General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Forcefield said:

I've been replaying this over and over. I miss him sooo much.

Can't believe last minute I worried that JSF might troll us and not name Yuzu to the team. Well, yes I'm a habitual worry-wart.

The JSF person was also shocked with the screams :rofl:

Btw is it confirmed he WONT go to 4cc and WILL go to worlds 2018?

It will be such a HUGE emotional experience if he comes back at pc thou. While post pc would be just as emotional as we're nervous not knowing when he will retire. Omg I cant imagine the day hes not skating anymore

I'm so happy even if it was expected :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

and yasssss Yuzu to Milan!:yes2::yes2::yes2: 

Also happy for all the team! I'm happy Kaori will go to Olys and very happy I will see my favourite bond girl in Milan:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Now no more injuries, skating gods, please, please, please:snonegai:

9 hours ago, micaelis said:

I appreciate your talk about seniority and such and accept your correction about seniority, but my comment about whether he might decide not to participate in the opening ceremony was not about a 'prima donna' element but about his concerns about undue physical stress.  I do not know exactly how the ceremony at PC is slated to go, but it is not unusual for the athletes to find themselves standing in the field for a lengthy period of time.  I have found that basically standing still is much more stressful physically than movement over the same period of time.  Yuzuru, if he is participating in the team competition, will have skated earlier on the day of the opening ceremony and he might wish to have the rest of the day to prepare himself for later competition.  I realize that the next competition, which would be the FS part of the team competition is three days later, but the heart of his competing takes place very soon after that.  He's coming back from a long period of convalescence and may wish to avoid any undue physical stress.  In any case not participating in the opening ceremony is not necessarily a matter of pride but might be contingent on whether that participation might adversely affect the competitive performance.  I'm thinking of the case with Michael Phelps, who participated in five Olympics beginning with Sidney in 2000 and ending with Rio in 2016.  The Rio opening was the first in which he participated.  Why he chose not to participate in the four earlier ones I do not know.  It certainly was not contingent on his successes, as with his first Olympics he was only 15 years old and had no reputation outside of the American swimming world.  A question I have someone might be able to answer - Did Yuzu participate in the Sochi opening?  I've looked at videos of the opening ceremony, looking closely as the Japanese team entered.  I failed to see him there, although everyone was moving and trying to distinguish a face in a moving crowd is not exactly an easy task.

The team event happens the 1st day of the game. I don't think any athlete will participate in Opening ceremony unles it's mandatory. For example, Michael Phelps didn't participate or was flag barrer until his 4th Olympic. He said he missed it because his first event was the morning after.

All FS event starts at 1030, meaning their morning practices is 530. Why would they stay up late standing outside in the cold for hours?