General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

What is his defintion of 'practice on ice' then if he's already skating on left food foot diet is killing me and gradually adding load and turn to right foot?

I am so confused.

Just now, kiches said:

Ok, I'm a bit confused, but does this mean he's only recently just started putting weight on his right foot and that he was skating on just his left foot at first?

i think it says "stroking and crossovers" um focusing? on the left foot and gradually introducing his right foot or... something like that lol (forgive my abysmal abilities in translation)

The only thing i'm sure of is that it definitely took longer than expected to heal, poor baby

Just now, Hydroblade said:

i think it says "stroking and crossovers" um focusing? on the left foot and gradually introducing his right foot or... something like that lol (forgive my abysmal abilities in translation)

The only thing i'm sure of is that it definitely took longer than expected to heal, poor baby

Hmm, but, how do you do crossovers without both feet... But maybe it does mean he's been on ice (with both feet) but hasn't put great weight/stress on his right foot yet - i.e. jumps.

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

But he's definitely healing, and now we know that when he says practice on ice, he means more than just skating. The more we know, now.

Your ava is making me giggle too.

Just now, kiches said:

Hmm, but, how do you do crossovers without both feet... But maybe it does mean he's been on ice (with both feet) but hasn't put great weight/stress on his right foot yet - i.e. jumps.

yeah i'm confused about that too, but it literally says "focusing on the left foot, stroking and "cross" (i assume crossovers)" and something like "starting from simple gliding/skating"? (i am unsure about how to translate it, but i guess that's the general idea")

hace 9 minutos , WinForPooh said:

Maybe our boy is so extra he only calls it practice on ice if he's jumping at least triples.

ETA: With all this extra practice on his non-dominant foot, I bet he'll definitely get level 4 on his Seimei step sequence! :laughing:

hace 7 minutos , singcarcom said:

Or if he's doing run-throughs with his planned layouts...

I guess «practice» means any jumps, because he lands them on the right foot and probably still can't do it.

ETA crossovers and stroking can be considered part of on ice rehabilitation also. 

7 minutes ago, kiches said:

Maybe Yuzu is being a troll and has a pair of roller blades for him to do off-ice training in one of those dance studios within TCC. Not the same as skating, but good for just gliding? :LOL:

The fact that he is still thinking about Nationals worries me, but after all he is the one who knows better his condition. With his protein diet, treatment, rehabilitation and off ice training for 4 weeks I don't think he will need lots of time to return to his pre-NHK condition.

In the new update, he didn't mention about Nationals at all. He will resume practice on ice soon, but not yet at the moment. Maybe its mean he will rely on his left feet first, the start put more weight on the right one when he feel comfortable. All skaters favor left/right leg when the other's in pain 

For me, all these news are preparing for WD. I can't see how he's gonna compete with less than a week on ice. Not to mention, he's still feel pain a few days ago. 

1 minute ago, Floria said:

The fact that he is still thinking about Nationals worries me, but after all he is the one who knows better his condition. With his protein diet, treatment, rehabilitation and off ice training for 4 weeks I don't think he will need lots of time to return to his pre-NHK condition.

If he's not thinking about Nationals, then he's not Yuzu. While it might be good for his physical health to skip Nationals, I think it will affect his mental state negatively. This boy is too stubborn. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Floria said:

I feel like it's a "if I can skate and there's not much risk of further injury, why can't I compete" situation.