from grace
for in our hearts 
for every fall
he shall
forever 
stand tall

4U YUZURU HANYU THE GOAT
From your brazilian Yuzurettes and green+yellow Fanyu's

Yuzu’s skating is transcendent and cannot be judged by mere mortals. Whatever scores he gets are just a formality - I’m past caring about those. No matter how low his POC is, videos of his performances will remain for millions to admire in decades to come.

And I hope I will live to see the day an AI rescore all the competitions based on the videos we have.

3 часа назад, gapil27 сказал:

Хорошо, я просто должен спросить, почему федерации так не любят Юдзу?

Я имею в виду, что для ISU он очень прибыльный спортсмен, он привел людей в спорт, он легко заполняет любое место. Как сказано в статье WSJ: у Юзу такая мальчишеская внешность, талант и самоотверженность. Такое сочетание встречается редко. И давайте смотреть правде в глаза, это лицо нравится людям всех возрастов и полов. Разве они не должны этим воспользоваться? Продвигать к черту этот умирающий вид спорта, обеспечивать ему королевское обращение, которого он заслуживает, оказывать ему всю поддержку (и конфеты)? Они говорят, что выше такой тактики, чтобы заставить людей ценить спорт?

Для JSF он привлекателен во всем мире, у него есть поклонники со всего мира, и это чертовски большое преимущество для Японии. Люди приезжали, чтобы увидеть его выступление. Он так много может сделать для спорта, а также для Японии, не говоря уже о индустрии Пуха. Все, что он сказал/упомянул/поддержал, имеет вес. Почему они обращаются с ним как с мразью? 

ЭТА: или его уже просили все это сделать, а он отказался, отсюда и лечение? 

The way Yuzuru is being treated by its own federation has amazed me over the entire period of the last 4 years. Beijing hasn’t shown anything new. The judge’s marks from Japan touched me more than the marks of other judges. The Japanese federation is clearly betting on a new favorite, Kagiyama. think about an equivalent replacement??? As a fan, I will never fly to watch YK in another country. There is no magic in his skating for me.

1 hour ago, Vitavita said:

Same, I think he still has so much, so so much to deliver. It lays in his every move, in every element, in the flow of the program, not just in high scored jumps. I wish that he could recover physically and mentally very soon (he must be in a devastating state now :(( how could he not. even we are) and treat this Olympic as a part of his journey, face it, embrace it and transform it to his strength and move forward. 

(My mind is also like a mess right now, LMAO)

I think his mind was both in and out of the Olympics meaning he did become more serious about it, but knew deep down he couldn't win against the politics of it all. I feel when NC retires ISU will just jump onto the next new quad jumper and there won't be a chance for Yuzu to seriously go for the next Olympics. I'm guessing 2 seasons left at the most most. Although he might do WTT Japan Open or 4CC or Olympics team event that sort of thing. 

4 hours ago, rayaonfire said:

And I guess the best way to heal from Yuzu is with Yuzu.

Oh all your words, but especially this sentence! people please stop making me cry! Actually don't! Keep going!

3 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

This is what I want to see from other skaters. Respect, nothing else.

2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

His ankle was captured and it was so swollen. I put it in spoiler.

How could he even walk with that, yet alone skate.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, maybe my hopeful thinks about that ankle isn't right after seeing this.

BTW, today someone asked me the date... I said February 8th...:1:Time just stopped for me...

And welcome to everyone new and to everyone who got the courage to come out of the shadow like me a few days before...

BTW, we, well you, were right. 4A  is the new narrative going around. I'm not saying there aren't journals with articles about others, not that I know since i don't follow anything, but he changed the narrative. Even when he doesn't medal (because of a hole in the ice - and all the underscoring stuff - ) he's still the talk of the world. Even countries where the temperature doesn't go below 20°C...

"Uneasy is the head that wears the crown." As I've slowly come to grips with the earthquake that was the last few days, that line from Shakespeare has lodged itself more and more firmly in the forefront of my mind. (Sorry, I know "earthquake" is an unfortunate metaphor, but it's the one that fits best.)

Unnerving but wonderful, I woke up yesterday after the FS feeling miraculously liberated. I hope that, given more time, Yuzu will feel the same. Having something to defend, something of great value, purchased at great price, is an oppressive and exhausting way to live. Being the "defending" Olympic champion is a burden as much as an honor. Over the past four years, especially, I think that burden weighed mightily on Yuzu's heart and mind. 

Now he is free . He can, I hope, relax a bit and rediscover some of the joy of skating, without feeling that he owes anything to the authorities who have treated him so shabbily. Let Yuma carry the weight of obligation and expectation. Let the ISU crumble under the weight of its own shortsightedness and arrogance. He owes them nothing. He can wash his hands of the whole corrupt circus and laugh in private at its ruin. 

Yuzu will land the 4A and compete for as long as he chooses, but without the pressure of "defending his crown" troubling his dreams. When he stops competing he will still be be famous, rich and adored. Nathan will be a footnote. The corrupt regime will eventually fall, and if he chooses, Yuzu may have an opportunity to reform the sport he loves. But that's for another time. For now, he is finally free to skate for himself and his fans only, and that's a blessing for all of us.

:peek: