General Yuzuru Chat

On 2/1/2018 at 9:14 AM, ruruzest said:

OT but this is interesting!

http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/cm/main?d=20140805-00010002-jisin-en

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?64263-Yuzuru-Hanyu-2014-15-Season/page70

this translation is from Nicky_10 from GS

Just a short loose translation...
Normally the salary for a cm is around 50,000,000 yen, so why is it as high as 80,000,000 yen for Yuzuru Hanyu?
Other athletes such as Yuto Nagatomo (soccer) gets 50,000,000 yen, Kagawa Shinji (soccer) gets 60,000,000 yen and in th figureskating world, Taisuke Takahashi around 20,000,000 yen and Mao Asada also 50,000,000 yen.
So how comes that Yuzuru Hanyu's pay is that high. At the moment he has offers from about 20 companies. But as a top skaters the commercials he can do are limited to around 5. At the moment there are only two spots left, so the competitions is quit rough. Most likely he will chose some drink maker and a clothing company.

I hope I didn't make any mistakes with the numbers.... And it's just a rough translation!

Also an article about Waseda University in English regarding Yuzu’s studying 

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/adv/wol/dy/education/people_140804.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

80,000,000 yen??? It's like....730K - something  dollars:omg:!!!

Well he's worth every one of them! The selling power  of  this  boy is  unparalleled.  He  could  advertise snow  to  the Eskimo and  they would buy it...

hace 1 minuto , ralucutzagy said:

I don't know abt Chopin costume but I think SEIMEI one is perfect as it is right now! Yuzu looks amazing in it!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Agree. For me he can return to Chopin 1.0, but Seimei is perfect, but I wouldn't say no to all black

Anyway I don't expect great changes, didn't he say it was distracting?

I like how we distract ourselves from panic mode with costume talk :laughing:

I think rather than being uncomfortable, his necklaces got stuck in the neck sparkles. If he found a solution for that, I don't think he'd have to change anything...

And I love Seimei as it is, too. I do still wonder, though, what was up with the new skate guards, though.

(And I am somewhat amused, because I remember reading somewhere that Brian (?) told Yuna not to wear gold at the Olympics, so she even removed a gold ring she used to wear, and apparently there's a superstition about wearing gold at the Olympics. So what does Yuzu do? GOLD GOLD lots of GOLD :rofl:He should show up wearing gold UA, too lol)

Just now, Floria said:

Agree. For me he can return to Chopin 1.0, but Seimei is perfect, but I wouldn't say no to all black

But he kind of did need a distraction during his off time, so... who knows... (imagine a black and gold Seimei... :10742290:)

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Both Brian’s wore virtually the same costume in ‘88 with golden braid so it worked for one of them! 

Yep. And that's also why I doubt the accuracy of that... whether my memory of it or the original account I read ^_^;

3 minutes ago, Floria said:

It's a surviving mechanism! The Team Event is a week away and we still dont know when he arrives or if he's doing it!! :dpooh:

hace 1 minuto , SparkleSalad said:

Maybe it’s not the golden curse but the lucky blue. Teal is kind of blueish, right? 

Probably it is the combinarion of red and gold that brings bad luck, not the gold itself.

15 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think rather than being uncomfortable, his necklaces got stuck in the neck sparkles. If he found a solution for that, I don't think he'd have to change anything...

And I love Seimei as it is, too. I do still wonder, though, what was up with the new skate guards, though.

(And I am somewhat amused, because I remember reading somewhere that Brian (?) told Yuna not to wear gold at the Olympics, so she even removed a gold ring she used to wear, and apparently there's a superstition about wearing gold at the Olympics. So what does Yuzu do? GOLD GOLD lots of GOLD :rofl:He should show up wearing gold UA, too lol)

I think his Chopin costume is beautiful, it's my favourite so far. The colours go very well together, and the neck part is my favourite :smiley-love017:   I am curious whether there will be any changes.

(As for Yuna, she lost her golden ring before the Olympics and wanted to buy a new golden one but Brian told her not to wear gold and Yuna bought a silver ring instead, which I think went perfectly together with her gorgeous FS costume!)

Spoiler

wSXYoIS.jpg

(x)

hace 38 minutos , ralucutzagy said:

It's a surviving mechanism! The Team Event is a week away and we still dont know when he arrives or if he's doing it!! :dpooh:

The first thing I said to my mother this morning was "Olympics are next week". And she answered: "So we will see him again at last!".   I guess I converted her into being a fanyu finally :laughing:. And one year ago she used to call me a crazy fan because I went to GPF...