Team Korea

1 hour ago, Faithyu said:

I just saw Jun's new Batman program at a Singapore event(?) (not sure if I like this program yet) and under trainer was Brian and another person listed.....so, is Brian still part of the trainer team, even if Jun left TCC?

Brian is not coaching him.  He has his Korean coach and is getting extra help from others.  Shae-Lynn did the choreo for his skates this year - I haven't seen them yet but did catch his short at Nepela (challenger series - and I saw his scores for the free and they were BAD) which was only a week before Shanghai - how could he possibly be able to handle those time changes?  (Unlike JK - who switches time zones over and over - but also stays up all night and isn't competing).

I'd have gone to see him at SCI but I leave on 11/3 to go see my son and I'd only have been home a few days between.  I do want to see him at Korean Nationals and will almost assuredly be in Seoul on the 6th (unless I go to Busan instead....) and then see hm at Worlds.

39 minutes ago, barbara said:

Brian is not coaching him.  He has his Korean coach and is getting extra help from others.  Shae-Lynn did the choreo for his skates this year - I haven't seen them yet but did catch his short at Nepela (challenger series - and I saw his scores for the free and they were BAD) which was only a week before Shanghai - how could he possibly be able to handle those time changes?  (Unlike JK - who switches time zones over and over - but also stays up all night and isn't competing).

I'd have gone to see him at SCI but I leave on 11/3 to go see my son and I'd only have been home a few days between.  I do want to see him at Korean Nationals and will almost assuredly be in Seoul on the 6th (unless I go to Busan instead....) and then see hm at Worlds.

I actually really like both of Jun's programs this year very much as well as the music, but he does have a quite a bit to work on. Last year it started out the same way where he wasn't great but improved over the season. Can you believe it has been a year since we saw him at SKAM @barbara@rockstaryuzu@river?

2 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

I actually really like both of Jun's programs this year very much as well as the music, but he does have a quite a bit to work on. Last year it started out the same way where he wasn't great but improved over the season. Can you believe it has been a year since we saw him at SKAM @barbara@rockstaryuzu@river?

And he is better, more mature, than he was then.  Even his telegraphed approach to his 3A is better.   But still has room for improvement.  I hold out hope he will have more time with specialty coaches and/or gets involved with another skating school, like Stephane's.  His next competition is SCI, only 2 weeks away.  Practice, practice, practice.

On 10/10/2023 at 11:01 PM, barbara said:

strange that brian was then listed under coach in the info screen:think:.

the shanghai performance was a bit strange. a mix between solid landed and popped jumps and he clearly lacked some energy. but its early in the season, enough time to polish things and to get everything in shape for the events that matter.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

I watched it but didn't want to post it due to the source. It is a great interview, and yes, he is taking it better than most fans, at least publicly. He mentioned some pain but I did not hear anything about an injury though. Did you?

He seemed to imply that there is no injury.  He is "hurt" from the hard falls, but said it's his goal this year to stay injury free.  And I don't go to the source for that - it was on a twitter or facebook post.

4 hours ago, barbara said:

Recovering from Jun's disastrous FP and feel so badly for him.  However, he's taking it better than I am.  He's an interview with him from today:

I felt like I am going through the same when Yuzu competing for his 2019 Japan National free skating😩

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, barbara said:

Steamed buns.  Huge steamed buns.  I don't even know what the yellow stuff is - and never seen a kimchi filled one, but I'd eat it.

I'm thinking the yellow one is like a cream/cheesecake filling, because Jun seems to be calling it 'cheesu'