General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I full support their decision and respect their right to privacy. :biggrin: Every other day I'm tempted to do the same. I will probably erase my existence if that nosy photographer shows my face in the NYT. 

I agree with you totally, I didn't mean they need to reveal their identity publicly, maybe to an administrator?  But I hope it is not something bad that happened on this planet to cause them to hide their posts suddenly.

6 minutes ago, wombat-poodle said:

The rest of us just have to post more to get to 1994 :) It's perfectly okay~

Yes, I will do my best to contribute! 

2 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

I agree with you totally, I didn't mean they need to expose their identity publicly, maybe to an administrator?  But I hope it is not something bad that happened on this planet to cause them to hide their posts suddenly.

My theory is they got a job at TCC and have to cover their tracks.

32 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yeah, sorry, I'm not sure anyone ever bought that image. :P

ETA Sorrysorrysorry plz don't ban me we all just love when you post your heart out. 

Hahaha you know, at one point i did care about not being seen as a mindless Fanyu who only follows the sport when he's present because he is so so pretty. But it's very tiring to hold back a lot of stuff and constantly prove that you do like FS not just because Yuzuru is handsome. Or that i don't like him only for his looks.

Being an admin made me feel "forced" to prove that i am a skating fan and then a Yuzu fan, but my relationship with the sport is very complicated.

I have accepted long ago that the way i enjoy his skating is different to other people, and that there is nothing wrong with that, nor is disrespectful to him as an athlete, because believe it or not i do pay attention to the technical stuff, i get angry about the judging, i am not a complete ignorant about the rules and i can at least identify the jumps.

But i bet no one will ever believe me that i'm not in this only for the fluff :rofl: don't blame you and i stopped caring.

It sounds weird but my motivation is literally to help provide a space for all the fans, because i remember how weird it was to find out that there wasn't a safe place dedicated to him on the internet, and this might be hard to believe too but in every online community i've been in, i'm always a lurker.

I wanted to help make this place somewhere where people feel safe enough to eventually come out of lurkdom :10742289:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

Hahaha you know, at one point i did care about not being seen as a mindless Fanyu who only follows the sport when he's present because he is so so pretty. But it's very tiring to hold back a lot of stuff and constantly prove that you do like FS not just because Yuzuru is handsome. Or that i don't like him only for his looks.

Being an admin made me feel "forced" to prove that i am a skating fan and then a Yuzu fan, but my relationship with the sport is very complicated.

I have accepted long ago that the way i enjoy his skating is different to other people, and that there is nothing wrong with that, nor is disrespectful to him as an athlete, because believe it or not i do pay attention to the technical stuff, i get angry about the judging, i am not a complete ignorant about the rules and i can at least identify the jumps.

But i bet no one will ever believe me that i'm not in this only for the fluff :rofl: don't blame you and i stopped caring.

It sounds weird but my motivation is literally to help provide a space for all the fans, because i remember how weird it was to find out that there wasn't a safe place dedicated to him on the internet, and this might be hard to believe too but in every online community i've been in, i'm always a lurker.

I wanted to help make this place somewhere where people feel safe enough to eventually come out of lurkdom :10742289:

You've been more than successful in providing that space - really a stellar effort. I can't believe something like this didn't exist before! That being said, I deeply, deeply regret ever finding this place, LOOK AT MY GODDAMN POST COUNT! It's all your fault. Go and sit in the corner with Anne the bug lady!

I don't think anyone would bother following his career just for his looks, (perhaps I'm underestimating the shallowness of humankind.) So long as appreciation of his genius precedes that of his beauty (not that I believe you can separate the two completely; he's a beautiful, beautiful skater) then where is the problem? Even my senior citizen father finds him super cute so we're pretty much all doomed. :P 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

You've been more than successful in providing that space - really a stellar effort. I can't believe something like this didn't exist before! That being said, I deeply, deeply regret ever finding this place, LOOK AT MY GODDAMN POST COUNT! It's all your fault. Go and sit in the corner with Anne the bug lady!

I don't think anyone would bother following his career just for his looks, (perhaps I'm underestimating the shallowness of humankind.) So long as appreciation of his genius precedes that of his beauty (not that I believe you can separate the two completely; he's a beautiful, beautiful skater) then where is the problem? Even my senior citizen father finds him super cute so we're pretty much all doomed. :P 

In my case something that i always hated about other forums was the way the admin+mod team was seen. Having them reply to you spawned posts like "OMG XXXX REPLIED TO ME!". Or they only showed up when someone or something was fucked up and they needed to remind people that the community was being watched. I didn't like that kind of hierarchy (and that happened among the users too) so now i abuse my admin powers to make people see that we are here to help, and that tumblr_mzsn1kDZD21tq4of6o1_250.gif.

As for liking him only for his looks, i've found some people who do, and i don't think there's anything wrong with that either. But in my case if you ask me exactly why i follow him, or want to make me explain why i appreciate him so much you will get this from me:

bsod-windows-8-0x5c-hal-initialization-f

There are many reasons and to be perfectly honest, the fact that i do like him physically too isn't in the top ten for me.