General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Rocksjoe said:

I personally find these even more offensive

I... didn't want to throw a debate about what's offensive and what's not ?

I think we can agree that it depends on the people (a fact I honestly find amusing and quite interesting) and then move on ?

Since I'm always the type to interrupt any discussion by saying something stupid, here goes:

I find extremely amusing the fact that we (almost) all have Yuzuru avatars/icons, because when we're discussing among ourselves, in my mind there are all of these different Yuzurus fighting one against the other with the same serial killer face but in different clothes and different haircuts. Just think about that image. Let it sink in. 

9 minutes ago, Altie said:

It's funny how what is shocking and what is not depends on the culture and the people... I know I find some of the invisible convos far more "shocking" than jokes about genetically engineered super-skaters or about funny low-key shipping... but it seems that some posters here think the opposite :)

Anyway, yes, there's no news and it's a pity. But the real question is : when do we expect there will be some news ? How does it work usually with shows, are there rehearsals beforehand, reports, interviews ?

I feel like a plant everyday, cactus or something, pining for news like water XD XD *water me water me*

I've seen wideshow program segments, with rehearsals and interviews. So I do look forward to some :)

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Since I'm always the type to interrupt any discussion by saying something stupid, here goes:

I find extremely amusing the fact that we (almost) all have Yuzuru avatars/icons, because when we're discussing among ourselves, in my mind there are all of these different Yuzurus fighting one against the other with the same serial killer face but in different clothes and different haircuts. Just think about that image. Let it sink in. 

That would be a very intense and loud discussion :laughing: but i feel like it would quickly evolve to "my jumps got higher goe than yours" "no, mine!", regarding yuzu in different costumes/programs arguing hahahaha

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

That would be a very intense and loud discussion :laughing: but i feel like it would quickly evolve to "my jumps got higher goe than yours" "no, mine!", regarding yuzu in different costumes/programs arguing hahahaha

Great, now I'm imagining different personalities depending on the costume/season :rofl:

Chopin2.0!Yuzuru being the most self-confident, self-declared prince of the ice. But Hana ni nare!Yuzuru still thinks he's the prettiest. 
LGC!Yuzuru always jumping everywhere and winking at everyone and being so  i n t e n s e  while Hope and Legacy!Yuzuru grabs him by the shoulders and goes "CHILL." For some reason, Romeo&Juliet1.0!Yuzuru keeps tripping on his own feet, but Swan!Yuzuru and White Legend!Yuzuru help him up because they are kind af. Meanwhile, teaching the ways of the force Seimei!Yuzuru is. 

(k I'll stop now)

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Great, now I'm imagining different personalities depending on the costume/season :rofl:

Chopin2.0!Yuzuru being the most self-confident, self-declared prince of the ice. But Hana ni nare!Yuzuru still thinks he's the prettiest. 
LGC!Yuzuru always jumping everywhere and winking at everyone and being so  i n t e n s e  while Hope and Legacy!Yuzuru grabs him by the shoulders and goes "CHILL." For some reason, Romeo&Juliet1.0!Yuzuru keeps tripping on his own feet, but Swan!Yuzuru and White Legend!Yuzuru help him up because they are kind af. Meanwhile, teaching the ways of the force Seimei!Yuzuru is. 

(k I'll stop now)

I imagine PW!Yuzu being jealous of LGC!Yuzu :laughing:

9 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Over 5 pages (right?) talking about it, tho... I went with 'confused' (okay, 'hella confused') because 1) that's the first feeling I got, especially as someone who has not been around long enough to get/know how things usually went in here, and 2) to score the least of what those type of talks will do to people who lurk/read through this thread to see if there is any news of Yuzu worth noting. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded part. If you could please explain a bit more that would be very helpful.

I could get more specific, but I know some of us could (and apparently did) get offended, so I did not. I will say though, with what little I know, I am not sure those types of talks are ok for a public forum; not if we want to build any credible reputation whatsoever.

I know that it's all done in jest, but that's not how ALL of us will take it. When I read "General Yuzuru Chat", I would not expect to see talks about ships and children, however imaginary and 'done in jest' they may be, to be in it. "General" is quite different from "Random", isn't it?

:runaway:

My 2 cents on this: this thread was a natural extension of the Yuzuru Hanyu Fan Fest on Goldenskate. A lot of the posters from there went to this forum and have been posting similarly on this thread as they did on the Goldenskate FF - with a very casual feeling, like how a friendly conversation would develop between a group of friends or acquaintances. My understanding is that the General Yuzu Chat is meant to have some of that "randomness". If the forum no longer wants this thread to have the same feeling, that is perfectly ok. If the mods/admins want to put together some rules about what is too "OT" or "Random", that is fine too. Nobody wants to feel like they are stepping on toes or breaking rules or offending others. However, I do think that if only posts which are considered "useful" are welcome, then that would be discouraging to others to feel free post what comes to mind and the thread will lose some of the friendly feeling.

I'm not sure what you mean by "credible reputation" but I think the information that you can find in this forum speaks for itself and the level of FS knowledge and Yuzu specific knowledge the forum members have. There's a lot of really good, in-depth discussion about technique, programs, scoring, FS politics, etc and also a lot of news and translations in the other threads.

1 minute ago, Fresca said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded part. If you could please explain a bit more that would be very helpful.

My 2 cents on this: this thread was a natural extension of the Yuzuru Hanyu Fan Fest on Goldenskate. A lot of the posters from there went to this forum and have been posting similarly on this thread as they did on the Goldenskate FF - with a very casual feeling, like how a friendly conversation would develop between a group of friends or acquaintances. My understanding is that the General Yuzu Chat is meant to have some of that "randomness". If the forum no longer wants this thread to have the same feeling, that is perfectly ok. If the mods/admins want to put together some rules about what is too "OT" or "Random", that is fine too. Nobody wants to feel like they are stepping on toes or breaking rules or offending others. However, I do think that if only posts which are considered "useful" are welcome, then that would be discouraging to others to feel free post what comes to mind and the thread will lose some of the friendly feeling.

I'm not sure what you mean by "credible reputation" but I think the information that you can find in this forum speaks for itself and the level of FS knowledge and Yuzu specific knowledge the forum members have. There's a lot of really good, in-depth discussion about technique, programs, scoring, FS politics, etc and also a lot of news and translations in the other threads.

This thread doesn't have a general "theme" other than "Let's talk Yuzu". The issue here is that there were some people that complained about the direction of the conversation and felt uncomfortable because of it but actually the conversation was hardly "off topic" (since there is not a defined topic here). 

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

It would be a reciprocated jealousy, since PW!Yuzu envies LGC's charisma and LGC!Yuzu envies PW!Yuzu's cleanliness! 

So where do we poor practice Hanyus belong in that royal battle between different Yuzus?