General Yuzuru Chat

It really says how famous you are when you have 4 other gold medalist, 3 individuals of which won multiple medals and still almost all the questions go to Yuzu :laughing:  not to make light of anyone’s accomplishments tho, Japan really did amazing this year at PyeongChang!!! Congrats to everyone! Did they ask Yuzu if he wanted to be Captain next year after Kodaira?

yeah I'm a bit...idk. It's weird to hear him speaking so openly and frankly about expecting a very painful time ahead (he literally said すごく辛い時期). I know he has a tendency to smile and hide all his pain but it's kind of jarring to have him be smiling while saying stuff like that (and like......the JP media just...not really...addressing it? maybe we'll have people sharing opinions tomorrow on news/talk show programs). Would love a second opinion re: translation from gladi or the usual translators as well, I'm not sure if I got it completely right. 

I would be stunned if he went to Worlds, I expect that might be the reason he's trying to manage expectations like this (pls just announce your withdrawal and put us out of misery yuzu T__T)  

1 minute ago, kaerb said:

I would be stunned if he went to Worlds, I expect that might be the reason he's trying to manage expectations like this (pls just announce your withdrawal and put us out of misery yuzu T__T)  

I feel like he will have to announce it soon enough (well, JSF will) because they'll need to warn his substitute (Mura?).