’s jump 4T and then all their failed 4Ts were shown. He has a wicked sense of humour!  And it’s so good to see him laughing.^^ ]

1 時間前, SparkleSalad said:

Ok, let's get real for a minute, you guyses.

4t-3a-3a-3a-1a from FaOI 2013 or whenever.

Is there fancam footage?

Did I dream having seen it?

I'm asking for a friend. >_>

There are no fancam clip since it was in Japan, but there are some on-site reports on that crazy jump sequence.

@ppsk8 (twitter account of a group of figure skating writers which has been providing reports on many shows and competitions)

Aiko (one of the writer): (Report on finale, continued from the last post) Meanwhile, Hanyu nailed 4T-3A-3A-3A-1A as if to see how much he could continue adding 3A. Then Hanyu and Koriyama made victory run doing the PW Lunge (Pistol pose). Brian Orser and David Wilson, the choreographers of this show also saluted to the audience.

@sk8fanjenny

[Report on FaOI including spoiler] The finale packed with jumps by Hanyu was uplifting. Reminded me of how I felt when I saw 4T-3T-2T by Kevin Reynolds at WTT2013. (On Yuzu’s jump sequence) Was it 4T-3A-3A-3A-1A? Stephane who was standing by to join the jump fest was like “What? Are you still going to add one more?”

On 6/5/2017 at 1:12 PM, Xen said:

:offtopic2: Okay, I need to know, who was the skater who acted as Go-Chan. Seriously, the fact that you can do a double jump while wearing that, with your head making you tilt off-axis, is not an easy feat. Was it Nobu? Javi? Who was it?!

Look at this pic -> 

6 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

There are no fancam clip since it was in Japan, but there are some on-site reports on that crazy jump sequence.

@ppsk8 (twitter account of a group of figure skating writers which has been providing reports on many shows and competitions)

Aiko (one of the writer): (Report on finale, continued from the last post) Meanwhile, Hanyu nailed 4T-3A-3A-3A-1A as if to see how much he could continue adding 3A. Then Hanyu and Koriyama made victory run doing the PW Lunge (Pistol pose). Brian Orser and David Wilson, the choreographers of this show also saluted to the audience.

@sk8fanjenny

[Report on FaOI including spoiler] The finale packed with jumps by Hanyu was uplifting. Reminded me of how I felt when I saw 4T-3T-2T by Kevin Reynolds at WTT2013. (On Yuzu’s jump sequence) Was it 4T-3A-3A-3A-1A? Stephane who was standing by to join the jump fest was like “What? Are you still going to add one more?”

Thanks very much for this info and links to Twitter accounts! :pbow:

Don't fans know that you can buy teeny HD spy cameras that look like shirt buttons and such? Because you can! I would gladly outfit the entire audience with them if it meant precious jump footage!

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

Look at this pic -> 

:xD:

17 分ぐらい, SparkleSalad said:

Thanks very much for this info and links to Twitter accounts! :pbow:

Don't fans know that you can buy teeny HD spy cameras that look like shirt buttons and such? Because you can! I would gladly outfit the entire audience with them if it meant precious jump footage!

Even if you could record it you would not be able to share it without trouble because everybody knows it’s prohibited.:Sad: It’s a shame but now in many shows in Japan there are TV crews. They record things even when they don’t broadcast the whole show and share them when they are interesting like Asahi shared the Ballade No.1 on Makuhari day 3. Hope we’ll be able to see some of the Niigata shows too.:fingerscrossed:

2 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Even if you could record it you would not be able to share it without trouble because everybody knows it’s prohibited.:Sad: It’s a shame but now in many shows in Japan there are TV crews. They record things even when they don’t broadcast the whole show and share them when they are interesting like Asahi shared the Ballade No.1 on Makuhari day 3. Hope we’ll be able to see some of the Niigata shows too.:fingerscrossed:

We need a Wikileaks type organisation to protect our sources. :P

1 hour ago, b138oo said:

omg I knew it, I knew Yuzu had that kind of sense of humor haaahahahahahahaha 

59 minutes ago, matchanodoame said:

This reminds me of a joke he made during an interview. The interviewer said he's a genius of facial expression (表情 hyōjō) and he promptly answered only on ice (氷上 hyōjō, same reading different meaning) :rofl:

Regardless of his tendency to make a dad joke, he's quick in making this kind of reply :xD:

Quick-witted people tent to be smart:goe: