General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

Well for me, I don't really mind cos people's opinions are subjective. the things they say about yuzu are like constantly changing every season. People are like yuzu suits PW kind of music the best at first, then Chopin came, then H&L/LGC. Yuzu is really versatile and he really pulls off any genre he decides to do amazingly well. Like LGC's facial expressions always gets me :smiley-love017:. so to me, yuzu is an ice prince every time he's on the ice (sorry that prince vibe feels cliché to you ^^;;;), Chopin does brings out more of a prince vibe tho (cos of the costume?).

I guess not just the costume but his calm expression, the soft arm movements, the way he effortless glides on the ice. The music itself creates a royal , almost dreamy atmosphere (I don't know if this makes sense but that's how I feel when listening to it... :rofl:)

And I was wondering, at least for Yuzuru (since I don't know other skaters that well), his SP and FS kind of have a contrasting tempo and theme. Like in the 2013-14 season, PW was a guitar piece and he was being somewhat flirty while R&J2 was a more classical piece and pure love (forgive me for the lack of proper musical terms), a rock LGC vs the nature H&L. So if he's using Chopin 3.0 as his SP for this upcoming season, will the FS be a more dramatic one? I hope so :10636614:

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

I wonder when was this interview be made? Before he went to Toronto or after he came back to Japan for ice shows? Or it was right before/after the Makuhari ice show?

I asked this as well - but I'm pretty sure it was done way before the ice show. I saw posts of people sharing the new Ice Level number here 1-2 weeks ago? And by then, the number was already completed, so all the interviews must have already been made. 

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Well, we know what would happen, then, right? Someone breaking Yuzuru's record... and Yuzuru back to back breaking it 15 minutes later :rofl:
Imo, it could happen, why say it couldn't happen. But "getting ready for the eventuality" sounds sour to me. Like, we shouldn't expect Yuzuru to win everything, but we shouldn't expect him to lose to everything either. I guess... a bit more chill would be nice xD 

It's not being sour and expecting him to lose everything. I'm just saying those numbers will be broken eventually, and I suspect it'll be next season due to GOE candies and tech advancements, so it's something people should expect because BVs will play a big role in that. Doesn't mean Yuzu won't go right back and break those new records himself, either first or after. But the seeming inviolability of those numbers will probably be challenged next season. 

1 minute ago, Puniyo said:

I guess not just the costume but his calm expression, the soft arm movements, the way he effortless glides on the ice. The music itself creates a royal , almost dreamy atmosphere (I don't know if this makes sense but that's how I feel when listening to it... :rofl:)

And I was wondering, at least for Yuzuru (since I don't know other skaters that well), his SP and FS kind of have a contrasting tempo and theme. Like in the 2013-14 season, PW was a guitar piece and he was being somewhat flirty while R&J2 was a more classical piece and pure love (forgive me for the lack of proper musical terms), a rock LGC vs the nature H&L. So if he's using Chopin 3.0 as his SP for this upcoming season, will the FS be a more dramatic one? I hope so :10636614:

there's also soft arm movements, calm expressions and effortless glides for H&L tho. So yes I think its mainly the music. But imagine pchan or javi or anyone skates to Chopin music, I don't think it'd have that dreamy feeling. So is it not the music? idk. I think yuzu's aura just matches the music he chooses very well, which amplifies them?

And yep I do think the programs will be contrasting too.

hace 1 minuto , xeyra said:

It's not being sour and expecting him to lose everything. I'm just saying those numbers will be broken eventually, and I suspect it'll be next season due to GOE candies and tech advancements, so it's something people should expect because BVs will play a big role in that. Doesn't mean Yuzu won't go right back and break those new records himself, either first or after. But the seeming inviolability of those numbers will probably be challenged next season. 

I am not worried about broken records, it will happen some day, of course, it is normal course of things in the sport.

What worries me most is unfair judging and undeserved scores. And the only way to counter it is by giving clean or almost clean perfomances.

Still 2015-2016 records held until WC and it was Yuzuru who broke FS one. With all the candies Javi received for Malagueña, Chopin is still unbeaten.

3 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

agree with everything you said especially the bolded parts.. 

My fav short program is Chopin so even though I was initially like mmh... three peat? not so sure... I think I've seen the light LOL 

For the "princely" vibe I think it's that kind of commanding yet sensitive aura he exudes, that's pronounced when he skates to Chopin... because the way the program is constructed from the beginning to the end really showcases that aspect of his skating and personality.... His lovely floaty costume helps with that I guess :smiley-love017:

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

I agree, I actually thought about this a little and I think I'd give a 70% probability of someone breaking Yuzuru's WR (let's say that in that 70% there is also Yuzuru included). Mmh... I think it will be more likely in the Short Program, than the Free Skating. 

And sorry, I meant the expression sounds sour, not you. I'm used to comment very straight-forwardly about what feelings a certain expression gives me. In my mind, that expression made me think "getting ready for the worst". I hope you understand xD 

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Well, we know what would happen, then, right? Someone breaking Yuzuru's record... and Yuzuru back to back breaking it 15 minutes later :rofl:
Imo, it could happen, why say it couldn't happen. But "getting ready for the eventuality" sounds sour to me. Like, we shouldn't expect Yuzuru to win everything, but we shouldn't expect him to lose to everything either. I guess... a bit more chill would be nice xD 

haha I know right. "getting ready for the eventuality" sounds like someone is going to die or something ^^;

hace 2 minutos , yuzuuu said:

there's also soft arm movements, calm expressions and effortless glides for H&L tho. So yes I think its mainly the music. But imagine pchan or javi or anyone skates to Chopin music, I don't think it'd have that dreamy feeling. So is it not the music? idk. I think yuzu's aura just matches the music he chooses very well, which amplifies them?

I think of all skaters you mentioned only Patrick could have done Chopin justice, but still he lacks that inner fire which Yuzu puts in his perfomance. For me it is what makes his Chopin so special.

3 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

haha I know right. "getting ready for the eventuality" sounds like someone is going to die or something ^^;

LOL, maybe I could have chosen better wording to express my point. Mea culpa. 

5 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

H&L is more of an autobiographical (well sort of) from him and we can see him smiling quite a lot throughout the program so I can see 'normal' Yuzuru skating and sharing his joy with us.

With Chopin, he sports a more serious expression and instead of sharing a piece of him, I feel like it's more commanding and it demands your attention (not that the other programs don't do this, but more implicitly). Yup, like you said, it's his aura that shines through :cheers:

16 minutes ago, meoima said:

I wonder when was this interview be made? Before he went to Toronto or after he came back to Japan for ice shows? Or it was right before/after the Makuhari ice show?

I checked my twitter and the release news about Ice Jewel came out on May 18. So the interview should be done way before that. My guess is, after WTT. 

42 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I wonder if people should start getting ready for the eventuality that some of his records might be broken next season, and not necessarily (first) by him. There's a lot of tech increase in the men's division that'll make it more and more possible.

They definitely should be prepared for the possibility his WR is going to go and not by him. I actually find this very likely.  

This is why I keep insisting on Eteri-Medvedeva's strategy not being applicable in the same way it is in the ladies; the tech increase in the men is too high for that to work as efficiently and securely as it has been for her.

I admit I don't really fully understand Yuzuru's reasoning, especially considering the 'challenging' of the 4T-3T. It's not really a challenge at all. A 4S-3T in the second half would be, or a 4Lo-3T but not a 4T-3T. A 4T-3T is a downgrade, even with the second half placement in terms of how it's perceived.
It's especially going to lose meaning quickly if any of the other men do it too, including Javier, packaged as it is in a program Yuzuru is repeating for the third time.

I am in essence, supremely confused by this decision. I see too many 'mixed messages' there; I can clearly see a lot of pros but a lot of cons too. 

Is it possible he got so spooked by what has happened last season that he has backed off and is playing it as securely as possible? I guess it is. If this is true, then whatever makes him feel the most comfortable in a high pressure situation as Olympics is definitely the way to go, even if he is sacrificing some things potentially as there is still the FS to go.

Please Japanese media, give us a good interview at some point during FaOI! :fingerscrossed:

2 minutes ago, Floria said:

I think of all skaters you mentioned only Patrick could have done Chopin justice, but still he lacks that inner fire which Yuzu puts in his perfomance. For me it is what makes his Chopin so special.

For me, Patrick is more a "classical" skater and Yuzu's more of a "romantic" skater [talking about musical eras here lol] 

And Chopin is a Romantic composer so :laughing: