General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

:LOL:

@vegavnc No worries. Most of us here try to refrain from saying much about Yuzu's personal life - Lord knows he gives us enough to talk about just with his skating - but also, sometimes translations can be a bit off, and give a wrong impression. 

There's also people here from all over the world, with a huge variety of cultural differences, so what might seem like a good idea to one person will seem like utter nonsense to someone else. Something to keep in mind.

One thing's pretty certain though - if and when Yuzu decides it's time to get married, he surely won't have any troubles finding a willing partner. 

Don't worry, am not so easily shaken. Just surprised by the reactions

Will post rest of the reply on pvt message to you

Still in the process of studying & trying out various features of this interesting website🤓

17 hours ago, umeko said:

I went to the ice show on Saturday. :heartpound:

I was talking to the lady sitting next to me until the ice show started.

She became a fan of Yuzu at the Pyeongchang Olympics.

I had never seen his competition in the arena.

So when I saw him practice for 6 minutes and SEIMEI, I was so happy.

He was like a rock star.

Yuzu shines like a star when he skates with other skaters.

But when he skates alone, he shines like the sun. :SunFace:

The projection mapping was beautiful.

I was glad I was sitting on the third floor.

I enjoyed his skating excellence.

Yuzu's solo ice show is as uplifting as a rock concert.  :rock:

There is also a sense of unity among the audience.

That's why I want to go again and again.

I applied for the ticket lottery for the Hachinohe show. :loveshower:

I hope Yuzu is healthy and happy. :YuzuPoohLove:

16 hours ago, JanMary said:

Anyway.

I am back from Japan last Sunday. I (proudly) joined Prologue in Yokohama in person on the first day and live viewing on Saturday, despite all uncertainties and difficulties. 

When he started the 6min warm-up and water drinking and pooh-san squeezing in SEIMEI costume, I couldn't believe my eyes and my brain was slow to respond. And it's a clean SEIMEI with 2 quads and 3 3As. Change is very energetic and he looks great in the black-red costume. He also mentioned his competition in Hong Kong before skating Spartacus (thank you HKSU for uploading the video), which makes me very proud (again). My hands are red and my arms are sore due to a huge amount of clapping. Live viewing is also a new experience for me. Watching his performance on a cinema screen with other fanyus is fun. 

JFanyus are very friendly. When I was taking photos of Prologue's big ads in Tokyo Station, a JFanyu came and said "it's difficult (to take photos because there are a lot of passengers passing by) isn't it?". When I was sitting on a bench next to the PIA Arena with my Prologue tote bag, another JFanyu approached and said "it's a beautiful bag isn't it?". I wish I could speak more Japanese, so I can properly respond, but my Japanese is so poor I could only smile and nod. I also see Yaguchi san outside the PIA arena. I wanted to thank him for his beautiful Yuzu photobooks, but I was afraid to trouble him so maybe next time. 

It's so nice to see Yuzu in person after almost 3 years. Like many other fanyus, I also joined the lottery in Hachinohe, hoping to win a ticket. Need to work very hard these days so that I can apply leaves to see Yuzu again in Dec, if I'm lucky enough to get a ticket.

Many thanks for sharing.:heartpound:

I keep my fingers crossed for the Hachinohe ticket lottery.:fingerscrossed:

2 hours ago, Anni said:

So 3:11 a.m. in my time zone.

Then I can look forward to it when I wake up.:heartpound:

02:11 GMT,

Tempted to stay up, but most likely will nod off. Too exciting. ( only 1 more week then 1 month membership and a different coloured star :7562096: )

Hope that someone will draw stick person summary like last time

7 hours ago, Pammi said:

I so wish Yuzuru had less anxiety about everything and could enjoy stuff to do with his skating and his success more...if I had a magic wand I'd wave it over him and make it so.

Understandable, but if he were less anxious he wouldn't get the same results. He's a perfectionist, his anxiety is always going to be there

6 hours ago, gapil27 said:

Anyway all the talks about marriage made me chuckle. In my mind Yuzu will absolutely pull a Yuzuru where he made a casual offhand remark in an interview like “Oh, I went paragliding on my honeymoon recently. It was nice.” And then leave it at that while the whole world crash and burns around him. 

100%

Personally, I think the first we'll know of Yuzu getting married is one day in the far distant future, someone will spot him at the boards of a novice FS competition, cheering on his 8 year old kids. He's just that private. 

Me realizing I still have more to learn about Yuzu after over 9 months of constantly finding out stuff.

I was wondering today if there's any specific reason why Yuzu didn't keep Hope&Legacy as his FS for the Olympics. I know about LGC never being perfect and him not risking it at the Olys as his SP.

Of course, PyC Seimei is iconic and amazing and possibly my favourite Yuzu-skate, but H&L, I think would've also made for an amazing Olys FS. Still very much Asian rooted and with a deeper meaning (imo) than Seimei.

26 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Understandable, but if he were less anxious he wouldn't get the same results. He's a perfectionist, his anxiety is always going to be there

I think he can be a perfectionist AND confident, at the moment he just seems anxious to me .... 

10 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

Me realizing I still have more to learn about Yuzu after over 9 months of constantly finding out stuff.

I was wondering today if there's any specific reason why Yuzu didn't keep Hope&Legacy as his FS for the Olympics. I know about LGC never being perfect and him not risking it at the Olys as his SP.

Of course, PyC Seimei is iconic and amazing and possibly my favourite Yuzu-skate, but H&L, I think would've also made for an amazing Olys FS. Still very much Asian rooted and with a deeper meaning (imo) than Seimei.

Maybe 2 piano pieces put him off H&S with Chopin, plus he adores SEIMEI and had always planned it for PC I think? But you are right, H&L is gorgeous - I think he had a harder time with the judges about it compared to SEIMEI too so that might have influenced him as well.