General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Imagine after the first competition, his layout falls short to the 'youngsters' because he's 'playing it safe'. So he gets backlash from everyone.. (commentators/coaches/his-anti/his fans)...

Next competition

Yuzu's layout revelation.. add 4Lz add 4A (this is just imagination guys)..:10636614:

Yuzu: You thought I wasn't ready :hachimaki:

Yuzu: I'll show you your quads

Everyone else: .....

Us: :5918bda8ee9b0_0001(1):

His first rival's going to be Nathan Chen next year... so this could actually happen... Nathan bringing 6 quads in the FS, maybe even NAILS each and everyone of them... so he gets stellar scores even if his PCS and GOE are low on average. The day after the FS, Yuzu sits down with Brian. Brian's drinking some coffee. 

Yuzuru: So, about the FS layout...
Brian: ...Yes?

Yuzuru: I was thinking about- actually I came up with the idea yesterday, while I stood on the podium wearing a silver medal... I will do 5 quads, 3 in the second half of the program, and will add 4Lz as first jumping pass. Or do you think I should add 4A directly? 

Brian: *spits coffee* 

8 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

His first rival's going to be Nathan Chen next year... so this could actually happen... Nathan bringing 6 quads in the FS, maybe even NAILS each and everyone of them... so he gets stellar scores even if his PCS and GOE are low on average. The day after the FS, Yuzu sits down with Brian. Brian's drinking some coffee. 

Brian: ...Yes?

Yuzuru: I was thinking about- actually I came up with the idea yesterday, while I stood on the podium wearing a silver medal... I will do 5 quads, 3 in the second half of the program, and will add 4Lz as first jumping pass. Or do you think I should add 4A directly? 

Brian: *spits coffee* 

Oh he's practicing his 4 Lz this summer alright. 

I think it's more like this, start of season:

Brian: *with a mug of coffee* Yes?

Yuzuru: I feel more comfortable doing 2 quads off the top. To make it more interesting, how about a 4Lz followed by a 4 Loop?

Brian: *raises eyebrows* and then?

Yuzuru: I think I can stick to a 4 quad FS, with 2 in the back half in case I get tired. But I was thinking, what about a 4A-2T Rippon? If I practice enough this summer, I should be able to fully rotate. Only 1/4 rotation short now. 

Brian: *trips over his skates, coffee goes everywhere*

Yuzuru: you will help me right? *puppy eyes*

Tracy: How did we agree to train him? 

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yuzuru: I think I can stick to a 4 quad FS, with 2 in the back half in case I get tired. But I was thinking, what about a 4A-2T Rippon? If I practice enough this summer, I should be able to fully rotate. Only 1/4 rotation short now. 

Brian: *trips over his skates, coffee goes everywhere*

I WANT THAT! I WANT THAT! 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

I WANT THAT! I WANT THAT! 

Shhhh....it is the jump-that-shall-not-be-named. Seriously though, I kind of suspect that he'd probably Yolo it at some early season competition, but not sure if this year or next year (my guess is still 19/20 season). 

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Shhhh....it is the jump-that-shall-not-be-named. Seriously though, I kind of suspect that he'd probably Yolo it at some early season competition, but not sure if this year or next year (my guess is still 19/20 season). 

Honestly, with his history of jump learning... his success rates doubled in the span of a Summer. It was like this with both the Toeloop and the Loop, right? 

Why not with 4Lz and 4A?

Plus, I feel like with a safe Short Program that will increase his confidence, he might be able to YOLO his entire FS without any problem whatsoever. 

16 minutes ago, Xen said:

Actually, I have this prompt about Yuzu's son able to do this in second half, plus a 4S-4T combination to replace that 4S-3T.

11 минут назад, Xen сказал:

Yuzuru: you will help me right? *puppy eyes*

Tracy: How did we agree to train him? 

:rofl::rofl:

But on a serious note Yuzu never changed his FS layout during the season, only SP (for obvious reasons). If 4Lz will be good in practices then he rather include it from the first event. Maybe he feels like it's better to get used to a new jump and rythm of the programme during competitions. But of course with Yuzu you'll never know.

16 minutes ago, Xen said:

We'll just have to see if his 3A is still good or not. If his 3A is wonky during the first competition, then we know that he was having a fling with 4A during off season :rofl::rofl:

hace 12 minutos , Lunna said:

:rofl::rofl:

But on a serious note Yuzu never changed his FS layout during the season, only SP (for obvious reasons). If 4Lz will be good in practices then he rather include it from the first event. Maybe he feels like it's better to get used to a new jump and rythm of the programme during competitions. But of course with Yuzu you'll never know.

He changed his FS layout on the fly at 4CC and WTT. These weren't permanent changes but still. Judging by his recent interviews and Chopin perfomances at FaOI,  we are about to see  more improvisation in his programs next season, including jumps. He obviously likes the YOLO thing. :laughing: Didn't he say: "I am like musician who tends to improvise at each perfomance" (source)

10 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Oh bless, Shoma really adores Yuzuru, and Yuzuru is always just making heart-eyes right back.

Yuzuru is the king of pleasant, friendly rivalries? (ignoring fan behaviour from any side of said rivalry lol)