General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Yolo3a said:

What I don't understand is why ISO is so late with eastablishing the rules for the next season. People needs to tailor the music folks!! Some of them need to edit it like 36 times. 

Skaters might already know the basics of it though... From word of mouth, interviews, etc, so they might already prepare... Its just the finalization of it as rules that we all have to wait, and whether some of it really pass or not

IMO, yuzu will definitely benefit from the less 30s for free programs rules. His stamina is better these days but sometimes you can see his ChSq (or the last 15s or so before finally spin) is not as sharp as he usually is in practice. He already has really short set up and he even already practice the '5 jumps within 1 min 30 s' with as many transitions. 3A still get the same bv (if true) and it's his best jump. And if the no quad repetion is true, then the quads in his arsenal are, 4T n 4S (very stable, can do it in combination), 4Lo (can get it back), 4Lz (depends on his ankle but it'll likely come back in the future tho we might not see it for a while). He even plans to land 4A in thr near future.

Like, I see little to no downside to this for yuzu, performance-wise. (1 downside probably he just needs to continue being focused bc if not then he might messed up the timing bc the jumps are so close to each other, but this can get easier with training).

Other skaters (especially who had long set ups or hasnt mastered the different rythmn of the different jumps) on the other hand, welp. I dont know.

Anyway I said performance-wise, because score will always be like this if judges still score them like how they always score. Skaters from the big 3 fed will somehow get some kind of overlooked, or inflation, or something. its just how its always been.

Nathan Chen has always been a nice kid. Yuzu likes him for a good reason; and I wish all Fanyus would stop thinking you have to hate Yuzu's competitors in order to love him. I am 100% positive Yuzu wouldn't approve of that. We can even recognize how good the competition is, while still also recognizing that no-one else is even close to Yuzu in talent. 

NATHAN CHEN ON YUZURU HANYU: 

"Looking toward next season, it appears Chen will once again face rival and 2-time Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu, who announced last week that he hopes to compete next season.

“It’s great,” said Chen on hearing the news. “I had no idea that [Hanyu] was coming back. But I was kind of expecting it anyways. I didn’t think he was going to quit that soon. He brings a lot to skating, so it’s cool for him to do that.”

Chen said that he enjoys competing against Hanyu. “In any competition, you want to have all the best skaters together, competing, really doing their best, and just seeing who can come out to win that specific day. It’s always great to have him there.” 

He added that Hanyu’s presence helps push and motivate him. “You feel like someone is on your back all the time. Not that I’m ahead of him, by any means; it’s just nice to have that competition. It also pushes me to try harder things.”

SOURCE:  http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2018/04/23/nathan-chen-looks-foward-to-new-chapter-in-his-life-and-training/

So it looks like Nippon TV will be covering the Emperor's Garden Party on the news show Miyaneya at 155pm Japan time:

http://www.ytv.co.jp/miyaneya/

Summary:

"大韓航空で今度は母のパワハラ映像流出疑惑!?韓国財閥どうなってるの?

速報!春の園遊会…金メダリストたちの表情は"

Translation:

-Leaked video of Korean Air family matriarch's bullying? What is happening with Korean conglomerates?

-News Update! The Emperor's Spring Garden Party... and our gold medallists' expressions

So I don't think they'll be livestreaming it, but there will be coverage.  Here's hopping it isn't a Mezamashi-esque 10 seconds of :2:...

(Edited to add: for those of you with FujiTV, the channel is 003 日テレ)

8 hours ago, Lilona said:

Tbh between all of this new propositions and rules, I'm strongly against only this strange rule that Lakernik mentioned in one of his interview-proposition to make one type of quad only ONCE in free program in solo or combination oO.

The thing is since the number of jumps get decreased to 7, skaters could be unmotivated to learn the jumps that theyre not good with and just repeated the same jumps they're good at in combination. I mean zayak rules exist for a reason. And unlike in ladies where the jump option available is not that much (and therefore the layouts from top skaters dont differ too much from each other, unless youre alina and you had -3lo combination n put it all in your secondhalf lol), a lot of the men, top 12 men even maybe, had at least 1 type of quad, and top 5 men had more than 2 type of quads, so there is a lot more option, and a lot of possibilities of combination. Even with 8 jumps some skaters already dropped a jump type theyre not good with. Ex: kolyada dont jump flip anymore. So if youre not good at a type of jump now theyre even MORE motivated to drop said jump, this strategy is definitely more beneficial now more than ever, and that's not in line with what isu had in mind as an ideal. Which is, varieties. 

For ex, since nate is good at 4lz n 4f, he could just do 4lz 4f 4lz+3t 4f+2t 4t+2t 3a 3lo

And just forget about salchow. And since 4lz and 4f had highest bv, he doubled his bv advantage.

Just by repeating them and even barely landing them, he is guaranteed a win imo lol especially with the way judges giving goe like candies these days. Dont even start to talk about pcs.

This is the same for all skaters. Yuzu could drop the flip jump entirely (Tho his personality might not allow it) but the new rules (w/o the no quads repetition) is designed to change the perspective on jumping that flip from no-advantage-but-no-real-disadvantage-either to just straight up Disadvantage-and-would-be-pretty-stupid-to-jump-it. Shoma could avoid lutz entirely. Etc etc.

Its not just about the quads. Its about varieties in the type of jumps, and that include triples too.

Anyway, this maybe is more suited to skating talk soz *sweats*

7 minutes ago, souyouki said:

So it looks like Nippon TV will be covering the Emperor's Garden Party on the news show Miyaneya:

http://www.ytv.co.jp/miyaneya/

Summary:

"大韓航空で今度は母のパワハラ映像流出疑惑!?韓国財閥どうなってるの?

速報!春の園遊会…金メダリストたちの表情は"

Translation:

-Leaked video of Korean Air family matriarch's bullying? What is happening with Korean conglomerates?

-News Update! The Emperor's Spring Garden Party... and our gold medallists' expressions

So I don't think they'll be livestreaming it, but there will be coverage.  Here's hopping it isn't a Mezamashi-esque 10 seconds of :2:...

(Edited to add: for those of you with FujiTV, the channel is 003 日テレ)

Oh if it's live, they might catch the sun shining... Though right now it's hard to imagine it... They might need rubber boots for the mud, though 😅

Ah, seems it's let up a bit...

49 minutes ago, Toni said:

Nathan Chen has always been a nice kid. Yuzu likes him for a good reason; and I wish all Fanyus would stop thinking you have to hate Yuzu's competitors in order to love him. I am 100% positive Yuzu wouldn't approve of that. We can even recognize how good the competition is, while still also recognizing that no-one else is even close to Yuzu in talent. 

Hmmmm... Obviously can't speak with certainty for anyone besides myself, but from what I've seen around, I think a lot of the dissent around Nathen Chen is not against him as a person but 1) judging panel favouritism, 2) biased USA media hype, 3) personal dislike for his skating style. Like everyone seems to think he's a good kid, but wonder why on earth his coaching team takes him in the direction they do, hate the ridiculous PCS he gets, and hates the media hyping up stuff. 

So I don't think as many satellites hate Nathan as you think. They just hate everything else around him. 

20 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Hmmmm... Obviously can't speak with certainty for anyone besides myself, but from what I've seen around, I think a lot of the dissent around Nathen Chen is not against him as a person but 1) judging panel favouritism, 2) biased USA media hype, 3) personal dislike for his skating style. Like everyone seems to think he's a good kid, but wonder why on earth his coaching team takes him in the direction they do, hate the ridiculous PCS he gets, and hates the media hyping up stuff. 

So I don't think as many satellites hate Nathan as you think. They just hate everything else around him. 

i feel like more and more people are equating skating and/or scoring talk as a personal attack or hate against the skaters as a person themselves. which is quite disappointing to be honest. i dont know how most fans can see overscoring as a good thing to be done to their skaters? Surely they have seen what happened to medvedeva.... you might momentarily get bonus but your score is capped eventually and the moment you slightly falter and judges get bored, they will be looking for new younger skaters.... if skaters are really in this for the long haul, the only thing they can do is not take the score for granted and actually improve their shortcomings. and most times overscoring hinders that drive/decision.

edit: to be fair, i havent back read enough to the page that i left the last time i was here, and there might be some other posts i missed in the pages ive read so maybe there really is outright hate, so idk

sorry for being off topic....to bring it back to yuzu, um, i think i saw a tweet saying the Emperor garden tea party will be broadcasted? is that true? i thought its a private thing

11 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Agree. I haven't even seen any hate on Nathan here, but perhaps I just haven't explored the planet enough. 

We've been worried about the weather, but it was officially announced the imperial garden party was going to be held as planned. I hope they are all safe and have good time! And I believe all TV news will cover this event, so let's be ready:party2:

2 minutes ago, yude said:

We've been worried about the weather, but it was officially announced the imperial garden party was going to be held as planned. I hope they are all safe and have good time! And I believe all TV news will cover this event, so let's be ready:party2:

thanks for the info! sorry for asking but, by 'cover' what do they mean actually? just clips? interviews? live broadcast of the greetings? 

14 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

i feel like more and more people are equating skating and/or scoring talk as a personal attack or hate against the skaters as a person themselves. which is quite disappointing to be honest. i dont know how most fans can see overscoring as a good thing to be done to their skaters? Surely they have seen what happened to medvedeva.... you might momentarily get bonus but your score is capped eventually and the moment you slightly falter and judges get bored, they will be looking for new younger skaters.... if skaters are really in this for the long haul, the only thing they can do is not take the score for granted and actually improve their shortcomings. and most times overscoring hinders that drive/decision.

edit: to be fair, i havent back read enough to the page that i left the last time i was here, and there might be some other posts i missed in the pages ive read so maybe there really is outright hate, so idk

sorry for being off topic....to bring it back to yuzu, um, i think i saw a tweet saying the Emperor garden tea party will be broadcasted? is that true? i thought its a private thing

2 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

thanks for the info! sorry for asking but, by 'cover' what do they mean actually? just clips? interviews? live broadcast of the greetings? 

2 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Hey everyone. Does anyone know when will the garden party be hold? If there is a life steam or not? Thank you. 

I know that Miyaneya (a news wide-show) will cover it at 155pm Japan time on Nippon TV (003 on FujiTV). I don't believe it's a livestream though...

5 分, swanbeauさんが言いました:

There is no live stream for this event, but there are live TV shows around or after  noon so I'm wondering if they will show it live. But it really depends on how the event is carried out since we don't know the time schedule. We are sure to have lots of video clips and Yuzuru is scheduled to meet the press so we're going to have his comments about the event :)

37 minutes ago, yude said:

There is no live stream for this event, but there are live TV shows around or after  noon so I'm wondering if they will show it live. But it really depends on how the event is carried out since we don't know the time schedule. We are sure to have lots of video clips and Yuzuru is scheduled to meet the press so we're going to have his comments about the event :)

47 minutes ago, souyouki said:

I know that Miyaneya (a news wide-show) will cover it at 155pm Japan time on Nippon TV (003 on FujiTV). I don't believe it's a livestream though...

thank you so much for answering! i hope we get a whole lot of different vids on yuzuru :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: