General Yuzuru Chat

54 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I like that one but I like the one from Phantom even better.  Particularly at the 2014  GPF he entered into it with a sustained note from the orchestra and right after he'd taken a tumble while  attempting a triple lutz.  What it did for those watching it was let everyone know that the fall had not derailed him.  The timing was perfect and he finished the skate triumphantly with a near free skate record and a win of the GPF (remember, this was the season of the collision) by more than 30 points.   Yuzu salvaged the season with that skate and the Ina Bauer could not have been better placed to make the point.

Yes, the POTO one from 2014 GPF is definitely memorable :agree2: It was the beginning of his victory lap to cap a successful program that showed he was back.

Everyone has their favorites! Mine is the R&J 2 one because I thought DW used it so effectively as a choreographic element. I'm a big sucker for choreography that uses changes in levels (in dance, level is the height at which a movement occurs) that make sense with the program and the music. The step sequence occurs at the climax of the program and DW choreographed the changes in levels to go with the percussion to make the movement as dramatic as the music. The Ina Bauer at the crescendo is the first level change (from upright to a back bend) with the entry and exit to the percussion. DW then continues this theme of changes in levels to add variety/drama for the rest of the step sequence and even into the final spin and ending pose with Yuzu taking a knee to the ice.

14 hours ago, Killaa said:

Curling team!!! 

I find it HILARIOUS that Yuzu is so bad at the other winter sports!

• Speed Skating: falls and finishes last
  • Curling: a pathetic push so that despite Misha's frantic sweeping, bottle barely moves
  • Figures: going straight forwards and backwards using the wall instead of skating around the obstacles. The other skaters were teasing him!
1 hour ago, innerlight said:

I'm not 100% sure but matsuoka and nobu are doing some correspondance for TV Asahi right now and its the only(?) jap channel currently airing the womens FS: https://mov3.co/tvasahi/

I have no idea what time though :/ 

Thanks.

I found this tweet and via translate I think this might be the program that will feature Yuzu and Shoma?  Can someone kindly confirm/translate if this will be the show (and I think it says 7 pm as the time)

7 minutes ago, Bonesfan said:

I find it HILARIOUS that Yuzu is so bad at the other winter sports!

• Speed Skating: falls and finishes last
  • Curling: a pathetic push so that despite Misha's frantic sweeping, bottle barely moves
  • Figures: going straight forwards and backwards using the wall instead of skating around the obstacles. The other skaters were teasing him!

well yuzu was actually going first for speed skating and he tried to put his hands to the back and use it while making turns. (heard he fell somewhat intentionally).

for figures, he can't do difficult footwork cos of his foot condition....

Hace 2 horas, micaelis said:

I like that one but I like the one from Phantom even better.  Particularly at the 2014  GPF he entered into it with a sustained note from the orchestra and right after he'd taken a tumble while  attempting a triple lutz.  What it did for those watching it was let everyone know that the fall had not derailed him.  The timing was perfect and he finished the skate triumphantly with a near free skate record and a win of the GPF (remember, this was the season of the collision) by more than 30 points.   Yuzu salvaged the season with that skate and the Ina Bauer could not have been better placed to make the point.

I rewatched GPF 2014 POTO with BESP commentary and... "We're not talking here about the best skater of the year, we're not even talking about the best skater of his generation, he may be one of the greatest skaters if not the greatest skater of all time... as long as he doesn't get injured.  He's a very special guy. The maturity that he has now, what, from a year ago? Just to mentally come back and do this defies belief, really". :sadPooh: What makes me emotional is the fact that if you didn't know the context, you wouldn't know if these words were really said in 2014 or if they referred to his recent comeback at Pyeongchang... sigh, our boy has been through a lot

3 hours ago, Anya said:

Thanks.

I found this tweet and via translate I think this might be the program that will feature Yuzu and Shoma?  Can someone kindly confirm/translate if this will be the show (and I think it says 7 pm as the time)

Yea I think you're right, it does says yuzu and shoma and seeing the time, it will be time of medal ceremony for the ladies tonight.. someone says before they will do recap of ladies so may be before/after the  actual medal ceremony for ladies