General Yuzuru Chat

Second failure... what I thought was candied, honeyed ginger was actually ginger and honey hard candy... :headdesk:(but it's individually wrapped, so it tricked me...)

Also, I'm thinking he really did use the whole chocolate bar, because I only used 6 or so squares and it's not really sweet at all... The marshmallows are a great touch, though... too bad I can't get the full effect (unless I try to make honeyed ginger myself...) :pouty:(Also he should have mentioned the microwave power. I had to do a full short program on mine, as opposed to just a second half :P)

Actually, I'm surprised when people say Ghana Milk Chocolate is very sweet, because it doesn't really seem like it to me. It's sweet, but I've definitely had sweeter...

18 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Second failure... what I thought was candied, honeyed ginger was actually ginger and honey hard candy... :headdesk:(but it's individually wrapped, so it tricked me...)

Also, I'm thinking he really did use the whole chocolate bar, because I only used 6 or so squares and it's not really sweet at all... The marshmallows are a great touch, though... too bad I can't get the full effect (unless I try to make honeyed ginger myself...) :pouty:(Also he should have mentioned the microwave power. I had to do a full short program on mine, as opposed to just a second half :P)

Actually, I'm surprised when people say Ghana Milk Chocolate is very sweet, because it doesn't really seem like it to me. It's sweet, but I've definitely had sweeter...

So out BB wasn't lying (too much) when he said he enjoyed his drink :P

1 minute ago, katonice said:

So out BB wasn't lying (too much) when he said he enjoyed his drink :P

Well, it depends lol When he first made just the hot chocolate, he definitely looked like it was too sweet. Which is why I'm thinking he might have used the whole bar or at least more than I did lol For the actual recipe, he had it already broken and so it might have been the right amount (maybe half a bar? I still think it seemed more than I used). The marshmallows are about the same and those are great, but he also added white chocolate and ginger, which I don't really have and the ginger at least I'm sure really added something, so in the end, I don't know the final taste... but I think it could be good... depending on how sweet a tooth he has lol

42 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's #1. Shame on you, Hydro.

34 minutes ago, OhYuzu said:

WOW, I thought it was 2 or 3, I never thought 1 could fit. :rofl:

:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:<3

29 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Lol, ikr? It's a nice kind of sweetness, even the aftertaste is good.

However, i bite off the chocolate tablets we use to make hot chocolate so... Yeah, i have a high tolerance for sugar.

54 minutes ago, katonice said:

What's the pancake rating chart?

VxlfqKb.jpg

Just now, Hydroblade said:

:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:<3

Lol, ikr? It's a nice kind of sweetness, even the aftertaste is good.

However, i bite off the chocolate tablets we use to make hot chocolate so... Yeah, i have a high tolerance for sugar.

I have to confess I've never made hot chocolate like this before... always used those instant things. But actually, I always added more sweetner to those, too... come to think of it, I think this was about as sweet at those...

But as for sweetness, I think Milka chocolate, for example, is sweeter. (Then again, I'm also one of those few people who aren't really crazy about chocolate lol)

Currently, I'm actually more intrigued by him saying he's always watched cooking shows, ever since he was a kid. Someone needs to get him on a cooking show! (He can't be worse than Yoshiki who had the most awkward throwing a slice of bread in a pan ever :P)

13 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Well, it depends lol When he first made just the hot chocolate, he definitely looked like it was too sweet. Which is why I'm thinking he might have used the whole bar or at least more than I did lol For the actual recipe, he had it already broken and so it might have been the right amount (maybe half a bar? I still think it seemed more than I used). The marshmallows are about the same and those are great, but he also added white chocolate and ginger, which I don't really have and the ginger at least I'm sure really added something, so in the end, I don't know the final taste... but I think it could be good... depending on how sweet a tooth he has lol

Yeah, the white chocolate would have amplified the sweetness for sure. Well, at least we know he actually probably made a chocolate drink that you could drink more than one sip of before being killed by the sweetness.

2 minutes ago, katonice said:

Yeah, the white chocolate would have amplified the sweetness for sure. Well, at least we know he actually probably made a chocolate drink that you could drink more than one sip of before being killed by the sweetness.

I think that is pretty safe to say, yes... Especially since for the actual recipe, the quantities were prepared in advance for him, he just mixed them up and chose the toppings. So I think they made sure it wouldn't be deadly. I mean, they couldn't afford to kill the living national treasure, right?

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

I think that is pretty safe to say, yes... Especially since for the actual recipe, the quantities were prepared in advance for him, he just mixed them up and chose the toppings. So I think they made sure it wouldn't be deadly. I mean, they couldn't afford to kill the living national treasure, right?

That would've been the most heinous crime ever. Not to mention doing it with chocolate would be just... wrong.

43 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I have to confess I've never made hot chocolate like this before... always used those instant things. But actually, I always added more sweetner to those, too... come to think of it, I think this was about as sweet at those...

But as for sweetness, I think Milka chocolate, for example, is sweeter. (Then again, I'm also one of those few people who aren't really crazy about chocolate lol)

Currently, I'm actually more intrigued by him saying he's always watched cooking shows, ever since he was a kid. Someone needs to get him on a cooking show! (He can't be worse than Yoshiki who had the most awkward throwing a slice of bread in a pan ever :P)

Watching and doing are different things. If he ever...well, I hope the building and people come out in one piece.

I found avideo of Yoshiki trying to peel a giant daikon, with the kanjani8 boys staring and.encouraging him in the background.:13877886: