General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Anya said:

Translation is up.  Thanks to Gladi :thanks: :joy:

Yuzuru’s Private Life, Part 2 “How he spends his off time".

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/163667106784/pg-yuzu-days-201708-yuzurus-private-life

This guy is amazing... Now I wish I could ask him for some book recommendations lol I'd be very curious to read what he reads (and is there that much material in Japanese or is he reading in English? Hmmm...)

16 minutes ago, Anya said:

Translation is up.  Thanks to Gladi :thanks: :joy:

Yuzuru’s Private Life, Part 2 “How he spends his off time".

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/163667106784/pg-yuzu-days-201708-yuzurus-private-life

Idk if it's just me but I would love to listen to him taking about the things he's realized by studying. 

Also, I know that the topic of needing a sports psychologist has been discussed, but until now I never thought that maybe he realized that and by studying these things he's mentioning in this interview,  he's trying to cover that part too? I'm glad that he's paying attention to his mental state like this :)

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

Idk if it's just me but I would love to listen to him taking about the things he's realized by studying. 

Also, I know that the topic of needing a sports psychologist has been discussed, but until now I never thought that maybe he realized that and by studying these things he's mentioning in this interview,  he's trying to cover that part too? I'm glad that he's paying attention to his mental state like this :)

Definitely not just you. I wish they had asked him more about it, when he said he'd learned and realized things. I know I'd definitely ask "Oh, like what?" and so on... I'm particularly curious when he learned about the 'coach-athlete' relationship thing and started putting it in practice and how that might have changed his approach to training... (Part of me wants to think it was around when he had his talk with Brian and they finally started understanding each other properly, but there was still WTT, where Brian's absence affected him...)

I'm not sure how much self-analysis works, but I'm sure he is aware of any 'shortcomings' and is trying to learn more, understand and address them. (And I'd be SO curious to know what's written in his skate notes, but in the same time I hope no one will ever invade his privacy and read them or do worse things, without his permission ...)

And although the education part he turned into it being about him and his coach, I wonder if it also hints at him preparing for a future coaching career of his own (much, much in the future I hope...)

I really loved that interview. I especially loved the part about education:

[...] recently, I’ve found the course on education very interesting too. The professor is an extremely interesting person, and what I learned about communication between my teacher and “me as a student” have made me think a lot about the relationship between my coach and “myself as a skater”. For example, how to “receive” as a student, how to ask questions, and so forth. That also became my impetus for thinking about what to do in order for both sides in this coach-skater relationship to learn better and train better.

I think that course is probably what led Yuzu to become more open with Brian this year - and it must indeed have been very interesting if he was at last motivated enough to study english seriously :)

Also, he is talking about both sides of coach/skater relationship... is Yuzu thinking about becoming a coach once he r****s, by any chance ?

I sure would love to see that !

edit: ... And the part about the "Skate Notes" made me strangely happy - because I happen too use a notebook too to write down daily things that come into my mind, or to draw. I feel happy :) to have something in common with him ^^

I can't help wondering whether his professor and/or Brian Orser realise he's trying to apply his education as he's going along.  The professor might need to be a bit thoughtful about what to put into that brain.  His studies might also have an effect on that intensity that BO finds too much sometimes, either raising or lowering it, and knowing that it's possibly a factor might help the coaching team.

8 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

When did he start studying English? Savour the cute word-struggling now, people! Before it's too late! 

I'm pretty sure Brian said already last year that Yuzu has been studying English... though he's probably studied it in school before, too. But that's usually not really enough. Even so, I think we'll get word-struggling for a while still. Grammar is one thing, but vocabulary takes time to build.