General Yuzuru Chat

21 minutes ago, Xen said:

What makes you think Jeff doesn't already have one? He has to choreograph to pop all the time for the shows. We just need to give him an opportunity to unleash the Kpop choreography, like hold a FaOI in Seoul or something, so he can rope in the boys to dance to kpop. 

Now for "Gee"- Yuzu, Oda, Nam, Javi, Jason, Ellijah, Guilliame, Jeff, Stephane, Johnny, Misha would work, right?

I'll be happy if that happens. 

I remember one ice show, where they did The club can't even handle me and it was awesome. 

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Forget competition then, that means he's done it like that in costume for galas?

*off to waste lots of time, but it's not really wasted*

Get The NHK Trophy ex aka the Swan for 2016. That was the only time he pulled it off immaculately. 

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Forget competition then, that means he's done it like that in costume for galas?

*off to waste lots of time, but it's not really wasted*

He basically fudged it in EVERY exhibition the last season. NHK was the closest but I don’t think he really did the twizzle into the axel there. It’s such a shame, it’s so gorgeous. 

As for post-Olympic programs, I am betting on a jazz SP. Yuzu has been saying he wants to try skating to jazz, and I think Jeff could create something really interesting for him. 

21 minutes ago, Fay said:

Get The NHK Trophy ex aka the Swan for 2016. That was the only time he pulled it off immaculately. 

Ah, I was far too blinded dazzled by that delayed single to even notice that twizzle before the triple during that. Now I see it, but the practice was better. *sighs*

9 minutes ago, Fay said:

Now whatever the hell happened to NHK trophy ex on YouTube? 

It's right there?

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Ah, I was far too blinded by that delayed single to even notice that twizzle before the triple during that. Now I see it, but the practice was better. *sighs*

Well, he's also human. Things are easier to do when you don't have complex choreography before it. And a grueling competition just a day prior...

but yeah, I'd love to see that sandwich axel again - as well as the Ina Bauer straight into an axel too. 

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

Well, he's also human. Things are easier to do when you don't have complex choreography before it. And a grueling competition just a day prior...

but yeah, I'd love to see that sandwich axel again - as well as the Ina Bauer straight into an axel too. 

He could do that in practice in costume and I'd be almost just as happy, really... Not that I don't appreciate UA but I really want to see sparkly spin-spin-whooshspinspinspin-spin-spin.

I finally caught up with the thread!!! I miss this planet so much (had a very busy week)!

I've quoted more than 50 posts while catching up, so I have to forgo most of the quotes. This thread is moving so fast!

On 9/30/2017 at 12:54 AM, meoima said:

Mostly he will get a lady who can cook for him like his mum... I guess 

Yes, shippers will be disappointed because this is the most reasonable prediction. Whoever he chooses must be really mentally strong too cos who knows how some of his fans will react. That said, although Yuzu has shown wisdom beyond his age, he also is such a little boy that I can't imagine him leading an adult life, away from mama Hanyu. =P

On 9/30/2017 at 1:38 AM, Hydroblade said:

Hey, he has a technique for tamagokakegohan! He's not completely useless when it comes to preparing food :rofl:

Still pretty useless because he just needs to know how to scoop up rice and crack an egg. No cooking involved since the heat from the rice 'cooks' the egg. :rofl:

On 9/30/2017 at 6:02 AM, CupidsBow said:

I'm also a bit :| about Shoma cuz I'm worried the pressure/attention might get to him but he also keeps saying he's not that bothered about Olympics and is treating it as just another competition. He might be okay though because he's not really going to get jet lag (Korea is the same time zone as Japan). But...early starts. The early starts might mess up a lot of people tbh.

On 9/30/2017 at 8:41 AM, WinForPooh said:

Tbh I kind of feel bad for Shoma. The kid really seems to live for skating, and he really looks up to Yuzu, but he's also dedicated and single-minded enough that his goal is to surpass the one he looks up to. It really looks like he judges himself pretty harshly. He must feel very annoyed when performances he knows are not as good as his best are lauded as better than they are. He really seems to hold himself to higher standards than that. That kind of person usually doesn't take flattery very well. Like... Well, Yuzu himself, really. He knows when he's not done well enough according to his standards, and he corrects any suggestion that he performed better than he thinks he did. Except Shoma isn't exactly outspoken, so the fan wars rage around the poor boy...

Yea, of all the young skaters, Shoma has the fiercest desire to surpass Yuzu. On one hand, I think Yuzu can shield him from some pressure; on the other hand, it must be hard to be always in Yuzu's shadow. =(

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

I demand a Koi dance

I want a Koi dance ex too!

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

He could do that in practice in costume and I'd be almost just as happy, really... Not that I don't appreciate UA but I really want to see sparkly spin-spin-whooshspinspinspin-spin-spin.

Look for Skate Canada gala practice then? He was wearing the costume then, not sure he pulled it off, though. I think he did, though. 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Keep at it and you'll be an expert by the time he lands his firsty forwardsy-knee-springy-spinspinspinspin-and-a-halfy.

Boy, that's a mouthful. They really need to come up with pithier names for all the jumpy-spinnies. Maybe that's something ISU is competent enough to handle.