ISU Announces Live Streaming of GP Events and ISU Championships on Youtube

sillycinnamon: well, shoot, if they sold it as a package to your home country, then that pretty much confirms my fear that that's what's happened to the Netherlands, too. Meaning there's no chance in heck I can watch FS either on television, nor on NOS livestream, nor on youtube. Because the NOS would *never* show figure skating, no matter how many broadcasting licences they have. 

:headdesk:

edit: I have decided I don’t need more drama in my life, and so I have bought a VPN. Got a good deal, I think, just over 3 euros per month for three years, so that should take care of all this stupidity for the time being. :-)

for italian fans, it looks like we are indeed geoblocked :knc_brian3:

I verified, on ISU YT channel it doesn't even display any of the planned stream. And still nothing about RAI streaming anything. How amazing to pay for something I don't even get to watch:animated-smileys-angry-041:

Since I am actually paying for a legal streaming that I won't get, and since GPF tickets were robbery already, I'll stubbornly try to avoid paying for a vpn, too

atm it looks to me like some free vpn might work (at least, when activating them I get to see the planned livestreaming on the ISU channel). Opera worked mostly fine with previous isu livestreaming but it's to be seen if it will grant me some decent quality ('cause watching 240p or a stream that keeps buffering is almost more frustrating than not getting any  video at all...)

17 hours ago, Winnie_20 said:

sillycinnamon: well, shoot, if they sold it as a package to your home country, then that pretty much confirms my fear that that's what's happened to the Netherlands, too. Meaning there's no chance in heck I can watch FS either on television, nor on NOS livestream, nor on youtube. Because the NOS would *never* show figure skating, no matter how many broadcasting licences they have. 

:headdesk:

edit: I have decided I don’t need more drama in my life, and so I have bought a VPN. Got a good deal, I think, just over 3 euros per month for three years, so that should take care of all this stupidity for the time being. :-)

Probably it's similar in the Netherlands, yes.

Well the good news is that I e-mailed the broadcaster and got a reply back - very quickly, in five minutes -  that they won't stream Skate America but they're planning to stream all other GP events on their site (m4sport.hu), which would be great. Hope they keep their word and they'll be streaming it. :) 

Otherwise VPN is always a solution.

From the sounds of it, it was a package deal everywhere. And of course a very high asking price. 
Dutch NOS probably paid whatever they had to to obtain the license for the speed skating... and got useless FS license along with it.

For most other countries, it would be the other way around, lol. I wonder how many will bother airing or streaming any of the huge amount of speed skating they now have the rights to?! ;-)

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

for italian fans, it looks like we are indeed geoblocked :knc_brian3:

I verified, on ISU YT channel it doesn't even display any of the planned stream.

Oddly enough, I can see them listed fine... and no hint whatsoever that the actual stream might be blocked.

Would be funny if I just bought a VPN for nothing (nah, not nothing, I have been in need of one for quite a while, it was actually an item on my To Do list, lol).

Tomorrow evening, we will know the truth!

21 hours ago, Winnie_20 said:

Oddly enough, I can see them listed fine... and no hint whatsoever that the actual stream might be blocked.

Would be funny if I just bought a VPN for nothing (nah, not nothing, I have been in need of one for quite a while, it was actually an item on my To Do list, lol).

Tomorrow evening, we will know the truth!

Aaaaaand... I bought the VPN for nothing!

Because, lo and behold... the NOS and the Netherlands are no longer on the list!!:1497158260_5GOE:

https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/news/news-fsk/12731-where-to-watch-isu-grand-prix-of-figure-skating-series-2019?templateParam=15

(Yes, I know I can cancel the VPN service, but I'm not going to. It's honestly been on my To Do list for ages, I just never made the time and effort to look into it until now. Glad I've done so now. plenty of opportunities to use it still.)