General Yuzuru Chat

17 hours ago, Luminous said:

After euphoria of hearing that Yuzu will stay with us for a couple of seasons I feel so sad about Roncapu and Tenchi. Roncapu is an ideal short program. The hardest one. Has a lot of moments from Yuzu’s previous programs. Like a tribute to himself. Tenchi is about a warrior who doesn’t want to fight anymore. Deep and sad. 4A suits it very well. Two perfect programs to end his career. But Yuzu has no time to prepare for Worlds and doubtly bring two clean programs and land 4А in a month. Roncapu may stay for the next season. But Tenchi? Will he bring it back for his last skate as a sign that he is ready to leave?

It's true that TenChi is a program where he's reflecting on the first half of his life. But that doesn't necessarily mean a goodbye. It only means that it's time to look back, learn from your past experiences and utilize them for the next chapter of your career/life.

If got him right yesterday, he's not really done with skating yet. He doesn't even rule out another Olympics and thinks about creating new programs. I think, this is a very good sign. Nothing, not even the insane amount of injustice and misfortune that happened to him the last years, could break his unconditional love for skating.

I am aware that every career will come to an end once, but I don't think it will be now. His journey is not over yet.

5 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

It's true that TenChi is a program where he's reflecting on the first half of his life. But that doesn't necessarily mean a goodbye. It only means that it's time to look back, learn from your past experiences and utilize them for the next chapter of your career/life.

If got him right yesterday, he's not really done with skating yet. He doesn't even rule out another Olympics and thinks about creating new programs. I think, this is a very good sign. Nothing, not even the insane amount of injustice and misfortune that happened to him the last years, could break his unconditional love for skating.

I am aware that every career will come to an end once, but I don't think it will be now. His journey is not over yet.

I almost want him to restart the next 4 years without NC, and have NC focus on med school or something, so we can have fairer scoring in men's again

4 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

My countryman Valtter Virtanen is 34, still improving and even learning new (quad) jumps!

7 minutes ago, Harutolama said:

I almost want him to restart the next 4 years without NC, and have NC focus on med school or something, so we can have fairer scoring in men's again

Unfortunately, NC is hardly the sole reason for biased scoring. Anyone* can be a new favourite.

*Where ‘anyone’ excludes someone by default. 

8 минут назад, Henni147 сказал:

He is definitely not going to leave. My mum always says “What will he do after retirement? He will run to the skating rink the next day” 

1 hour ago, Sora said:

I don't think they do, I saw or read somewhere that they had to get rid of it because they couldn't get the blood out of it. :( I think you can't really wash FS costumes. 

The costumes can be washed : but what's your hand and very delicately and I've just read you a little (I'm still down  >:() and, therefore, Yuzu continues his practice, he has skating in his blood since HENNI writes that he thinks of the 2026 Olympics and nothing breaks him  :peace2:and it is his passion and for NC, I would say OK and more justice in scoring .......  

On 2/14/2022 at 4:15 AM, yumeaki said:

At the chat box, Olympics put up a vote ""Would you like to see Hanyu at Milano Cortina 2026?" with the option "Yes" and "Absolutely yes"

I am just going to ignore them and not give them a click.  Of course, they know...the WHOLE world knows Yuzu is the most popular figureskating star in the history of the sport.  They are just using Yuzu for gain while disrespecting the work, performance and art that he puts out on ice.

10 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I am just going to ignore them and not give them a click.  Of course, they know...the WHOLE world knows Yuzu is the most popular figureskating star in the history of the sport.  They are just using Yuzu for gain while disrespecting the work, performance and art that he puts out on ice.

That poll pissed me off. I didnt bother answering it. I dont care what he does as long as it is what HE wants to do. They can f**k right off with click bait and using his name for clout and popularity.

I know this is terrible, but imma say it. I am looking forward to the day he retires. Because im not sure my blood pressure can take much more of this asinine behavior. I stay for Yuzuru and him alone at this point.  

Just now, Kat said:

That poll pissed me off. I didnt bother answering it. I dont care what he does as long as it is what HE wants to do. They can f**k right off with click bait and using his name for clout and popularity.

I know this is terrible, but imma say it. I am looking forward to the day he retires. Because im not sure my blood pressure can take much more of this asinine behavior. I stay for Yuzuru and him alone at this point.  

Personally I'm happy to see him compete for as long as he wants to, I hope he won't care too much about the scores and the rest from now on

Guest Mary_kyo

Now that you watched women's SP, is there anyone else here thinking that Yuzu had any chance against Nathan? I'm glad he followed his own dream and at least can be proud he got so close to landing something many people called impossible. I secretly really want him to continue and land 4A. So I hope he doesn't mess up that ankle any further by jumping quads now and let it rest properly to land 4A in good health.

Also Yuma is aiming for 4Lz, so laughable. The kid can't even jump a correct 3Lz but thanks to judging BS, he doesn't care about fixing it, but aiming for 4Lz. Shoma's UR are also never called and now PCS is just some useless shit that is used for manipulation. Yuzu please land your 4A and leave, I can't tolerate this anymore. 

23 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Now that you watched women's SP, is there anyone else here thinking that Yuzu had any chance against Nathan? I'm glad he followed his own dream and at least can be proud he got so close to landing something many people called impossible. I secretly really want him to continue and land 4A. So I hope he doesn't mess up that ankle any further by jumping quads now and let it rest properly to land 4A in good health.

Also Yuma is aiming for 4Lz, so laughable. The kid can't even jump a correct 3Lz but thanks to judging BS, he doesn't care about fixing it, but aiming for 4Lz. Shoma's UR are also never called and now PCS is just some useless shit that is used for manipulation. Yuzu please land your 4A and leave, I can't tolerate this anymore. 

No he didn't (unless Nathan flopped), the point is, Yuzu's love for skating seems to be much bigger than any heartbreak he may get again. So let him do what he wants, as we see he can't even sit still for more than 3 days :rolleyes: I'm prepared for whatever next. I hope he DOESN'T take into consideration anything anyone says/wants, including us desperate fans.

6 minutes ago, airi said:

No he didn't (unless Nathan flopped), the point is, Yuzu's love for skating seems to be much bigger than any heartbreak he may get again. So let him do what he wants, as we see he can't even sit still for more than 3 days :rolleyes: I'm prepared for whatever next. I hope he DOESN'T take into consideration anything anyone says/wants, including us desperate fans.

I agree. He lives for it and I hope he doesn’t allow the more faint hearted among us to spoil his enjoyment of it, even the meagre enjoyment he always manages to extract from the worst competitions.

25 minutes ago, YuDai said:

Personally I'm happy to see him compete for as long as he wants to, I hope he won't care too much about the scores and the rest from now on

Of course if he is happy that is most important...i'll just ask my Dr for some good meds lol