General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, Antheia said:

may I ask if the source is accurate--is yuzu's score underscored so much :O  😭😭

Spoiler

The source claims they are a qualified Ukrainian FS judge. We have no way of verifying but the rescoring seems fair and makes sense as far as I understand.

Yuzu is underscored by a few points here because he already fell twice, and that had already capped his scores by a lot so not much underscoring to be done here.

The bigger crime is in the over scoring of the rest, especially NC (a 40-point score boost, massive) since his GOEs and PCS should not be what they are in the official protocol, not even close cuz his skating skills and spins are poor, stiff jumps (and a backaxel) and virtually no transitions.

21 hours ago, Melodie said:

You know what? I just remember that the world this year is in France. I'd rather he didn't go. Current injuries aside, I don't want him trying 4A on puddles. None of the comps I've seen have given me an ounce of confidence that the ice cream will look great. 

Yes, I know it only too well that in France the FDSG is not great!!!! We remember the shaking podium / the cardboard medals / no flags and the ice cream hummmm in Marseille and no banquet ..... But in my opinion, if Montpellier was chosen the federation will improve the famous "gaps" French 

25 minutes ago, Antheia said:

may I ask if the source is accurate--is yuzu's score underscored so much :O  😭😭

Spoiler

The source claims they are a qualified Ukrainian FS judge. We have no way of verifying but the rescoring seems fair and makes sense as far as I understand.

Yuzu is underscored by a few points here because he already fell twice, and that had already capped his scores by a lot so not much underscoring to be done here.

The bigger crime is in the over scoring of the rest, especially NC (a 40-point score boost, massive) since his GOEs and PCS should not be what they are in the official protocol, not even close cuz his skating skills and spins are poor, stiff jumps (and a backaxel) and virtually no transitions.

This has been a whirl wind. I went through yesterday in a fog, reeling from it all, but now I know for sure. When Yuzuru retires I am beyond done. Figure skating is a joke now, and as much as I like Shoma, Nathan, and Junhwan, I HATE Yuma. Hate him. With the same ire I hold for the judges, God as my witness I am done after Yuzuru. I can't bring myself to watch a sport consumed with arbitrary personal vendetta's. 

I"m glad his 4A was certified, but it feels like a consolation prize after the slap in the face of intentional underscoring to keep him off the podium. At least he sounded (to me, personally) like he had some of his pep back after learning the 4A was certified...but this was a nightmare.

However much we are reeling, it must be infinitely harder and worse for him. Spending 11 years at the top for so long and in one corrupt swoop knocking him down and casting him aside...he has been in the public eye for so long, and is now for this debacle...I wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

Just want to share my boss's words on Yuzu here.

My boss never had any interest in figure skating. He had never heard of Yuzu until I mentioned Yuzu to him two years ago, but he didn't show much interest at that time.

Today, he suddenly told me that he had watched Yuzu's free. He saw that Yuzu had really tried his best, and it was really touching. He said that he didn't know whether it would be Yuzu's last shot in his career, but he could feel that Yuzu had given out everything. He also said that Yuzu is very handsome LOL.

I am very moved by his words. It feels extra sincere when the words are from people outside the fandom. :crybaby:

9 hours ago, guor said:

Where can we find the 'From Russia with Love' video that he talked about in today's interview?

Question: In your last pose, you held your arms up for 6 seconds, how did you feel at that time?

Yuzuru: It was long (laughs).  Yes, this pose represented heaven on Heaven and Earth (Dix à Chi to), I imagine in my mind as if I was sending my soul to heaven.  This pose is identical to the one in the TV series "From Russia with Love" that I skied when I was 9 years old.  So, in a way, I projected my present self onto my past self, which is hard to explain succinctly, but a lot of emotions were swirling.  Hmm, hard to say.  I think the story of my program continues until then;  until I raise my arms, sheath my sword and leave the track.

Here, I allow myself to react, this person did not write in English and I got "scolded" when I wrote in French : I just wanted to point it out.....