General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Yes, you basically got the gist which is that Sendai loves him a lot (feels like they just dumped all the news reports from the last few days LOL)

• Little boy #Exposed his mum as a yuzu fan lol she was like 'please don't say that, you like him too right?'
  • Over 2000 people had wishes for Yuzu which they tied to the tanabata tree
  • Public viewing in Sendai station peaked for when Group 4 began
  • Yakisoba place was where Yuzu visited after his first victory in Sochi
  • Touchingly, I think they visited the places in Sendai still rebuilding after the disaster and the elderly residents were buoyed especially by the fact he was able to recover and win after an injury
    • There was an old lady who called him 'Hanyu-tono' aldkjaslf (Lord Hanyu)
  • They showed a lot of people visiting a shrine for the god of victory on the morning of the FS leaving ema (prayer blocks) for him, including Chinese tourists. Yuzuru himself visited the one at the end (Akiyuu Jinja)

Thanks for the summary!

When you watch stuff like this, it really makes you think of just how much Yuzu is loved in Sendai. It's not a small city by any means, yet people gathered together to watch his skating in the middle of the day, cheering him on. The out pour of support is amazing. That they had a city hall (or auditorium) along with the sendai station showings is pretty amazing.There's a bit of a small town warmth, despite the size of the city.  I don't think this is frequently done for athletes in larger cities regardless of their titles?

As for his hand print, someone needs to tell us just what size it really is. It's so petite and delicate for a guy (small palm and long fingers).

On 2018. 02. 17. at 6:13 AM, Xen said:

Om....are any of the satellites in the arena alive? You guys aren't keeled over right?

I'm catching up with the thread now and I'm about 200 pages behind! :embSwan:We all survived!!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup::2thumbsup: After crying, shouting, screaming and praying for Yuzu so much.

It's been a week now and I posted on Saturday that I was going to the sea to release a swan. I chose one made by @yuzuangel because it was a nice one + it had purple in it and I'm quite superstitious so I chose that one to wish Yuzuru good luck.

Being there was so calming and relaxing, and was a bit magical.  I had a really positive feeling on that day and I thought that everything was going to be alright.

kr7hvoe.jpg

I'll be forever grateful that I had the chance to be there and to be able to cheer for him and also that I could witness his performances and his second coronation! It was a once in a lifetime experience which I'll never forget :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, nagini said:

After the zero content for so long we have this weeks of so much squishiness to go back to zero will be like the suddenly there's no more electricity in the world so there's no more light.

But there's always be the moment when i smile out of nowhere cause i think of Yuzu being the 2 consecutive times OGM

it's like carrying a warm glow with you everywhere. using zuzu background  wallpapers on all devices also helps keep the moment alive 

Just now, nagini said:

Sometimes he reminds me of 

MV5BMTMxMTU5MTY4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzgy

source

:smiley-laughing021: