General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Pasta said:

Hi fellow fanyus, i finally decided to make an account on this forum after almost 2 years of lurking around. I discovered yuzu when he is already a 2 time olympic champion and a GOAT. Gosh how lucky i was back then coz i don't have to face all the pre pyeonchang madness. But now is a different story, this is my first live olympic with him. and i  really don't know how to handle this overwhelming anxiety.( As if i'm the one competing..haha)  so dear veteran fanyu, some tips please. I don't know how everything will turn out but please please please let him have 2 flawless and clean skates for both SP and FP and of course a ratified 4A . Let this olympic be one of his best. As a fan, no matter what happen in the next 4 days, i will keep on supporting and praying for him.  Sorry for the rambling.  Sorry if my english is not that good because it is not my first language. 

Welcome to the community! It is a similar experience for me ie. first time following Yuzu on his quest for an Olympic gold (third one, no less). Actually, am ever thankful I’ve this privilege to do so, considering this is out of his plans. What makes this journey extra special and ultra-exciting is him bringing in the 4A, pushing the technical boundaries beyond imagination.

Hence, cherish this unique experience by staying calm, channelling as much positive image and energy to him. I wish him success in achieving all his dreams. 

6 hours ago, Pasta said:

Hi fellow fanyus, i finally decided to make an account on this forum after almost 2 years of lurking around. I discovered yuzu when he is already a 2 time olympic champion and a GOAT. Gosh how lucky i was back then coz i don't have to face all the pre pyeonchang madness. But now is a different story, this is my first live olympic with him. and i  really don't know how to handle this overwhelming anxiety.( As if i'm the one competing..haha)  so dear veteran fanyu, some tips please. I don't know how everything will turn out but please please please let him have 2 flawless and clean skates for both SP and FP and of course a ratified 4A . Let this olympic be one of his best. As a fan, no matter what happen in the next 4 days, i will keep on supporting and praying for him.  Sorry for the rambling.  Sorry if my english is not that good because it is not my first language. 

Welcome!! And I have no tips to offer, with Yuzu it's always a rollercoaster ride.

My  husband has been enduring me ranting about pairs since the team SP - he’s very patient but then I have endured many years of sulks, tears, jubilation and constructing our social lives round the Teams fixture list, so I reckon I am owed some comeback.  Also he’s fallen under Sui Wenjings spell so ….

1 hour ago, kay said:

my friends are being very understanding right now. bestie just listened to 30 min monologue about me worrying about judging and the temperature at the rink 

I was watching team women's SP yesterday and my family got so sick of me dissecting every skate and its scores 😂

30 minutes ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

I was watching team women's SP yesterday and my family got so sick of me dissecting every skate and its scores 😂

i have made a separate dedicated channel in the discord i manage. i suspect majority have muted it already - :8:

14 hours ago, Pasta said:

Welcome Pasta!  But as a member who has been lurking myself for a long time before finally coming back here just to vent my anxiety for this Olympics, I honestly can't give you much advice.  

I guess we're all in this together? :lol:

I just hope he achieves everything he wants to achieve with this Olympics and I'll be cheering him on from the other side of the world.