General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, PomeloPooh said:

I read somewhere that Brian advised him not to make any public social media account, though probably it was Yuzu's intention all along anyway. The advice came from their experience with Yuna, who has a bunch of Korean media as crazy as the Japanese one to deal with. She had a little bit of unfortunate history with her twitter (unintentionally getting into a fan war I think), and all her accounts ended up with only charity & commercial content. Anyway, social media really carries great risks for any celebrity that doesn't feed off the clicks. When you're scrutinized by such wide public, whatever you do at all will get some people's hate. When it's as intimate a medium as social media, it gets personal. It's good for the peace of mind if not the public image,  especially for someone with a kind and sensitive heart like Yuzu. 

I wonder if his family gave him advice about the dangers of social media. 

They seem to prefer to be out of the limelight and, as a friend would say, conduct their lives "in quiet good taste."  

10 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Oh I know that in reality Yuzuru feels he has to be careful and he is concerned about what the media say about him, and he likes his privacy (although I thought Canada still afforded him some anonymity?? Maybe not now he is 2x Oly Champ!) and I don’t know about recent things in the media about him and Evgenia, What was it all about can I ask?

Spoiler

I think there has been two incidents with paps, 1. one paparazzo got a shot of him coming out of TCC and getting on his mom's car (one of those gossip mags wrote an article about him not living with evgenia wtf?)

2. Another shot of him outside TCC now just getting on the car with a horrible story about how the driver noticed the pap and started to drive with yuzu's door still open

Awful stuff

The biggest danger for Yuzu is not only his skating and all that's attached to that but, and it's not noted often enough, his looks, which have been described as 'boy band' perfection.  The thing is that Yuzu seems to be blessed/cursed with permanent adolescent beauty, a beauty that will probably last into his thirties, long after he's retired.  Put with the face his physique, which is very much like those of the young males pictured in the teen-idol mags, and the whole effect is deadly.  I think he's probably conscious of that and that's why he keeps his off-ice time in public to a bare minimum.  I am often surprised that Yuzu-worship has not taken off in the States, or is the obsession with Nathan sufficient to keep Yuzu off the radar?

6 minutes ago, micaelis said:

The biggest danger for Yuzu is not only his skating and all that's attached to that but, and it's not noted often enough, his looks, which have been described as 'boy band' perfection.  The thing is that Yuzu seems to be blessed/cursed with permanent adolescent beauty, a beauty that will probably last into his thirties, long after he's retired.  Put with the face his physique, which is very much like those of the young males pictured in the teen-idol mags, and the whole effect is deadly.  I think he's probably conscious of that and that's why he keeps his off-ice time in public to a bare minimum.  I am often surprised that Yuzu-worship has not taken off in the States, or is the obsession with Nathan sufficient to keep Yuzu off the radar?

Yuzu's charm is not only his good looks or his skating talent. I remember the first time I saw him, I surely think he is good looking and obviously talented, but what attracted me the most (at the beginning) is how he bowed after his performance. (No wonder he practiced that bow eh, it is also deadly!)

He might not be conscious about his physical effect, the guy might just fed up with cameras following him anywhere and wish to has his privacy. :sadPooh:

19 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

Yuzu's charm is not only his good looks or his skating talent. I remember the first time I saw him, I surely think he is good looking and obviously talented, but what attracted me the most (at the beginning) is how he bowed after his performance. (No wonder he practiced that bow eh, it is also deadly!)

He might not be conscious about his physical effect, the guy might just fed up with cameras following him anywhere and wish to has his privacy. :sadPooh:

Oh his attitude about things absolutely only made me love him more. He's good looking, an incredible skater (possibly GOAT?), and such a great role model. I really like how much he just thanks his supporters and gives back to them (especially earthquake victims). Like that one moment when he was named to the Olympic team for Sochi and was thanking the fans and asking for continued support while he bowed.

But then he has his moments that just make me side-eye him hard (and then I laugh because he's honestly so ridiculous sometimes and I love it) :1:

22 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

Yes, I think he is just the right mix of a lot of qualities most humans admire, so many people can find something in him, be it his beauty, his talent, his character, he is just one of those special humans that leave a big mark in history.

(For me it was a video of him cheering for Javi while clutching Pooh-san xD I was so intrigued by him, why was he cheering like that for his rival? Why the pooh bear? Was this the guy that won over Pchan at sochi?)

5 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

Do share. :gla:

"Please eat me" is easily my top Yuzu why? moment.

Others include Yuzu pretending to punch himself in the face & one moment where he skated over to the boards at Olympic Gala practice and threw his body on top of them before immediately bouncing off (completely unprompted)

Also :peekapooh:

53 minutes ago, MarthEmblem said:

& one moment where he skated over to the boards at Olympic Gala practice and threw his body on top of them before immediately bouncing off (completely unprompted)

There might be an explanation for that, at least -- I believe Boyang Jin had been bouncing himself onto the boards like that, and Yuzu saw him and thought it looked fun. :xD:

The other stuff is all him, though..... at least the Tokyo Ghoul character actually does eat people, so it wasn't completely out of nowhere, like if Yuzu asked Pikachu or Sailor Moon to eat him xD

9 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

There might be an explanation for that, at least -- I believe Boyang Jin had been bouncing

The other stuff is all him, though..... at least the Tokyo Ghoul character actually does eat people, so it wasn't completely out of nowhere, like if Yuzu asked Pikachu or Sailor Moon to eat him xD

Yeah a lot of the other skaters was bouncing off of that foam wall so Yuzu was doing it too. 

The eat me comment didnt even phase me  :68468287: the character literally eats people. Yuzu was just joking around with the voice actor. I found it odd that ppl made a big deal out of it though  :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid: