General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It seems it's mint/white chocolate mix with pop-rocks. The bloody white chocolate!

*hands in satellite badge* I'm sorry, but my tolerance for sugar is not high enough for this official flavor. Just mentioning white chocolate alone can make me feel sick. 

Ice cream wise, I must don the Machida badge. After the ice cream tasting, can I have my Yuzu satellite badge back? Considering I still make useful mental theater contributions to this planet?

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm pretty sure he's INFJ tho...

Good news! The map is almost ready for reals this time :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: now you will be able to drag your marker and delete it by doing a right click!

As soon as i get the japanese input working 100% i will release it again haha. Sorry for the delay! And again, if anyone has another idea of icons i could add, just tell me :biggrin: i can change your icon for another option too hihihi

I can't guess others but I'm INFJ! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: and you guys are right people often took me for an extrovert when I'm hanging out with friends haha ppl close to me know better tho

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Random thing I found while rereading stuff.

Skaters and their favourite ice-cream flavours: translated by Yuzusorbet

tumblr_nhbz4bkxzl1tbuttdo1_1280.jpg

oooh popping showers :smiley-love017: white chocolate, mint, and popping candies seems nice! I'll look for this flavor for sure :smiley-sport038::party0021:

I hope Yuzu gets all his birthday wishes from all over the world in every form and realises that what we want above all is his happiness. Sometimes I wonder if the adoration becomes a burden, but maybe this birthday, he will feel our support as something to lean on, instead of something that weighs him down.

4 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

I can't guess others but I'm INFJ! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: and you guys are right people often took me for an extrovert when I'm hanging out with friends haha ppl close to me know better tho

oooh popping showers :smiley-love017: white chocolate, mint, and popping candies seems nice! I'll look for this flavor for sure :smiley-sport038::party0021:

I've gotten INFJ each time I've taken it but I wonder if it doesn't like skewing the results that way to make people feel rare and super special. :P Of course I'm rare and super special anyway. :pancake: Or perhaps that personality type is just drawn to online personality tests. :biggrin: 

I think the ice cream thing is just someone playing around with what they think the personalities of the skaters are rather than their real favourites. Look at Daisuke's. :P

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I've gotten INFJ each time I've taken it but I wonder if it doesn't like skewing the results that way to make people feel rare and super special. :P Of course I'm rare and super special anyway. :pancake: Or perhaps that personality type is just drawn to online personality tests. :biggrin: 

I think the ice cream thing is just someone playing around with what they think the personalities of the skaters are rather than their real favourites. Look at Daisuke's. :P

hey high five! actually every student at my uni is required to take this test and among my friends from my major and choir club I found no one with this personality :giggle: so you are indeed a special salad! :sparkles.001:

1 minute ago, freeyafanfan said:

hey high five! actually every student at my uni is required to take this test and among my friends from my major and choir club I found no one with this personality :giggle: so you are indeed a special salad! :sparkles.001:

That damn test always says i'm INFP hahahaha. The description is eerily accurate but i suppose that's what happens with horoscopes?

10 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I hope Yuzu gets all his birthday wishes from all over the world in every form and realises that what we want above all is his happiness. Sometimes I wonder if the adoration becomes a burden, but maybe this birthday, he will feel our support as something to lean on, instead of something that weighs him down.

I'm assume it does and I don't envy him one bit. Though whatever he's sent likely goes through someone else first so hopefully they make sure he doesn't get too overwhelmed. I only sent him a letter after the news of the injury because I felt it was perhaps the sort of time where such an outpouring of love and support might be appreciated. I'm sure he'd be feeling sad and kuyashii on his GPFless birthday this year so hopefully he can get some strength from it.

1 hour ago, katonice said:

What brand of ice cream is this?

Popping shower? I haven't heard of that one, and now would be curious to try :P

I had the Baskin Robbins hard candy for the Popping Shower flavor. The candy tastes like sweet cream and pop rock candy.

Popping Shower flavor I think is exclusive to Baskin Robbins in Japan. If I remember correctly Yuzu didn't actually say he likes this flavor, the actual question in an interview at the end of 2014 asked him what ice cream flavor best describes him and he said popping shower - because 'It looks cute but when you put in the mouth, it's gonna act up!'.

I think it's a pretty accurate description :happy:. He looks sweet and cute but probably causes lots of trouble and is surprising like popping candy.

20 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

That damn test always says i'm INFP hahahaha. The description is eerily accurate but i suppose that's what happens with horoscopes?

Yeah, I found it pretty creepy, too, but I'm still skeptical and leaning towards the horoscope effect. I also took the test a year apart after what I thought was a year of super duper personal growth expecting my different answers to give me a different result and nope, same type. I cannot escape myself. 

23 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

I just went on a quest for special salads and... WHAT THE LIVING, SQUELCHY HELL, AMERICA? MAYONNAISE FRUIT SALAD?!?!$234234%R@3 GELATINE SALAAAAD????!#$23/43$#$#a6(*

Hmmm, how to get back on topic? :pouty: White chocolate salad?

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm assume it does and I don't envy him one bit. Though whatever he's sent likely goes through someone else first so hopefully they make sure he doesn't get too overwhelmed. I only sent him a letter after the news of the injury because I felt it was perhaps the sort of time where such an outpouring of love and support might be appreciated. I'm sure he'd be feeling sad and kuyashii on his GPFless birthday this year so hopefully he can get some strength from it.

Well, the overwhelming reaction when he got hurt is actual proof that we want him healthy far more than we want him to compete and win. Once he is healthy, we want him to compete and win, and that makes him happy. And us happy. The high when he skates his best is incredible, but none of that is more important than his health and happiness. I'm sure the messages are filtered through to him, too, so I hope they manage to convey something that makes him feel loved and supported, not pressured.

Just now, WinForPooh said:

Well, the overwhelming reaction when he got hurt is actual proof that we want him healthy far more than we want him to compete and win. Once he is healthy, we want him to compete and win, and that makes him happy. And us happy. The high when he skates his best is incredible, but none of that is more important than his health and happiness. I'm sure the messages are filtered through to him, too, so I hope they manage to convey something that makes him feel loved and supported, not pressured.

I'm still overwhelmed myself at the love he received after the injury. I've never seen anything like it! I'm so glad he's mellowing and realising he's not indestructible. If he ever felt like he was a disappointment to his fans by withdrawing I hope this shows him otherwise. A competitive career is so short, we need him happy and healthy for the endless ice shows we're going to make him do once he retires. :P 

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Extrovert- not all extroverts need people 24/7. Probably slight leaning towards Extroversion, just not an extreme one. ( look up MBTI ENFP, the most introverted of the extroverts-apparently a lot of figure skaters are this). And look at what he plays- Monster Hunter, which I think has an online grouping function. Not skyrim or any of the other solo rpgs which seems to be a favorite among my introvert friends. 

Mm I saw someone type him as an ENFJ and I think I agree with that, though I think, based on observations, he has a pretty impressive balance of all functions that I rarely see, such as his tendency to remember minute details about where he met people or exactly where events happened (very S...my N self is in awe since I forget small 'irrelevant' details all the time) or comfort with improvising on the fly (P) coupled with tendency to see wider patterns (N) - eg. in the progression of figure skating, thinking holistically about performance - and meticulous way of organising thoughts/tracking progress which is more of a J function). I do lean more towards typing Yuzu as an extrovert, albeit with strong introverted tendencies -- extroversion isn't exactly needing people 24/7 I think, but it's being significantly energised by the presence of others instead of drained, which fits with how he is around people unless he's really good at hiding the exhaustion... he's at least starkly different from eg. Shoma/Nathan who seem to be more classic introverts...you can almost feel how much they want to just go back to their rooms and sleep after galas whereas Yuzu......well. Oh well, it's all guesswork, based on limited media evidence, really :laughing: 

(Don't get me started on my MBTI junkie rabbit hole - I'm still not good enough to internalise all the primary/secondary/tertiary/inferior functions for each type but I find the entire thing fascinating, albeit probably not much more legit than horoscopes lol. I test 99% of the time as INTJ, though I also identify with/have tested as INFJ/INTP)

16 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I just went on a quest for special salads and... WHAT THE LIVING, SQUELCHY HELL, AMERICA? MAYONAISSE FRUIT SALAD?!?!$234234%R@3 GELATINE SALAAAAD????!#$23/43$#$#a6(*

Hmmm, how to get back on topic? :pouty: White chocolate salad?

....gelatine salad? :slinkaway: can't even imagine how that would taste like

19 minutes ago, kiches said:

I had the Baskin Robbins candy for the popping Shower flavor. The candy tastes like sweet cream and pop rock candy.

Popping Shower flavor I think is exclusive to Baskin Robbins in Japan. If I remember correctly Yuzu didn't actually say he likes this flavor, the actual question in an interview at the end of 2014 asked him what ice cream flavor best describes him and he said popping shower - because 'It looks cute but when you put in the mouth, it's gonna act up!'.

I think it's a pretty accurate description :happy:. He looks sweet and cute but probably causes lots of trouble and is surprising like popping candy.

ooh that is a good description, as expected of him :laughing: I thought he would like some berry flavored ice cream because he said his favorite xylitol gum is the blueberry one and said he likes berries