General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, sister555 said:

Well Hydroblade, have you checked kaerb's post?  I wonder if the above part was not included in her translation, because she said she had some points which were hard to catch.  She said she will clarify the parts her "tomorrow morning".

So could you check kaerb's translation of Episode 2 she has just uploaded, if you have not yet done so?

I just checked and it seems like she did include that part, it's the very last part of the translation. 

It's just impossible for me to translate Yuzu. I feel like i can't do justice to his words.

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

I just checked and it seems like she did include that part, it's the very last part of the translation. 

It's just impossible for me to translate Yuzu. I feel like i can't do justice to his words.

Wow!  What a compliment to give him.  One that he deserves. 

He has spun a magical spell around my family. We are all in awe of him. 

13 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I was ready to start crying about off season but hey guess what we still have two more streaming parties!

Both full of fluff!!

I feel like we're being spoiled.

Sappy post ahead:

Reveal hidden contents

I want to use this post too to thank all of you! I couldn't join you guys for the Skater's Recollections streaming party but i am happy to see that you all had a lot of fun and enjoyed watching his journey from bb mushroom to World Champion x2.

I am very emotional these days so i think it's just the salt trying to get our of my system.

Seeing how we have been enjoying the streaming parties, the reports and all that... If i had any doubts about the Planet, now i can be 1000000% sure that it was the best decision we could make. I don't think that it would have been possible to do things like these on the other place, and i am really pleased to see how the community has been growing and bonding during the short time we've been orbiting this planet. I love that even if this thread grows to an amazing rate, everything is still more manageable, and that you can talk about many things at once. I hope we can have something for everyone here, and that no matter what part of Yuzuru Hanyu you like, you find a place and a group of people who want to discuss it with you.

I want to thank all the lurkers too, those who are registered and those who are not. You're still important to this community. And those who aren't registered i hope one day you can join us and shitpost comment on morning tv shows for three hours while we wait for 20 seconds of Yuzu.

Finally, although off season isn't officially here until those two events are over (at least for me), i am looking forward to cheering for him on the next season with all of you. He will need all our support next season and for those of us who can not make it to the competitions, we can still support him from here.

From the look of it, we will enjoy this season a lot, because we're all here and we will be able to give him our support plus emotional support among us, as this season is going to be a stressful one lol.

So, everyone...

3,2,1。。。

ありがとうございました!

Hydro, you trying to get me emotional?... I'm not crying... Well almost...

8 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Hydro, you trying to get me emotional?... I'm not crying... Well almost...

I actually wanted to make a special mention for you and Max because i'm happy you too found a home here :D even if it's mainly girls!

I wish we had more male fans, but for now you are the special club :D i wasn't sure about saying "HEY WE GOT GUYS HERE TOO! IT'S NOT JUST GIRLS!" haha.

But the message is the same for everyone. This place wouldn't be what it is right now without any of you :POOH:

6 hours ago, kaerb said:

Thank you, that would be brilliant - there were many parts where I was like ??? and typing phonetic sounds into Google translate and getting nothing haha. I'll do it tomorrow morning ( :

Hey, I just saw your twitter and your summaries! :)

Have you ever thought of making full translations? I admit J > E is a pain to translate and Yuzu presents some unique challenges. :rofl:

But if you would like occasional help with our Prince of the Ice verbal challenges to translators, feel free to ask, I've had experience with two or three people worse than him. ^^;

(Translating and interpreting come with my job, so... )

Also, thanks for the links to the other Kenji no Heya parts; I could probably have found them myself on youtube, but this way it's much easier. :)

10 hours ago, asiacheetah said:

You have to travel that far away just to see the medal ceremony? I don't even know how I'm supposed to get between Gangneung and the sliding center in Pyeonchang. Never mind being able to find any lodging outside of Seoul. This whole Olympic has not been organized very well or convenient.

There will be shuttle buses between venues/major events i believe but i'm super annoyed that they've only said now that the medal ceremony is separate and you need to buy another ticket -_- like when do these tickets go on sale?

10 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Yuzusorbet has a summary of episode 1 and Yuzuland has translations for ep3-5. For some reason ep2 never surfaced until now. haha

Thanks to kaerb for her translations of Kenji's Room Episodes 1 and 2!

For future reference, these are the links to the translations of all five episodes of Kenji's Room with Yuzuru Hanyu:

Episode 1 – September 1, 2015

https://yuzulia1.tumblr.com/post/128241378924/kenjis-room-episode-1-translation-i

Episode 2 – September 8, 2015

http://yuzuruhanyubr.tumblr.com/post/128820801146/kenjis-room-episode-2-translation

Episode 3 – September 15, 2015

http://yuzuland.tumblr.com/post/129178198907/kenjis-room-with-yuzuru-hanyu-episode-3

Episode 4 – September 23, 2015

http://yuzuland.tumblr.com/post/129711465692/kenjis-room-with-yuzuru-hanyu-episode-4 

Episode 5 – October 1, 2015

http://yuzuland.tumblr.com/post/130235684437/kenjis-room-with-yuzuru-hanyu-episode-5

Hey, I just remembered in Japan Nathan Chen is quite famous for being "terrible".

No no, he's quite a good athlete, but he speaks way too fast for interpreters to catch up with!!

You might remember in the press conference of the Worlds (!?  I think), he is asked to speak slower, apologises, and then goes back to his normal speed!!  I wonder which is "worse", Yuzuru or Nathan>???

3 分ぐらい, MrPudding said:

Marketing done right :happy0065:

One of &free stores displaying Yuzu

If I see this I'd definitely walk into that store 

You might notice new "clear folders".  One clear folder for 2,000 JPY + tax Nishikawa purchase.

In fact this is Nishikawa shop in Yurakucho (= very near to Ginza).