General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Btsevinho said:

Thank you for explaining! You’re right, I don’t care about his teeth, he’s perfect the way he is!

You are welcome!

Lower dental centreline shift is not a major orthodontic problem. Most lay person are not even aware of the shift😂 I have joined planethanyu for a number of years now and somebody only pointed it out recently.

I have patients asking me:  how long do I need to wear retainers (can be removable or fixed type) after treatment? My answer will always be: 'How long do you want your teeth to be straight and stable?' Of course, the reply would always be for life ....there you go, you will definitely need lifelong retention.Outcry from the patients: it's impossible that I can wear my retainers for life, it's just too long and it's tedious having have to wear the retainers (removable) everyday! Fixed retainers do not require compliance but there are some drawbacks like:  risk of inadvertent tooth movement and hygiene control ( poor oral hygiene leading to build up of calculus around teeth and retainer wires). Patients will end up having periodontal diseases and loss of tooth  supporting bone with eventual loss of teeth. No tooth supporting bone = no teeth!

Regular supervision and check up of teeth pre- treatment ( before fixing braces) and post treatment (after removal of fixed braces) and maintenance (retention) phases are important and it's lifelong with the orthodontist. Better visit an orthodontist rather than dentist. Some dentists are not trained to handle difficult and complex cases.

Our teeth are constantly under dynamic change

(alignment of teeth changes) due to wear and tear throughout our life. Lifelong retention is required to ensure a stable result ..therefore, think twice before commencing braces treatment. Constantly asking yourself: is it worth it getting braces done? Can you cope with the pain (due to tooth movement) during treatment? dietary control (  do not consume hard or sweet food, bye bye to your chocolates, sweets etc), adequate level of oral hygiene is required during and after treatment and finally a lifelong maintenance is mandatory to ensure stable result.

My usual advice:

If you really have severe orthodontic problems like severe crowding, upper front teeth sticks out a lot like bucks bunny and low self-esteem because of being teased at school/ by peers, the answer is yes, go ahead and get braces done. 

But if it's just a mild crowding or a slightly rotated tooth, I think it's better to accept it. Because you will still need to have permanent retention to maintain the corrected position.Its difficult to keep corrected rotated teeth stable. Relapse (going back to where it was originally positioned but less severe) tendency is high. Normally, require minor gum surgery and fixed retainer to keep it as stable as possible...but still there is no guarantee😂

OP shared also translations from Telesa ("Tetsuko's room").:thanks:

"When Sensei wasn't looking, I would get off the ice and play baseball with my (skate) boots on". Oh Yuzu 🙊

Yuzu about his Mom: "She is also a presence who's always there to fight together with me ...”.🙏

[NEWS

6 hours ago, Perelandra said:

When you saw the film 'The Magnificent Nine' were English sub titles available ? I have only seen the Yuzu clips and the making of footage with Yuzu. Yuzu twirling and laughing being most notable behind the scenes footage

Yes it had subtitles! I couldn't have watched it without :) 

Came across a documentary about Javier Fernandez and watched it to check if Yuzu would be featured in it XDD and he is and it's quite good haha of course it's from the perspective of Javi, but still really insightful segment.  

For other people who want to watch, you can watch it here with english subtitles: https://www.rtve.es/play/videos/javier-fernandez-rompiendo-el-hielo/abanderado/6809213/ 

Yuzu's part starts @14:45 - 21:00 

10 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Maybe you were just focussed on Date Masamune because of Neko Masamune and also visiting the shrine in Sendai which is dedicated to Masamune the first lord of Sendai with all of the dragon statues. 

Date was the clan name for the lords or Daimyo of the region around Sendai. Not sure if the historical clan territory equates exactly with modern regional or prefectural boundaries. Maybe someone can enlighten us on this. Similar to the ancient Kingdom of Mercia from Anglo Saxon history does not have a modern day location. 

When you saw the film 'The Magnificent Nine' were English sub titles available ? I have only seen the Yuzu clips and the making of footage with Yuzu. Yuzu twirling and laughing being most notable behind the scenes footage.

Date Masamune was born in what is now Yamagata-ken (Yamagata prefecture). Modern day Yamagata prefecture is located in the Tohoku region of Japan and borders Akita prefecture to the north, Miyagi prefecture (where the city of Sendai is located) to the east, Fukushima prefecture to the south, and Niigata prefecture to the southwest.

Masamune carved out a large section of northeastern Japan (Tohoku region) as his domain by warring with and conquering his neighbours. He was the last of the daimyo to submit to Toyotomi Hideyoshi who was the de facto ruler of Japan. Masamune lost a substantial part of his domain to Hideyoshi as punishment for being purposely tardy in coming to the aid of Hideyoshi in a crucial battle.

After Hideyoshi's death, Masamune supported Tokugawa Ieyasu who succeeded Hideyoshi and completed the job of uniting all of Japan under his rule and became the Shogun very loosely depicted by James Clavell in his novel of the same name and later made into a miniseries starring Richard Chamberlain and Shimada Yoko. (Incidentally, we met Yoko when she was making a movie in Vancouver and took her out for dinner after which she came to our home and we sang karaoke together. She autographed my two-volume hardcover copy of Shogun.)

Masamune was granted the Sendai domain by Ieyasu as reward for his loyalty and support. Masamune subsequently moved into the little village of Sendai with all of his family and vassals and founded the modern-day city of Sendai.

Masamune's crescent-moon-bearing helmet and eye patch are famous as evidenced by Neko Masamune's appearance.

We bought the Blu-ray disc of 'The Magnificent Nine' ('Tono, Risoku de Gozaru' – 'Lord, The Interest, If You Please') and it did not have English subtitles.

31 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Date Masamune was born in what is now Yamagata-ken (Yamagata prefecture). Modern day Yamagata prefecture is located in the Tohoku region of Japan and borders Akita prefecture to the north, Miyagi prefecture (where the city of Sendai is located) to the east, Fukushima prefecture to the south, and Niigata prefecture to the southwest.

Masamune carved out a large section of northeastern Japan (Tohoku region) as his domain by warring with and conquering his neighbours. He was the last of the daimyo to submit to Toyotomi Hideyoshi who was the de facto ruler of Japan. Masamune lost a substantial part of his domain to Hideyoshi as punishment for being purposely tardy in coming to the aid of Hideyoshi in a crucial battle.

After Hideyoshi's death, Masamune supported Tokugawa Ieyasu who succeeded Hideyoshi and completed the job of uniting all of Japan under his rule and became the Shogun very loosely depicted by James Clavell in his novel of the same name and later made into a miniseries starring Richard Chamberlain and Shimada Yoko. (Incidentally, we met Yoko when she was making a movie in Vancouver and took her out for dinner after which she came to our home and we sang karaoke together. She autographed my two-volume hardcover copy of Shogun.)

Masamune was granted the Sendai domain by Ieyasu as reward for his loyalty and support. Masamune subsequently moved into the little village of Sendai with all of his family and vassals and founded the modern-day city of Sendai.

Masamune's crescent-moon-bearing helmet and eye patch are famous as evidenced by Neko Masamune's appearance.

We bought the Blu-ray disc of 'The Magnificent Nine' ('Tono, Risoku de Gozaru' – 'Lord, The Interest, If You Please') and it did not have English subtitles.

Thank you for the historical context, that's great to know. 

Hehe, I remember 'Shogun' with Richard Chamberlain, it was one of the reasons that I became fascinated by Japan as a child. How wonderful that you met Shimada Yoko.

It is now my second reason for wanting to find out more about Japan, the first of course being Yuzu.

There is a paving stone in one of the pathways at the Zuihoden shrine, Sendai, which is shaped like a skating boot. Many fans post pictures of this when they visit the shrine. Maybe skating was something Yuzu was always destined to do. A laminated photo of the pathway has the skate boot stone circled in red, so fans can identify the stone easily

7 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Thank you for the historical context, that's great to know. 

Hehe, I remember 'Shogun' with Richard Chamberlain, it was one of the reasons that I became fascinated by Japan as a child. How wonderful that you met Shimada Yoko.

It is now my second reason for wanting to find out more about Japan, the first of course being Yuzu.

There is a paving stone in one of the pathways at the Zuihoden shrine, Sendai, which is shaped like a skating boot. Many fans post pictures of this when they visit the shrine. Maybe skating was something Yuzu was always destined to do. A laminated photo of the pathway has the skate boot stone circled in red, so fans can identify the stone easily

Yea, I have also seen 'Shogun' before but can't really remember the storyline now.

Richard Chamberlain - a great actor and very charismatic. He also starred in a mini series called 'Thorn Birds' in which he played the role of a Catholic priest Ralph De Bricassart. 

For Taiwanese Fanyus

The silhouette looks familiar to you? Write it in the comments (until 10th May). 15 fans will be drawn.👌

More infos about the participation conditions here on  Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/ana.ch.traditional/posts/pfbid02cCDwrK29tz4SRYjEW89EchMytkXKX8o7j3Z4GjAwQ35ViNo17xsMzLu3ZQZ5eBGl?wtsid=rdr_0yQYufHBH1ZpnRLmL

[NEWS]

I would like to have a "Fly Yuzu" towel.🤗

As a new fanyu I just watched his performances at Continues with Wings for the first time. 

Apparently his ankle was still not fully healed so he skated to his programs without the jumps...... and this has made me appreciate him even more.

Even without the jumps his programs are still so interesting and engaging to me. 

I mean how many skaters could actually skate to their old programs, leaving out the jumps, with the program still being interesting and worth watching.... 

5/9 is "Blackboard Day" The blackboard art that was broadcast in the program was Hama-san, who became a hot topic when she was a high school teacher. Yuzuru Hanyu's artistic "blackboard art" attracts attention from overseas Russia fans are deeply moved "I want to take it home"

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].