General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, the50person said:

proposal to post a picture of folded swans and tag his name in tweets. make it trend.

i was going to say this but i wanted to do it from my twitter account. We should tag it #weLoveYouYuzu and maybe something else in japanese, so he can find it.

Any square piece of paper will do guys, even a printer paper sheet cut so it's square.

Here is my tutorial if you want to do it:

https://imgur.com/a/zzRI3

4 minutes ago, the50person said:

proposal to post a picture of folded swans and tag his name in tweets. make it trend.

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

i was going to say this but i wanted to do it from my twitter account. We should tag it #weLoveYouYuzu and maybe something else in japanese, so he can find it.

Any square piece of paper will do guys, even a printer paper sheet cut so it's square.

Here is my tutorial if you want to do it:

https://imgur.com/a/zzRI3

let's do it! I was planning to make 1000 to wish for health and good luck for him all season too :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

tag #WeLoveYouYuzu, his name of course #羽生弦結 and maybe #getwellsoonyuzu or something?

15 minutes ago, the50person said:

What does ligament injury mean? Any doctors here to explain please?

Not a doctor but ligaments are the things attaching joints. I'm a bit confused as to whether it's a ligament in his knee, his ankle or both??? I've seen mixed reports.

if it's his knee LCL it was likely when the knee kind of twisted and the inner knee his the ice. The LCL is on the outside and is generally pretty study. If it's a minor injury in can heal anything from within a few hours with compression, elevation and ice to a few days of rest. A partial tear can take 2-6 weeks or rest, a brace and physio. A full tear can be treated with surgery and 4-8 weeks rest, a brace and physio. Prevention from further injury is basically what Yuzuru likely already does since it's conditioning thigh muscles and hamstrings to better absorb impacts.

If it's an LCL in his ankle, ability to bear weight can return after a few days of rest but should be rested and treated with physio for 2-3 weeks, but may require support bandaging for 6 months when returning to sport.

My brother used to play rugby so I can't really say how it can affect skating but withdrawing was the best thing to do to avoid more serious injury and seriously limiting motion/the risk of becoming more prone to repeat future injuries.

9 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

if it's his knee LCL it was likely when the knee kind of twisted and the inner knee his the ice. The LCL is on the outside and is generally pretty study. If it's a minor injury in can heal anything from within a few hours with compression, elevation and ice to a few days of rest. A partial tear can take 2-6 weeks or rest, a brace and physio. A full tear can be treated with surgery and 4-8 weeks rest, a brace and physio. Prevention from further injury is basically what Yuzuru likely already does since it's conditioning thigh muscles and hamstrings to better absorb impacts.

If it's an LCL in his ankle, ability to bear weight can return after a few days of rest but should be rested and treated with physio for 2-3 weeks, but may require support bandaging for 6 months when returning to sport.

Good to know. Am I right to say that at worst he's suffering from a partial tear? Given that he could walk around with his own strength.