WE ♥ YUZU FROM (COUNTRY) BANNER IDEA

yuzuangel

I tried the same idea but with a thicker line, and also in red. Red makes it easier to see the heart, IMO, but it may clash with many country flags. Thoughts?

9P68gLN.jpg

PMMYQVD.jpg

I also tried doing this with the country name, but I think it would be hard to do this for all countries because of name length. But maybe this can be an option and you can pick which one you want?

ynNg7GR.jpg

7 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I tried the same idea but with a thicker line, and also in red. Red makes it easier to see the heart, IMO, but it may clash with many country flags. Thoughts?

9P68gLN.jpg

PMMYQVD.jpg

I also tried doing this with the country name, but I think it would be hard to do this for all countries because of name length. But maybe this can be an option and you can pick which one you want?

ynNg7GR.jpg

I like the red line of the heart, but it's really clashing. Maybe another white line between the line of the heart and the colors of the flag so the edges don't touch?

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

do you like red or black better? personally i think the red still is a bit bright, i like the black with the line :animated-smileys-character-083:

I think it depends on the flag. The Canada flag has a nice bright red, so the red heart may fit quite well.

I'm stuck with ugly German flag, so the black line is probably better with that one. Maybe the line could always be a color out of the flag, if it isn't to much work.

but all in all I agree with you, black is looking better :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

For the "frequency" of country flags, I think it's not going to reflect the Planet Hanyu country distribution, because certainly there will be much much more European fans at GPF Turin compared to say Worlds at Montreal? Like Asia has a big chunk of the PH population, but due to the competition location being in NA / EU we're probably unlikely to show up in that amount, unless there's going to be distribution at NHK too 

1 hour ago, Salior said:

For the "frequency" of country flags, I think it's not going to reflect the Planet Hanyu country distribution, because certainly there will be much much more European fans at GPF Turin compared to say Worlds at Montreal? Like Asia has a big chunk of the PH population, but due to the competition location being in NA / EU we're probably unlikely to show up in that amount, unless there's going to be distribution at NHK too 

Yes, the location will influence, that's true. I didn't mean to strictly follow the PH population, just that it can give us a general idea. It's a it of both, I guess? For instance, and based on ACI, for both SC and worlds in Montreal, going for USA/Canada/Japan/China is probably the safest bet if we want to distribute the extra banners to other fans (there were a lot of Japanese & Chinese fans at ACI, traveling to NA doesn't seem to scare them). GPF is another story, it's harder to predict with so many European countries :14066882:

In the end, it depends on what we want to do with this project: do we just add extra banners (to whatever PH members need) to reach 200 in time for the closest competition (SC - > US/Canada banners are the obvious choice then)? Or do we want to plan ahead and aim to share banners at various competitions this year? (then we'd need a bit more variety in flags for GPF so it's more complicated) :14066882: Or, we can also complete the number with a more generic banner, like the yellow banners that were given by the Chinese fans at ACI... Less "country-focused", I know, but easier to plan... :sigh:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

ynNg7GR.jpg

I think this is my favorite design as well, sort of the best of both worlds. We'd have to see for longer names, but maybe the simple black fond makes it easier to read than before?

11 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Yes, the location will influence, that's true. I didn't mean to strictly follow the PH population, just that it can give us a general idea. It's a it of both, I guess? For instance, and based on ACI, for both SC and worlds in Montreal, going for USA/Canada/Japan/China is probably the safest bet if we want to distribute the extra banners to other fans (there were a lot of Japanese & Chinese fans at ACI, traveling to NA doesn't seem to scare them). GPF is another story, it's harder to predict with so many European countries :14066882:

In the end, it depends on what we want to do with this project: do we just add extra banners (to whatever PH members need) to reach 200 in time for the closest competition (SC - > US/Canada banners are the obvious choice then)? Or do we want to plan ahead and aim to share banners at various competitions this year? (then we'd need a bit more variety in flags for GPF so it's more complicated) :14066882: Or, we can also complete the number with a more generic banner, like the yellow banners that were given by the Chinese fans at ACI... Less "country-focused", I know, but easier to plan... :sigh:

Reveal hidden contents

I think this is my favorite design as well, sort of the best of both worlds. We'd have to see for longer names, but maybe the simple black fond makes it easier to read than before?

The design doesn't really work well for longer names, though. Unless we break it into two lines or make it small

5 hours ago, Niji said:

I think it depends on the flag. The Canada flag has a nice bright red, so the red heart may fit quite well.

I'm stuck with ugly German flag, so the black line is probably better with that one. Maybe the line could always be a color out of the flag, if it isn't to much work.

but all in all I agree with you, black is looking better :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Poland also has bright red flag so it should look good either with red or black, but imo black with a white line between the flag is probably gonna work for most of the countries.