General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, kaerb said:

LOL dying at the shot of the Korean/Yuzu fans in the audience all armed basically like the press corps. Also his accent when he says 'soondubu' is so cute~

Apparently Korean and Japanese grammatical structures are very similar so it's very easy to learn one by learning the other (that being said, I struggled at first to make heads or tails of Korean). Chinese is....er...a different beast LOL. Tonal pronunciation is tricky hahaha. I want to hear him speak Russian...he probably will at CoR : D

Yeah grammatically Korean and Japanese is really similar (though i don't know if Japanese is as...hm...rigid with various levels of formality depending on situation/who you are talking to/who you are talking about/age-based social hierarchy) because they are both SOV and there some vocab that might overlap (but I think there's more with Chinese) but pronunciation can be a bit.... Japanese diction is quite different and Yuzu seemed to struggle with the nasal sounds...

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I hope you are/become very high up in whatever field you're in! Don't waste a brain like that! 

Hahaha... I'm not much of a leader-type person so it's my personal choice not to move up in my field.

It's not just Yuzu-facts... general facts that interests me as well I tend to retain.

But if it's something I'm not interested in, my brain sort of just forgets.. LOL..

Just now, kaeryth said:

Hahaha... I'm not much of a leader-type person so it's my personal choice not to move up in my field.

It's not just Yuzu-facts... general facts that interests me as well I tend to retain.

But if it's something I'm not interested in, my brain sort of just forgets.. LOL..

At least manipulate from the shadows, then! Or be a quizmaster or something! Money is interesting enough to hold your attention, right? 

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

>_> Why he not say in English yet? 

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

has yuzu ever used the word "love"

actually he said he loved china...in english....here :P

eta: lol the interviewer. "do you like china?" "do you like shanghai?" "do you like shanghai people?" "do you like china again?" what is he supposed to say? "i hate china"? lmao

AHEMMMM

i love you too bb

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

... and Spanish.

I see this is "Let's kill Hydro" day:sadPooh:

ETA: I forgot this is the video where i can hear how it would sound if he said my name...

Just now, CupidsBow said:

Yeah grammatically Korean and Japanese is really similar (though i don't know if Japanese is as...hm...rigid with various levels of formality depending on situation/who you are talking to/who you are talking about/age-based social hierarchy) because they are both SOV and there some vocab that might overlap (but I think there's more with Chinese) but pronunciation can be a bit.... Japanese diction is quite different and Yuzu seemed to struggle with the nasal sounds...

Japanese has keigo which is formal Japanese for business situations, 'regular' Japanese (ます endings) and sort of has the equivalent of banmal but I'm not sure if there's a name for it (we learnt it as 'plain form' - る endings, for example). So yeah, very similar. The pronunciation (abundance of vowels, rolled 'r's and words kind of bleeding 'into' each other) in Korean is probably difficult to transfer over and vice versa (hence...Yujuru :laughing:). I struggle a lot with getting Korean pronunciation right in a sentence because, to me, it's a very 'open mouthed' language and I find it slightly awkward haha.