General Yuzuru Chat

(For some reason I cannot see the post abouve this one :confused:)

Yuzu reposted 2 X posts today at 10:50Jpn time - one from GQ and one from NTVNews - I wonder how he chooses what to repost, there are so many posts about him!! (I like to know the time of his reposts as, you know, Yuzu and numbers!! It might mean something lol!)

Also, Shoma retired today, as anyone who uses twitter will already know! But for those who don't...

I do think it is relevant to Yuzu as they have a long competitive history together and have shared many podiums.  A few J skaters have posted about it, I imagine Yuzu will be sending any message in private. It truly feels like the end of an era, Patrick Javi Yuzu Mikhail Shoma all retired, though Boyang is still going!! I'd love to see him have some success again before he choses to leave competition too.

EDIT - noooo Yuzu hasn't retired!! I meant turned pro!! 

On 5/9/2024 at 12:26 PM, Pammi said:

Shoma retired today.......I imagine Yuzu will be sending any message in private.

Well, I was wrong! Yuzu said some lovely things on Shoma's retirement, published in various news outlets:

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2024/05/09/kiji/20240509s00079000280000c.html

Shoma's thoughts for Yuzu in 2022 on his turning pro:

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2024/05/09/kiji/20240510s00079000125000c.html

It seems Yuzuru responded to some of the sentiments that Shoma sent to him in 2022

I will remember the enjoyment of seeing them compete together, and the joy Yuzuru showed in many interactions - my fave was the Yuzuru/Shoma interview after the Pyeongchang podium:

Yuzu's giddy laugh makes me laugh lol!

Apologies to newer fans who may not be interested in this or fans who have difficult feelings about technical issues, scoring, green room etc...can I just say that the main focus for change needs to be systemmic, not individual (young!) skaters - they inherit a system, a culture, like we all do when we go to work. It is not easy to challenge it when you are very young and dont really feel you have a voice.

For those of us who saw these 2 competing together, there were many enjoyable interactions, and Yuzuru showed real warmth and support towards Shoma, and sometimes he was probably a bit of a nuisance to Shoma with his pranks!!  We had a few laughs anyway!

(I hope General Chat is the right place for this? It feels like a general chat to me anyway! Something from the past, something which has ended, but something which Yuzu says he hopes has a future as well - they are now just 2 normal 20-something year old men who can have casual chats, according to both their statements to each other! So, for the next 6 months then, given Yuzu is 30 in Dec!!:rofl3:)

I'm having serious difficulties catching up. Gosh, could I have imagined every complaining of being swamped by news back when we had regular months-long droughts? 

Ok, the Swan is beautiful, looking forward to MIKIKO's, Shinya's and Toby's interviews being translated!