General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

:offtopic:if only I can remove the Estee Lauder from your profile pic. *.*

I know!! if i have better photo shop skill... but it is too cute to not use it:10636614:

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

I was surprised as well. To be honest, it said attack in the english translation, but I am not sure he used that specific word. I think I'm gonna go back and try to listen/read the precise wording xD 

i think he used the same word as shoma in japanese

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

I've been meaning to ask: what's the general opinion about the re-use of Chopin in the Japanese, Chinese, Russian, etc. SNS/forums? And if slightly apprehensive/negative, has it changed after seeing the two Chopin 3.0 programs we've had access to lately (the stream and the clean SP)?

1 hour ago, yuzuuu said:

for Chinese, I'm not sure about before but I see many comments about how the king is back after the clean Chopin. people are saying that Chopin suits yuzu the best, it gives of the perfect ice prince feeling.

I was on Weibo when the Chopin 3.0 news came out. The idea caused great excitement from the start and was generally embraced by people. The few who expressed apprehension actually started their posts with "I may be the only one thinking this but..."

And now, a popular opinion that's been reblogged a lot is like this: "With Chopin, I actually think he's taking great risks with great determination. Compared to beating others with a fresh new program, it's a much more intimidating task to beat his 330 past self." 

@Murieleirum and @fluffypooh, you are talking about the interview he gave yesterday after the clean SP, yes? The translation makes it seem as if he is speaking of his SP as something he'll work on in order to win (and I assumed he's talking about Chopin as it makes sense since it's the SP he's working on right now in the shows) but is his wording in Japanese more vague than that?

2 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

I was on Weibo when the Chopin 3.0 news came out. The idea caused great excitement and was generally embraced by people. The few who expressed apprehension actually started their posts with "I may be the only one thinking this but..."

And now, a popular opinion that's been reblogged a lot is like this: "I don't think he's playing it safe with Chopin. Compared to beating others with a fresh new program, it's a much more intimidating task to beat his 330 past self." (I'll link to it later when I get my hand on a computer. )

Oh yeah I saw this a lot too. Many were also saying that the only one who could surpass yuzu is yuzu himself :smiley-love017:

2 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

Oh yeah I saw this a lot too. Many were also saying that the only one who could surpass yuzu is yuzu himself :smiley-love017:

I wonder if people should start getting ready for the eventuality that some of his records might be broken next season, and not necessarily (first) by him. There's a lot of tech increase in the men's division that'll make it more and more possible.

27 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

for Chinese, I'm not sure about before but I see many comments about how the king is back after the clean Chopin. people are saying that Chopin suits yuzu the best, it gives of the perfect ice prince feeling.

OT, but this here made me realize why I don't like Chopin as much as other programs. And it's precisely that ice prince, prince charming feeling. I find that kind of thing really cliche and boring - maybe I've just become a cynical adult :P. Of course, Yuzu's skating is beautiful and there are many great points in the program. Objectively it's great. Subjectively, to me, it's too close to what people expect of figure skating - right down to the classical music - which makes it cliche. It also bugs me when people say it fits Yuzu. Because, to me, that's like putting him in a pretty, neat little box. When in fact, I don't think they've invented a box that fits him yet.

I'm not saying Yuzu doesn't fit Chopin. I'm saying I think he can do so much more and saying he fits Chopin is underestimating him. I guess maybe to long term skating fans, skating a really good classical program is the ultimate achievement. To me, as a new skating fan, skating new, more unusual programs really well is the ultimate achievement. That might actually be why I fell for Yuzuru last year, when he had two - to me - unusual programs. He surprised me and charmed me and I want to see what else he'll come up with.

Sorry, I got a little carried away and I hope nobody will be offended by this. The above is just my impression, based on my own likes and dislikes and I believe everyone is entitled to their own. Although I would be curious if anyone else shares these thoughts... Because it really seems like most people absolutely adore Chopin and I'm usually feeling like I'm stuck in a corner just trying to understand lol

Reposting from GS (yude posted it)

I've read "Ice Jewels" today at the bookstore, I didn't buy it so I can't translate but this is what I remember.

・He came to measure his fat and muscle and make good use of it for training and it worked very well before WC.

・He is not thinking of putting 4Lz very much.

・Now he is confident in 4T because he can do it like his 3A, and he can land it in the 2nd half with the same quality of 4T in the first half.He limited the number of 4T in the practice so he had to really focus on them, and it led to the good quality eventually.

・(about H&L) He knew he could have more clean performances with the layout of the last year, he can perform "Seimei" program very easy now, he can do it clean anywhere at any condition. However he really wanted to do 4 quads programs including 4Lo this season for the next season.

・He thinks there are a lot of things to be learned from Medvedeva because she can keep performing cleanly in every competition. (I think he was talking about her mental state mainly)

There was Brian's interview and he said he received the letters from Yuzuru's fans saying "why are you letting Yuzuru do 4S?" (:biggrin:)

My overall impression was that he basically said 2016-2017 was difficult season but he really needed it for the next season. It was long interview, probably 8-10 pages. I hope we're able to read more accurate translation :)

On the possibility of him reusing Chopin, I totally get it. He said it himself. He feels the music as natural as his breathing. As a dancer, finding a piece of music you connect to at that level with choreography that settles into your own movement is very special. To all the musicians here, it must be the same for you isn't it?

Chopin+Yuzu+Jeff can't not be brilliant.

14 minutes ago, xeyra said:

@Murieleirum and @fluffypooh, you are talking about the interview he gave yesterday after the clean SP, yes? The translation makes it seem as if he is speaking of his SP as something he'll work on in order to win (and I assumed he's talking about Chopin as it makes sense since it's the SP he's working on right now in the shows) but is his wording in Japanese more vague than that?

i don't remember which one it was 27th or 28th, i can't find the part i was talking about anymore, i think they cut it short for the news

14 minutes ago, fluffypooh said:

I know!! if i have better photo shop skill... but it is too cute to not use it:10636614:

i think he used the same word as shoma in japanese

If nobody else does, I might give it a try when I get home, re: photoshop... if it's not a very big, high quality picture, I might actually manage... (though it'd be my first attempt :P)

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I wonder if people should start getting ready for the eventuality that some of his records might be broken next season, and not necessarily (first) by him. There's a lot of tech increase in the men's division that'll make it more and more possible.

I agree... That kind of thinking is just asking for disappointment... I, too, don't want anyone breaking his records, but it's very likely to happen, so... better be ready for it... (However, it's likely he'll just break them again, and have the last word...)

Just now, KatjaThera said:

OT, but this here made me realize why I don't like Chopin as much as other programs. And it's precisely that ice prince, prince charming feeling. I find that kind of thing really cliche and boring - maybe I've just become a cynical adult :P. Of course, Yuzu's skating is beautiful and there are many great points in the program. Objectively it's great. Subjectively, to me, it's too close to what people expect of figure skating - right down to the classical music - which makes it cliche. It also bugs me when people say it fits Yuzu. Because, to me, that's like putting him in a pretty, neat little box. When in fact, I don't think they've invented a box that fits him yet.

I'm not saying Yuzu doesn't fit Chopin. I'm saying I think he can do so much more and saying he fits Chopin is underestimating him. I guess maybe to long term skating fans, skating a really good classical program is the ultimate achievement. To me, as a new skating fan, skating new, more unusual programs really well is the ultimate achievement. That might actually be why I fell for Yuzuru last year, when he had two - to me - unusual programs. He surprised me and charmed me and I want to see what else he'll come up with.

Sorry, I got a little carried away and I hope nobody will be offended by this. The above is just my impression, based on my own likes and dislikes and I believe everyone is entitled to their own. Although I would be curious if anyone else shares these thoughts... Because it really seems like most people absolutely adore Chopin and I'm usually feeling like I'm stuck in a corner just trying to understand lol

Well for me, I don't really mind cos people's opinions are subjective. the things they say about yuzu are like constantly changing every season. People are like yuzu suits PW kind of music the best at first, then Chopin came, then H&L/LGC. Yuzu is really versatile and he really pulls off any genre he decides to do amazingly well. Like LGC's facial expressions always gets me :smiley-love017:. so to me, yuzu is an ice prince every time he's on the ice (sorry that prince vibe feels cliché to you ^^;;;), Chopin does brings out more of a prince vibe tho (cos of the costume?).

5 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

If nobody else does, I might give it a try when I get home, re: photoshop... if it's not a very big, high quality picture, I might actually manage... (though it'd be my first attempt :P)

I agree... That kind of thinking is just asking for disappointment... I, too, don't want anyone breaking his records, but it's very likely to happen, so... better be ready for it... (However, it's likely he'll just break them again, and have the last word...)

(If his record is broken, yuzu will be so motivated and kuyashii that he breaks them the next week or so.)

Well, I'm just going to wait and see for whatever comes this season. If he's seriously not considering 4Lz, his chances of increasing BV require him replacing one 3A for another quad (I assume 4T since he's happy with its quality in the second half). And better yet, repeating 4Lo in that 5-quad FS. A reasonable BV increase to go with the small BV increase of the backloaded SP is still an increase, and he might have a few more chances of going clean with all known quantities. But overall, not bringing 4Lz still puts him below whatever Nathan or Shoma (or Boyang) might have in terms of BV. And he could have some good success with the 4Lz in the summer, so it's still possible he'll change his mind from whatever he might have thought initially, so it's still too soon to tell.

On one hand, I'm glad about his small little successes in the FS (going clean at Worlds, improvisation, his second half quads quality). On the other, the issues he had with his SP, additionally to the Boston aftermath, seem to have changed his perspective a bit on things and he's coming to this next season with less 'I have to catch up on all these quadsters' and more 'I need to go clean even with lower BV to get consistently good scores'. 

14 minutes ago, xeyra said:

No, actually the translation that was linked here (cantilover's tumblr) is excellent, I can't say it hasn't been done with attentiveness. Yuzuru did use the word "seme", which means both attack and offense, so for that one, no doubt. As for everything else, I really like the vibe of the interview. He's not giving away details, but intentions. I especially like how he said "I want to level it up with the elements I am challenging right now", because if you think about the elements he's challenging... yes, there's the 4T3T in second half. And then there's 4Lz. He's not giving anything away, but... I think he still doesn't know. He said in almost every interview by now that he doesn't think of putting the 4Lz, and a lot of people here rightly suspected it to be a strategy. I agree. How can he say he'll ad 4Lz when it's still a work in progress? So, he doesnt think he will put the 4Lz. But he wants to. 

13 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Well, we know what would happen, then, right? Someone breaking Yuzuru's record... and Yuzuru back to back breaking it 15 minutes later :rofl:
Imo, it could happen, why say it couldn't happen. But "getting ready for the eventuality" sounds sour to me. Like, we shouldn't expect Yuzuru to win everything, but we shouldn't expect him to lose to everything either. I guess... a bit more chill would be nice xD 

8 minutes ago, Fresca said:

On the possibility of him reusing Chopin, I totally get it. He said it himself. He feels the music as natural as his breathing. As a dancer, finding a piece of music you connect to at that level with choreography that settles into your own movement is very special. To all the musicians here, it must be the same for you isn't it?

Chopin+Yuzu+Jeff can't not be brilliant.

I've loved that part of the interview. "I feel the music in the same way I breathe". A week ago I was talking about tempo in music on here, and how if it's the right tempo, it allows you to breathe in sync with the music, like a single heartbeat. I am happy to know Yuzuru is aware of how important this is as well. He has such a musician's mind, it's amazing. (I mean, dancer's and musician's minds are probably very alike on this).