General Yuzuru Chat

Hydroblade said:
I came here to leave you with a piece of history:

From page 4000 of the fanfest:

03-26-2017, 12:49 PM

Yatagarasu

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today at this glorious page 4000 to join this man Yuzuru Hanyu and this quad combo, 4S-3T, in holy matrimony of a clean skate.

:rofl2: :clap: I've always been quite far away from GS, so this one is new to me.

I wonder if this was the reason why the combo decided to give in and help Yuzuru to get a new WR, while 3A got jealous and freaked out. All jumps wants special attention, you know.

peppermint said:

I've known Yuzu and figure skating since 2014 but only last year I got into it and I'm still learning about many things about fs :biggrin:

Hello, peppermint! :wave:  Looks like we have more or less the same history of getting into this fun mess :).

Icy said:
Hydroblade said:
I came here to leave you with a piece of history:

From page 4000 of the fanfest:

03-26-2017, 12:49 PM

Yatagarasu

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today at this glorious page 4000 to join this man Yuzuru Hanyu and this quad combo, 4S-3T, in holy matrimony of a clean skate.

:rofl2: :clap: I've always been quite far away from GS, so this one is new to me.

I wonder if this was the reason why the combo decided to give in and help Yuzuru to get a new WR, while 3A got jealous and freaked out. All jumps wants special attention, you know.

I only hope that if 4Lz decide to join the party the other jumps don't feel neglected! :rofl2: 

Hi, I'm new here. Was number 1422 but after12 hours number of members is already 1500++... love yuzu and I discovered him during Sochi olympics. He basically revived my love to watch figure skating. Just discovered gs after worlds. I feel sad about what happened but glad there's a new home. I used to be a lurker there but I really really want to join the church..

Can someone pls guide me? Thanks!!

ralucutzagy said:

I only hope that if 4Lz decide to join the party the other jumps don't feel neglected! :rofl2: 

Me too :biggrin:It's not easy having relationships with a handfull of beloved jumps... :laughing:

ymy said:
Hi, I'm new here. Was number 1422 but after12 hours number of members is already 1500++... love yuzu and I discovered him during Sochi olympics. He basically revived my love to watch figure skating. Just discovered gs after worlds. I feel sad about what happened but glad there's a new home. I used to be a lurker there but I really really want to join the church..

The application for church membership is available under "user control panel > user group " :biggrin:

risus said:
the50person said:
FYI

I said I would post the second music analysis (the hope and legacy one) on tumblr, so here it is: http://the50-person.tumblr.com/post/160 ... yu-yuzurus On the Dashboard it is bolded, but on the blog it is colour-coded (if I'm not wrong).

I /might/ do SEIMEI or POTO depending on time and interest. (I will prolly do SEIMEI first cos' I like it more.)

What a gorgeous analysis! After I read through it the first time, I had to rewatch the program (not a chore by any means!) and follow along your words with the timestamps; it really enhanced my viewing and I feel like I can appreciate the structure more. Also, your conclusions with the nature imagery and parallels between the program with his own journey were phrased so nicely :smiley-love017:

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for your kind words! :) I'm glad it enhanced your enjoyment of Yuzu's H&L. That program needs more love! As I was doing the analysis, I was amazed at how artistically avant-garde it was in terms of narrative structure. The first half, I suspect, was probably what threw people off and made it "less appreciated", and second half was (as mentioned in the post) much more similar to a typical 'warhorse' with the drama, yet the program never deviated from its purpose of representing Yuzu's journey. It was about growth and taking flight and feeling hope, and then repeatedly seemingly losing hope but regaining it despite all odds, and then it was finally about his dominance and his legacy. Overall, it is a RISE, evident from the post. The overall big picture structure is still within the 6 traditional emotional arcs (see: https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.the ... le/490733/) , but because Yuzu chose to embellish the growth part very much, it is so rich in content that people can't see the forest for the trees (AHAH forest imagery) and get so hung up about 'how hard to grasp'/'how seemingly unstructured' the first part was.

Tbh, I think he is actually doing a very intimate act by sharing his life and journey and all the bitterness and joys accompanying it. It may sound presumptuous and prolly I am overthinking it and assuming something that doesn't exist, but wouldn't only fans be able to appreciate it fully since we know deeply about his history? That might also be another reason why judges only see the surface and do not have the contextual knowledge for true enjoyment.

Good grief I can't seem to shut up, can I? :bash:

Hi!everyone.So happy to be here.I has been a yuzuru fan since 2015 NHK. Before that,I just didn't even watch figure skating.But yuzuru is just so amazing that I can't stop myself watching again and again his performances.So grateful to join this wonderful "planet Hanyu"!Thank you all!

the50person said:

Thank you for your kind words! :) I'm glad it enhanced your enjoyment of Yuzu's H&L. That program needs more love! As I was doing the analysis, I was amazed at how artistically avant-garde it was in terms of narrative structure. The first half, I suspect, was probably what threw people off and made it "less appreciated", and second half was (as mentioned in the post) much more similar to a typical 'warhorse' with the drama, yet the program never deviated from its purpose of representing Yuzu's journey. It was about growth and taking flight and feeling hope, and then repeatedly seemingly losing hope but regaining it despite all odds, and then it was finally about his dominance and his legacy. Overall, it is a RISE, evident from the post. The overall big picture structure is still within the 6 traditional emotional arcs (see: https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.the ... le/490733/) , but because Yuzu chose to embellish the growth part very much, it is so rich in content that people can't see the forest for the trees (AHAH forest imagery) and get so hung up about 'how hard to grasp'/'how seemingly unstructured' the first part was.

Tbh, I think he is actually doing a very intimate act by sharing his life and journey and all the bitterness and joys accompanying it. It may sound presumptuous and prolly I am overthinking it and assuming something that doesn't exist, but wouldn't only fans be able to appreciate it fully since we know deeply about his history? That might also be another reason why judges only see the surface and do not have the contextual knowledge for true enjoyment.

Please continue i am greatly enjoying this :D and i agree, we can probably see more from that program because we know what's behind it.

PomeloPooh said:
ymy said:

The application for church membership is available under "user control panel > user group " :biggrin:

Thanks!!!

Hydroblade said:
the50person said:

Thank you for your kind words! :) I'm glad it enhanced your enjoyment of Yuzu's H&L. That program needs more love! As I was doing the analysis, I was amazed at how artistically avant-garde it was in terms of narrative structure. The first half, I suspect, was probably what threw people off and made it "less appreciated", and second half was (as mentioned in the post) much more similar to a typical 'warhorse' with the drama, yet the program never deviated from its purpose of representing Yuzu's journey. It was about growth and taking flight and feeling hope, and then repeatedly seemingly losing hope but regaining it despite all odds, and then it was finally about his dominance and his legacy. Overall, it is a RISE, evident from the post. The overall big picture structure is still within the 6 traditional emotional arcs (see: https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.the ... le/490733/) , but because Yuzu chose to embellish the growth part very much, it is so rich in content that people can't see the forest for the trees (AHAH forest imagery) and get so hung up about 'how hard to grasp'/'how seemingly unstructured' the first part was.

Please continue i am greatly enjoying this :D and i agree, we can probably see more from that program because we know what's behind it.

Hahahah xD The only thing I can add further right now would be that he still sees himself as still growing (also because he is humble and self-critical), and I wonder if it might also have influenced the program and cause a heavy focus on the growth part? But idk how much his input and influence was in relation to Shae's, though I know he has always been more involved in his FS. (he is one of the painters in FS, but he seems to also want to attempt to be the painted by Buttle for SP)

digressing

I also rmb some Chinese fans joking abt how he seems to do well in even seasons, so it's good season/bad season alternating each other, but seems like the pattern can be flushed cos no matter what he thinks, it has been a good season. Hey, he achieved so many things despite the late start!

the50person said:
risus said:
the50person said:
FYI

I said I would post the second music analysis (the hope and legacy one) on tumblr, so here it is: http://the50-person.tumblr.com/post/160 ... yu-yuzurus On the Dashboard it is bolded, but on the blog it is colour-coded (if I'm not wrong).

I /might/ do SEIMEI or POTO depending on time and interest. (I will prolly do SEIMEI first cos' I like it more.)

What a gorgeous analysis! After I read through it the first time, I had to rewatch the program (not a chore by any means!) and follow along your words with the timestamps; it really enhanced my viewing and I feel like I can appreciate the structure more. Also, your conclusions with the nature imagery and parallels between the program with his own journey were phrased so nicely :smiley-love017:

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for your kind words! :grin: I'm glad it enhanced your enjoyment of Yuzu's H&L. That program needs more love! As I was doing the analysis, I was amazed at how artistically avant-garde it was in terms of narrative structure. The first half, I suspect, was probably what threw people off and made it "less appreciated", and second half was (as mentioned in the post) much more similar to a typical 'warhorse' with the drama, yet the program never deviated from its purpose of representing Yuzu's journey. It was about growth and taking flight and feeling hope, and then repeatedly seemingly losing hope but regaining it despite all odds, and then it was finally about his dominance and his legacy. Overall, it is a RISE, evident from the post. The overall big picture structure is still within the 6 traditional emotional arcs (see: https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.the ... le/490733/) , but because Yuzu chose to embellish the growth part very much, it is so rich in content that people can't see the forest for the trees (AHAH forest imagery) and get so hung up about 'how hard to grasp'/'how seemingly unstructured' the first part was.

Please don't shut up!! I really like your perspective :yes:

I agree 100% with the intimacy of the program; it's clearly something that is more appreciable when you have emotional investment in the subject (like we all do!!). And the contextual knowledge definitely has affected the way the judges perceive it. Seimei was easier to appreciate because of the driving nature of the music, and despite it having its own fascinating context with the onmyōji, it wasn't necessary to know the entire background for it to appeal to the audience. HL is so very beautiful, but introspective which is why the full impact was experienced when he went clean.

Regarding your analysis, your allusions to the literary structure are fascinating, especially in relation to the rise and fall in the emotional arcs that you linked. I wonder if he would have chosen to do a program like HL (a redemption program, as you said 'losing hope but regaining it despite all odds') had Boston 2016 not happened? I personally think his situation after worlds was so unique ('a fall' of sorts) that had he won the FS, we would have seen something completely different this season.

Bmo said:
our shuu-paa-poi-space kitty having a chat with pooh-san :smiley-love017:20170503-00010002-storyfulp-018-1-view.jpg

Why does it look like he's telling Pooh off :laughing:

OmNom said:
gladi said:

Vote for Hope & Legacy on Ice Network's Best Men's FS poll :)

Yuzu's the only man appearing on both SP and FP's polls :clap: :bow:

He's also totally gonna win both :yes:

the50person said:

I also rmb some Chinese fans joking abt how he seems to do well in even seasons, so it's good season/bad season alternating each other, but seems like the pattern can be flushed cos no matter what he thinks, it has been a good season. Hey, he achieved so many things despite the late start!

As long as that doesn't mean next season will be the "bad" one.