General Yuzuru Chat

On 4/14/2018 at 9:45 AM, paminess said:

i second to this!!!

Yuzuru Hanyu: Master of Mind Games!!!!! setting some booby trap to his opponents . xx

I also think he already knew full well that he could skate just fine through the pain at PyeongChang and arrived late so he could stay on home ice and practice in secret. That's why his first two practices in public were so sedate. He was preparing a surprise attack to mess with their heads.  -- Closing strains of Chopin's Ballade No. 1 -- Yuzuru Hanyu throws down a dainty, but viciously spiked gauntlet. "THERE, BITCHES! I dare you to skate after THAT!"  Brian Orser's gloating grin BEFORE (who gloats BEFORE?!) Yuzu skated said it all: "You should NEVER underestimate Mr. Hanyu." And, was it Kurt Browning who said Yuzu was the best ever at "playing this game?"

On 4/14/2018 at 7:58 AM, micaelis said:

Just a short thought on the 4A.  It's beginning to look like a competition that took place back in the 1960s when the United States and the Soviet Union were seen as racing to be the first to the moon.  That race, a race in technological prowess, was won by the US and the results were that the US even today remains the only nation that has managed to land a man on the moon.  So in skating we are seeing the race to the 4A with Yuzu the obvious leader since he's the King of the 3A, a jump he had trouble in very early in his career but which became his own and more, since his ascendancy there is secured by his patented entries and landings.  The thing is that Yuzu might already be there and it was only his abbreviated season that hid that accomplishment from the world.  In any case Yuzu definitely has the lead in the race, based on his awesome command of the 3A.  If next season he shows it in competition and decorates it with his patented entries and exits of the 3A, he will not only have a TES advantage but a very commanding psychological advantage.  His competitors would see him executing a 4A with embellishments and wonder why even bother to remain in the fray.  A command of the 4A with his already present command of non-jump elements and his very superior skating skills, well, if that is the Yuzu we're seeing then, the competition will be for number 2.  

Yep, once again, we're on the same page.

35 minutes ago, Toni said:

I also think he already knew full well that he could skate just fine through the pain at PyeongChang and arrived late so he could stay on home ice and practice in secret. That's why his first two practices in public were so sedate. He was preparing a surprise attack to mess with their heads.  -- Closing strains of Chopin's Ballade No. 1 -- Yuzuru Hanyu throws down a dainty, but viciously spiked gauntlet. "THERE, BITCHES! I dare you to skate after THAT!"  Brian Orser's gloating grin BEFORE (who gloats BEFORE?!) Yuzu skated said it all: "You should NEVER underestimate Mr. Hanyu." And, was it Kurt Browning who said Yuzu was the best ever at "playing this game?"

I actually love this side of Yuzu - shows what an incredible COMPETITOR he is 

OK I'm a relatively new member here. Imagine my delight when I found an international Yuzu Fans FB group this awesome site!!! Just wanted to leave the admins a note to say what an awesome site this is for all of us (3000+ strong) Yuzu fans to chat about Yuzu and other topics! 

12 minutes ago, LucyH said:

I actually love this side of Yuzu - shows what an incredible COMPETITOR he is 

Same. And he does it the right way, as a truly noble sportsman. There is NEVER any spite. He honestly wishes his competitors well, he's just, you know, going to win. Period.