General Yuzuru Chat

17 分, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

where did you hear this? if this is true then the boy is truly amazing :laughing: 

14 分, Xenさんが言いました:

o_O I haven't checked chinese media in a while, but we need to check if its official channels or just rumors. But anyways, despite animosities between China and Japan politically, China and FS fans in China really do love this guy (actually know a couple non FS fans who like him too). 

The moderator dude in the Japanese Press Club conference thingy asked him directly about it...

I mean, if I didn't hear wrong or am not misremembering, the guy made a reference to the gift when someone asked him about Beijing 2022. 

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Aaarrggghhh He was pushed into those quotes by those very pointed questions! Nooooo!!

but his coach said that to bb mushroom hence his not 'official' goals but boy still remembers it.. :war:

all the people that influenced young yuzu is truly incredible and a bit scary..:smiley-laughing021:

1 minute ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

The moderator dude in the Japanese Press Club conference thingy asked him directly about it...

I mean, the guy made a reference to the gift and asked him about Beijing 2022.

Ah okay, I didn't listen to it since it was in Japanese. I guess within this week we'll get some confirmation about it in China, or not since it may stir up nationalists sentiments (some would protest the need to enlist a japanese athlete to increase popularity for 2022). 

I'd be ecstatic if he continues, provided it is in good health conditions, but the number of men who last 3 olympics isn't that many either. 

3 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I mean, the guy made a reference to the gift when someone asked him about Beijing 2022.

maybe the light up robotic panda was an invitation LOL

4 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

but his coach said that to bb mushroom hence his not 'official' goals but boy still remembers it.. :war:

all the people that influenced young yuzu is truly incredible and a bit scary..:smiley-laughing021:

I repeat: Nooooo!!!

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Ah okay, I didn't listen to it since it was in Japanese. I guess within this week we'll get some confirmation about it in China, or not since it may stir up nationalists sentiments (some would protest the need to enlist a japanese athlete to increase popularity for 2022). 

I'd be ecstatic if he continues, provided it is in good health conditions, but the number of men who last 3 olympics isn't that many either. 

Would the obvious Yuzu-Boyang friendship, and Yuzu's persistent and hopefully effective efforts to counter Boyang-erasure, and Boyang's fanboy moments, make any difference? [ETA: To the stirring up of sentiments, I mean.] Boyang will (fingers crossed) be an actual contender next Olympics. 

Just now, WinForPooh said:

I repeat: Nooooo!!!

Would the obvious Yuzu-Boyang friendship, and Yuzu's persistent and hopefully effective efforts to counter Boyang-erasure, and Boyang's fanboy moments, make any difference? Boyang will (fingers crossed) be an actual contender next Olympics. 

2022 was the battle between the Yuzu fanboys to begin with in the men's, possibly a battle between the fangirls in the ladies. He just needs to charm the future pairs and ice dance teams for 2022 and it'll be an all-around battle between his fanboys/girls in each discipline. 

Hey, he could do that....:acceptable:

1 分, Xenさんが言いました:

Ah okay, I didn't listen to it since it was in Japanese.

You'll love it when you finally get to see it, I think. That one was even more wonderful and revealing than the JFFC one. He was both brutally honest and thoughtful in it, as he spoke more freely cos he didn't have an interpreter he felt he needed to worry about. :)

Just now, Xen said:

2022 was the battle between the Yuzu fanboys to begin with in the men's, possibly a battle between the fangirls in the ladies. He just needs to charm the future pairs and ice dance teams for 2022 and it'll be an all-around battle between his fanboys/girls in each discipline. 

Hey, he could do that....:acceptable:

Yuzu could charm a hunk of rock. Like what I thought my heart was until he happened and now it's shriveling up like cotton candy under the assault of my unstoppable crying.

As much as I want to see him in Beijing 2022, I can't ignore the concern to his health. He'll be 27 by then, and do you guys remember what Javi said about skating at 26?

He said jumping quads by 26 is completely different than when he's 20. They become harder, and he fell harder...

And here Yuzu is, having to keep the game up by then and strive towards 4A and even quints in 4 years time.

Ok sorry I'm probably killing the mood :81:

1 minute ago, VyVy99 said:

As much as I want to see him in Beijing 2022, I can't ignore the concern to his health. He'll be 27 by then, and do you guys remember what Javi said about skating at 26?

He said jumping quads by 26 is completely different than when he's 20. They become harder, and he fell harder...

And here Yuzu is, having to keep the game up by then and strive towards 4A and even quints in 4 years time.

Not to mention, Yuzuru has not healed his ankle yet. And even now Yuzuru does not know how long it will take his ankle to fully heal and how to heal it yet.

I'd say I'd happy to see him skate OK in 2020 at max. I do think if he heals, he can land that 4A and say BYE to the skating world and I am totally okay with it. 

Just now, VyVy99 said:

don't worry it's fine :) I think we all know here that skating past 25 is definitely not easy on these incredible people's  bodies, personally that's why even if I would love to have yuzu competing as long as possible I also know and I'm aware sometimes the body just doesn't hold up so I think it's enough to wish him a good recovery in his ankle and to always take care of himself, and the most important: that when he decides to retire he does it because he is satisfied with all he did in skating, that he can leave in peace and not because he can't anymore because of heatlh reasons.

6 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

No, it's a legitimate concern. =)

However, there were guys who did jump harder jumps when they were much older, and even today, we have uncles like Voronov and Bychenko still jumping quads. Then there were also guys like Todd Eldredge who only started landing quads in their late 20's. Nobu is also late 20's, around 30, and started playing around with 4Lz for fun. T_T So it depends, but above all though, Yuzu does need to stay healthy. And it is fully up to him, will support him in his decisions. 

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

Not to mention, Yuzuru has not healed his ankle yet. And even now Yuzuru does not know how long it will take his ankle to fully heal and how to heal it yet.

I'd say I'd happy to see him skate OK in 2020 at max. I do think if he heals, he can land that 4A and say BYE to the skating world and I am totally okay with it. 

Yeah, on the bright side, I'm pretty sure that ankle can't hold him down forever. It's a drag to recover but he will recover, and of course we'll see his 4A. He's dead serious about that part lol :hachimaki: