General Yuzuru Chat

18 hours ago, HaruhiMoe said:

This is a clear example of "putting your game face on".  

16 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm not sure exactly what it will be but it says "video revolution - 100 minute special program" so probably showing the VR jump analysis etc they used during the broadcast.

:headdesk2: Praying for a miracle. 

You are correct. I saw another video with them showing the cameras lining the arena to get those 360 shots. Though I didn't really see the point of it. I think stromotion is better. 

19 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm not sure exactly what it will be but it says "video revolution - 100 minute special program" so probably showing the VR jump analysis etc they used during the broadcast.

:headdesk2: Praying for a miracle. 

So maybe a more general skating/winter sports programs with Yuzu's jumps as an example.

If they're doing jump analysis, let's see if they come to the same conclusion that Yuzu's jump distance and height are smaller, and his rotations are slower than < xyz.

:war:

3 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Oh speaking of which, if any of you have VR headset devices, the NBC Olympics app has the men's free in there.  You can see Yuzu's free skate from a 180 degree view.  Kinda interesting. 

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: Debating my life choices. VR headset. NBC Olympics app. $$$.

4 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Oh speaking of which, if any of you have VR headset devices, the NBC Olympics app has the men's free in there.  You can see Yuzu's free skate from a 180 degree view.  Kinda interesting. 

Do you need an NBC or cable account account or anything like that? I managed to pay for and download the Eurosport VR app which promises a similar thing but they released an update which I can't seem to load so I can't use it. :13877886:  >_> Does anyone want to maybe help me get the NBC app outside of USA? 

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: Debating my life choices. VR headset. NBC Olympics app. $$$.

Google cardboard? DIY cardboard? Just holding it in your hand? 

Emotional post ahead:

I'm watching the oscars and they presented this is me which was played at the ending number of the gala, and now everytime I hear that song I remember Yuzuru being so happy at the gala. My sister told me she was really glad he won lol and It just hit me again how truly amazing his achievement was, seriously we are used to Yuzuru making the impossible possible but still I can't really express how amazed I'm about this guy and what he was able to make.

6 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

NBC App is free to download. Some videos are free to watch too.  You can try google cardboard (which I actually think they have DIY instructions), but I have to be hooked into the headset to download and play it in the oculus interface.

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Do you need an NBC or cable account account or anything like that? I managed to pay for and download the Eurosport VR app which promises a similar thing but they released an update which I can't seem to load so I can't use it. :13877886:  >_> Does anyone want to maybe help me get the NBC app outside of USA? 

Google cardboard? DIY cardboard? Just holding it in your hand? 

You don't need an account to see the highlights, but you need an account to watch the entire event  Thankfully in the highlights which is free for everyone they show Yuzu's complete program.  They only showed snippets of Javi and Shoma.  They showed some K&C too and I remember hearing some dialogue.  I may login to my cable account later so see what the entire competition looked like.

3 minutes ago, Anony said:

Those are his Ice Fly, they must be pretty old though they don't look too scuffed up at all for a used pair of boots

My thoughts exactly, he really takes care of his boots. My boots after 3 months look more worn than this.

(I'm sorry my dear boots, I've mistreated you).