Team Korea

10 minutes ago, barbara said:

We don't know if he's been vaccinated yet and he'd need to be to get into Canada...

I think he is vaccinated..without complete vaccination he will not able to enter China for the Asian Open.its one of the rule for the Beijing Olympic participation and Asian Open is an olympic test event

I also think that Jun is vaccinated.

According to his bio there is no other trainer listed besides Brian. I wonder he trains alone or does he have someone in Korea?

Maybe he will return at the TCC after the NHK Trophy. I hope it.🙏

17 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Awww, someone gave him a birthday bus stop! His first? He seems quite excited about it. 

Unfortunately I cannot answer whether it is his first. But it's a great action from his fans.🙏

This is from yesterday 🎉🎉

Guest turquoiseblue

A new article about Eunsoo where she talks about her slump and attitude towards the Olympics, advice she receives from Yuna Kim, what she likes, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since no one has posted about NHK, I thought I'd take the opportunity to 1) congratulate Jun!!! and 2) blast NBC sports.  I'm so pleased I have a VPN so could take my computer to Canada and be able to watch all the skaters I wanted to (though didn't watch live - except the Gala because the men skated in the middle of the night)

Jun's SP is so powerful and energetic.  He was somewhat underscored on his long but lucky he had the points from the SP to keep him on the podium.  And his Ina Bauer is the best.  He's long and flexible and covers so much ice when he does that element.

And his Gala skate was light on elements (as are most) but beautiful and artistic.

But NBC (who are why all figure skating is geo-blocked in the US) had a relatively short pre-recorded program yesterday.  They only showed Vincent's SP and the the long for the top 4.

Chief complaints: They got his name wrong (yes, in Korea, it's Cha Jun-hwan but Shoma is also Uno Shoma in Japan, Yuzu is Hanyu Yuzuru ) and pronounced it wrong, too.  They got his age wrong.  He just turned 20 less than a month ago. He is not 21.  And, egregiously left out, has been training alone -with some zoom calls- since he left Toronto at the beginning of the pandemic.  Brian is his coach, but he doesn't currently "train in Canada with B.O.".  The fact that he's done as well as he has, and took a bronze at this comp skating against Vincent and Shoma (and Matteo and all the Russians) who have had in-person coaching almost the whole pandemic, is notable. Very notable.

Jun was basically dismissed and it really really irked me.

Yes, grateful for a VPN.  I don't know who the Canadian commentator was but he wasn't up on Nam's choice of music.  We know Nam loves BTS and that's why he chose Butter for his Gala piece (and it suits him), but the commentator didn't know the name of the song (and it's in English!) and thought Nam chose it to please the Japanese crowd because "this song" is pretty popular in Japan. Duh. #1 for 10 weeks, and the most popular group on the planet.   But I digress.....

• 2 weeks later...