General Yuzuru Chat

16 hours ago, Melodie said:

I don't think it is possible since it is an edge jump. You can't jump the toeloop and edge jumps (Axel, Loop and Salchow) without PR. With that said, Yuzu's Axel does have the smallest amount of PR, regardless of rotations. Same goes for all his other jumps.

Anyway, I do think the PR he talked about is PR to 90 degree at least, judging from his demonstration. Do consider what is lost in translation. 

@Skrimblo_iced

This thread with video explanation is very clear to explain the difference in technique for an axel jump

And this other one that shows the technique and marks left on the ice. This is what Yuzu was explaining about his particular technique avoiding pre-rotation:

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4793055493161023/4793056564349083

Yuzu performed white legend as his Short Programme for 2010/11 season. Only 15 years old and this was his debut senior season. His artistic interpretation and beautiful 3A are already surpassing some of senior men of that past and this current time. Yuzu beats his SB score for the Short from NHK and goes on to beat the SB score from Rostelecom when he competes at JNats later in the year, when Yuzu has just turned 16

The video posted here makes for an interesting comparison to the White Legend performance for 24hr TV eleven years later. 

I never tire of saying Yuzu is a phenomenal athlete

The admissions (reservation) for the Exhibition last stop, which is in Sendai, started today at 7pm JST!

Part of the sales from the merch will be directed to support those affected by natural disasters!

[NEWS]

24 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

The admissions (reservation) for the Exhibition last stop, which is in Sendai, started today at 7pm JST!

Part of the sales from the merch will be directed to support those affected by natural disasters!

[NEWS]

I'm so envious of the people who have been able to see this inspirational Yuzu exhibition and also those able to purchase the lovely merchandise.

It's good to hear that a portion of the profits from the sales will be directed towards the recovery efforts as well.

11 hours ago, shina07 said:

I’m excited for 24H TV. Is it confirmed he’ll be doing this or will plans change now after his announcement? I may have missed something. 

I don’t wish for Yuzu to have any social media accounts but I hope he considers putting up his own website with official schedules and news. 

Same! I think that the best would be an official website :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

2 minutes ago, Anabel said:

Same! I think that the best would be an official website :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Hopefully, if Yuzu has a PR company they should organise and monitor a Yuzu communications page for publicity purposes. That way Yuzu will not have the issues associated with having his own social media account

I definitely don’t want him to have a social media account. He’s already being scrutinised for many things, has antis and extreme fans. He can just continue lurking on Twitter. 👀 

The people of Sendai must be having a blast with the exhibit and the Tanabata festival. Their region is known for it. So envious right now. 

I think there is no need for Yuzu to have social media. To be informed of their professional career, a website is enough and even from there they could sell merchandising and manage the sale of tickets to their shows. Many things can be done through a website without the implication of personal exposure that social media have.

4 minutes ago, Anabel said:

I think there is no need for Yuzu to have social media. To be informed of their professional career, a website is enough and even from there they could sell merchandising and manage the sale of tickets to their shows. Many things can be done through a website without the implication of personal exposure that social media have.

The website should employ people to manage the site and Yuzu can post things via the website. It would be a good means for fans to see news and updates, whilst maintaining a necessary distance between Yuzu and fans. It could still provide a suitable portal for communication like fan messages and questions and can be monitored suitably, to filter out anti posts

1 hour ago, Xiupia said:
2 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Yuzu performed a white legend as part of his short program for the 2010/11 season. Only 15 years old and this was his first senior season. His artistry and fine 3A already surpasses some of the senior men of this past and present times. Yuzu beats his SB score for NHK's Short and continues to beat Rostelecom's SB score when he competes in JNats later that year, when Yuzu has just turned 16.

The video posted here makes for an interesting comparison to White Legend's performance for 24-hour television eleven years later. 

I never tire of saying that Yuzu is a phenomenal athlete

:agree:with your writing and the word PHENOMENAL is perfect for what is Yuzu and I add EXCEPTIONAL  :softyuzu:and here are his "kisses" and again Yuzu under the background of "UNSTOPPABLE" by Sia  :heartpound: and at the end a little violin and there are some falls and the COC .... and he will always have my support because : he had it before as a competitor and will have it in his "after" as a pro :nod2:

:2thumbsup: these Tenchi fabrics for the Tanabata and delighted that all the money raised will go for the post 2011 

Did people here also speculated that FaOI B tour opening costuming was “recycled”? 

Well, apparently! 

LOL

The best costume FaOI pulled off (imo of course) is the amalgamation of the best of previous years~