General Yuzuru Chat

from interview with Yumiko Suzuki (LOTTE)

- As for Hanyu, you must have had many episodes behind the scenes of the commercial production, haven't you?

Suzuki: That's right. The production team comes up with the concept and costumes, but Hanyu himself always checks them out. Our advertisements often capture Hanyu skating on a skating rink, and there are scenes where he jumps as if he were in a game, so we have to check his ease of movement and appearance, and sometimes we have to make changes right before shooting. During the filming, the staff would give the OK, but Hanyu himself would say, "No, I want a little more," and he would try again and again until he was satisfied. When we made figures of Hanyu in various poses as prizes for the campaign, he would pose on the spot, looking at the prototypes and saying, "I think that pose is better. For the video that aired in 2020, we started with the storyline and worked on it simply and carefully. Over the years we have worked together, Hanyu has talked to our production staff in a normal way and remembered our faces, and I have been touched by this. I think it's a miracle that we were able to have this kind of relationship, and I hope that it will continue in the future.

https://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/partners_interview/interview_04.php

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

satellites,

i have my twitter tl being upset over something related to Yuzuru when he was leaving the green room after free skate. but i can’t figure out what happened, and i don’t have it in me to go back to oly threads here. 

does anyone know what that’s all about?