General Yuzuru Chat

17 分, sweetwaterさんが言いました:

Oh, was that you? Now you can check his words with the transcription published by JNPC today, thanks to this post by @kaeryth. Check the file linked in the tweet.

I think it's kind of natural for fans outside of Japan to think it's not about the way fans shown in news shows because uploaders of Yuzu-related clips tend to edit out such segments from their videos, but believe me, there have been so many TV programs featured Yuzu fans a bit mockingly.:smiley-angry013:
Japanese TV loves to ridicule fans of someone who's super popular among girls and ladies (e.g. Yuzu, Shohei Otani, K-pop or K-drama stars) and it's super annoying for the fans themselves. When newspapers refer to Yuzu fans they are much more polite though.

Yep, that was me. And I did check out the transcript. I've edited my original post with my thoughts after reading it. I still don't quite get why he made the leap to it but I guess it's mainly cos I never actually got to see the full breadth of these mocking fan coverage you mentioned. I could only link it to what I do know which is fanvids. And I never doubted it. With your revelation, though, I think I can now sort of see why he said that, if they also cover those who don't get to see him live in comp (which I suppose now makes more sense than fanvids) and he was doing his part to defend his fans. :) Most of all, I can now watch fanvids again. I've never been more glad to be wrong, lol. Thank you!

(I'm now mighty curious about these shows that offer up inaccurate representation of his fans though...I think if I saw one or two, I'll finally really get what he's trying to convey back there.)

Just now, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Is that an edit? Cos I'm thinking they might just make a new plaque that puts the years together, like they do with the WC version what with the real estate on that board being limited and all. >_< 

im still looking for the footage

Or well, it could be special since it's for Olympic medallists. I think the WC one only shows the champions...? Or at least I only seem to remember Hanyu and Fernandez's golds being mentioned on there. I forgot what color medals the other names were...and I don't remember the other names on the Oly one either, so I cant recall if any if them were repeat medallists...

I missed the explosion while I did stupid things like sleeping. Must go back and catch up.

But did he really say two weeks of treatment and three months of rehab? Because that is.... Way way way better than my fears, like, galaxies away from my fears, and if that's all it will take to get him healthy, difficult though I know it will be, I can cut my worrying down to regular levels and look forward to his comeback again!

New programmes! He'll have loads of ideas!

4 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Or well, it could be special since it's for Olympic medallists. I think the WC one only show the champions...? Or at least I only seem to remember Hanyu and Fernandez's golds being mentioned on there. I forgot what color medals the other names were...and I don't remember the other names on the Oly one either, so I any recall if any of them were repeat medallists...

Olympic Medalists

World Champions

(those moments when it comes in handy that I tag my stuff properly :biggrin: )

9 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I missed the explosion while I did stupid things like sleeping. Must go back and catch up.

But did he really say two weeks of treatment and three months of rehab? Because that is.... Way way way better than my fears, like, galaxies away from my fears, and if that's all it will take to get him healthy, difficult though I know it will be, I can cut my worrying down to regular levels and look forward to his comeback again!

New programmes! He'll have loads of ideas!

He did say it. :biggrin: And there was much rejoicing hurraaaay. Now your only fear should be death by 4A. Yours, of course, not his.

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

He did say it. :biggrin: And there was much rejoicing hurraaaay. Now your only fear should be death by 4A. Yours, of course, not his.

Oh there we go, I'm not done with the crying even if it's been weeks since the Olympics.

I can't wait to die by Yuzu's 4A! 

36 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's fake. :biggrin: It's from way back in open media day times when Brian gave the tour of TCC (instead of Fuji TV giving us the Niigata nyan.)

Plus no Javi bronze in there, which would be unlikely in real footage. 

1 時間前, sweetwaterさんが言いました:

I think it's kind of natural for fans outside of Japan to think it's not about the way fans shown in news shows because uploaders of Yuzu-related clips tend to edit out such segments from their videos, but believe me, there have been so many TV programs featured Yuzu fans a bit mockingly.:smiley-angry013:

Japanese TV loves to ridicule fans of someone who's super popular among girls and ladies (e.g. Yuzu, Shohei Otani, K-pop or K-drama stars) and it's super annoying for the fans themselves. When newspapers refer to Yuzu fans they are much more polite though.

Guy gives his much-ridiculed fans a lot to be proud about. I saw quite a bit of mean-spirited wishes from non-fans hoping he'd fall or lose not because they had anything against him (not exactly) but they wanted it to happen simply out of spite for his fans whom they felt were obnoxious (which admittedly some of us can be a little but no reason to wish ill on an innocent and hardworking athlete cos of that). Now that he's gone and done us proud instead, and we've pretty much gotten the last laugh (which is funny cos I remember seeing more crying than laughing), I don't see fans spiting right back (in the same media I saw the spite being directed at us anyway...dunno about other more cesspooly parts of the interwebz), something I feel the guy himself can be proud about. :)

30 分, WinForPoohさんが言いました:

That's okay, plenty more where they're coming from, I'm a fanyu! :biggrin: 

If I'd been hesitant to label myself a Fanyu before, I'm not anymore. ^^

17 分, xeyraさんが言いました:

Plus no Javi bronze in there, which would be unlikely in real footage. 

OH YEAH! It's getting likelier and likelier that he'll have one plaque with two years on it since Fernandez's one would mean there'd be only one more spot left on the board (before they start a new one). Good thing Hanyu won one of the same color, then. It makes things so much more convenient. XD