General Yuzuru Chat

The certification vs ratification thing did confuse a lot of non figure skating audience. As far as I know, certify is not even a recognized term in figure skating, but many think it is and get lost in translation. 

I believe in Yuzu that this 4A<(q?fall) is his best attempt so far. I hope that I can watch Yuzu land a ratified 4A live one day!

:wink_star:

Kenji Kakimoto, the fastest caricature making artist, about Yuzu

🙏

"After completing the character of the 4A Kakimoto said: " His Aura just seemed as if the Human body were emitting a visible light that bounced off a brush. It was like you could immediately sense the fingertips, the toes and even tips of his hair were Alive. It was so Exciting and it's the first time I felt I had experienced a sense of speed of sound."

12082f36adc6f8396e6529913ee06154-315x450

Source:

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/sports/figure-skating

:clap:

[NEWS]

I don't know where to post this, so I'll do it here.

I'll go to the WC even knowing that Yuzu will not go. I know I'm not the only one to go. I've been thinking about it for a while... I don't know if there is some action planned from Planet Hanyu, like a banner or something. Tbh I have to say I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I want him to make the decision he has to make without pressure of any kind, thinking only of himself, without putting the wishes of his fans before his needs. But on the other hand, from my own experience, I know that when you have to make such an important decision, the support and understanding of those who love you is very helpful. It gives you the security you need to decide and the strength to stand firm with your decision. For this reason, and as I am very new here, I simply put myself at your disposal. Count me in for anything.

53 minutes ago, eren said:

The certification vs ratification thing did confuse a lot of non figure skating audience. As far as I know, certify is not even a recognized term in figure skating, but many think it is and get lost in translation. 

I believe in Yuzu that this 4A<(q?fall) is his best attempt so far. I hope that I can watch Yuzu land a ratified 4A live one day!

:wink_star:

Ratified or Certified, this is the first time the letters '4A' is printed on protocol. That's historical achievement for me. 

I'm also hoping that he will land a ratified 4A one day though he seems to sound as if he may give up based on his post comp interviews but I think that was him feeling really down. The fire may burn again after he heals his ankle :hachimaki:

3 hours ago, Anni said:

Yuzu was "spotted" at an Ice rink in China :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

[NEWS]

The “spotted” got me worried for a hot second, because I just came back from twitter and saw someone sharing a picture that it was clearly taken without his consent in Toronto 😬… there’s a portion of newer fanyus that refuse to respect him, and I’m not sure how to deal

with it, and they are mostly very young. Report the tweets? Talk with the person?

But speaking of his popularity in China, I wonder if ice shows will happen now (next year?) with him main guesting. I have no idea about ice skating’s standing with the chinese audience, if they happen regularly or at all, but I reckon this is a golden opportunity for their federation if they want to expand popular support. 

Guest Mary_kyo

The hand in hand agreement from everyone in FS community to rob him bluntly since 2018 amidst the absolute public silence from everyone, including his own coaches is mind-blowing. The silent agreement over painting him as “something from the past” while he has been just improving. No one expects much from USA/NA and RUS but it hurts when JSF was the frontliner in this fight too. I sometimes think he might not had gone for a risky 4A jump in Beijing if the scoring was fair. I can't imagine the lonely mental and emotional burden he has suffered in the past four years.

I'm a very new fanyu(beijing was the first competition I watched live). and I'm incredibly sad and frustrated(?) because of how things turned out. It's been 3 weeks but I feel like I have a hole in my chest because of how unfairly things turned out to be :[ I don't know how to get over this ahhhhh

13 hours ago, Geo1 said:

This is a short low-res video showing the sadness on Yuzu's face when he won his first Japanese National Championships. Instead of joy, he suffered from sadness.

GEO1, thank you for your answer and I passed your link on youtube and read a comment saying, that indeed, his sad and unsmiling face would come from the fact that Daisuke's fans are not accepted that he lost face to young Yuzu and I saw that he casts a furtive look at Daisuke and remains professional and polite in front of the camera and I think that Daisuke and Yuzu are friends and his senpai and after seeing that, I saw on the right this link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hzrRAfKrq8 : program / and of course I heard the crowd's OHHHHH hearing his FS score and I read his post FS interview (well I did a lot of freeze frame to decipher the English..... . ) and says he is honest and does not believe it / is frustrated with his quads and even says he is disappointing ( I translated " disappointing " ) and his 187 points are , for him , overvalued and is not satisfied and says he will practice hard at TCC and talks about Daisuke (you will understand better than me  :/ ) and I have Daisuke's FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0xAwtrzRKA  yes, the crowd l cheers loudly and I'm not here to judge anything.......  

Hace 1 hora, Xiupia said:

The “spotted” got me worried for a hot second, because I just came back from twitter and saw someone sharing a picture that it was clearly taken without his consent in Toronto 😬… there’s a portion of newer fanyus that refuse to respect him, and I’m not sure how to deal

with it, and they are mostly very young. Report the tweets? Talk with the person?

It’s complicated; there are people in Twitter who are trying to explain to these new fans that they should respect Yuzu’s privacy, but some of them seem to see him as an “idol”, and are saying things like “But why people shouldn’t share as much pictures of Yuzu as they like. After all, he’s so beautiful!”

They don’t seem to understand he’s an athlete, not a celebrity, and a very private person, too.

12 hours ago, yumeaki said:

And we have another article on the state of jumping in the skating world now? 

It needs more media and journalists to talk about it because they won't listen to fan opinions.

: iagree:  and also, to learn that pink is a color of hope and inspiring warm feelings and pink is calming and reassuring our emotional energies and alleviating feelings of anger / aggression / abandonment and neglect: photo of Yuzu with her pink :img_21: :mushroom7: :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxxtJ1qz4rgp:  gala

42 minutes ago, Mor2904 said:

It’s complicated; there are people in Twitter who are trying to explain to these new fans that they should respect Yuzu’s privacy, but some of them seem to see him as an “idol”, and are saying things like “But why people shouldn’t share as much pictures of Yuzu as they like. After all, he’s so beautiful!”

They don’t seem to understand he’s an athlete, not a celebrity, and a very private person, too.

i agree..sometime i found them quite annoying..

5 hours ago, Anabel said:

I don't know where to post this, so I'm doing it here.

I will go to the WC even knowing that Yuzu will not go. I know I'm not the only one going. I've been thinking about it for a while... I don't know if there's any planned action from Planet Hanyu, like a banner or something. Tbh, I have to say I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I want him to make the decision he has to make without pressure of any kind, thinking only of himself, without putting the wishes of his fans before his needs. But on the other hand, from my own experience, I know that when you have to make such an important decision, the support and understanding of those who love you are very useful.It gives you the security you need to decide and the strength to stand firm in your decision. For this reason, and as I am brand new here, I am simply putting myself at your disposal. Count on me for everything.

Yes, indeed Barcelona is not very far from Montpellier and show yourself as a fanyu (even if Yuzu is not present) with one : YuzuPoohLove:  like I saw in the crowd of Chinese fanyu