Everything posted by yuzuangel
-
Team Russia
Suddenly an Alina comeback seems quite possible.... Med, too
- Skating on the Planet
-
Team Russia
- Team Russia
I'm half-impressed that we still don't know what caused the Brian-Yuna breakup. And we never will... now THAT was drama at the time! I'm sure it's not that hard if you're careful. They do hold together in the wind until a strong gust comes along.- Team Russia
Really, someone should give Eteri a HUUUGEEEE bouquet of dandelions...a bigger bouquet than her heart desires- Team Russia
why would anyone be against a teenager making a coaching change?? like, what is there to be against?!- General Yuzuru Chat
It is!! eta:- Team Russia
Lol, Eteri's rant for each subsequent student leaving her is gonna get longer and longer as she lists out every transgression from every student who left her all the way back to Yulia...- Team Russia
Anyway, Eteri's instagram caption isn't as damning of her students as she thinks it is, lol. If literally all of your students (whom you taught since their impressionable early teenage years if not even younger) are "difficult" in the exact same way, then maybe the problem is with the common denominator here, lol.- Team Russia
Didn't Plushenko promise Trusova that he would focus on her? Now he's taking her ex-teammates. Trusova must have wanted to leave behind the competition for coaching attention / crowded training sessions at Sambo, not...recreate it at a different rink. Lol, so our "best coach" isn't so irreplaceable after all. And it was all teachings of the behind-the-scenes coaches that got the girls their 3A/quads. I wouldn't be surprised if Eteri was unwilling to share the credit of the coaching, leading Rozanov to leave in the first place (well that was the first I've heard of him). And now that he's left will we see a mass exodus? Anyway, your explanation makes the most sense to me. Well, I guess there's Anna left, the favorite lol. (And Alina.)- Team Russia
Seriously!!!- Team Russia
WHAT?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! AND THE CAPTION...talk about old habits dying hard, damn. Eteri airing dirty laundry like no other... not only must she insult Alena, she has to take digs at all her former students! Even poor Yulia who just had a baby! Of the three I imagined Alena most being able to get to the Olympics despite not having quads. With how she's scored she doesn't need them. Hard to imagine Eteri giving up on her unless something really bad happened.- General Yuzuru Chat
Wow, Yuzu is watching himself on TV.- Skating on the Planet
Wow this is super helpful! Looking at this I probably would have wanted to purchase the "Off Ice Skates" brand of frames if I didn't already own a setup. That low toepick would be really useful for trying to spin and even turn/jump in the same way as on the ice. From the last couple months of skating in pic skates, that was definitely the biggest difference that took me a while to get used to. The pic (toe stop) is too high and as it got worn down it was even higher off the ground. Makes it harder to balance and do things like spirals, let alone spins. For example, when you land your jumps, you always land on your toepick first and then gradually rock down onto your blade. If the toepick is too worn out, then there's no longer a smooth rocking motion, and you often just pitch forward. That and the weight was also a big difference. Inlines are a lot heavier (solid rubber wheels lol) It's interesting to see so many brands come out of Taiwan! I wonder why inline skating is so big there?? The rinks are not too uncommon around here, so depending on where I am living it's usually something like 10-30 minutes traveling away- General Yuzuru Chat
- Skating on the Planet
- General Yuzuru Chat
- General Yuzuru Chat
that face... eta: the neon- Skating on the Planet
I've been skating for a while...bUT progress is super on and off! in skating especially, because everything needs to be so precise... When I was 12, I got a pair of skates that miraculously fit me at a garage sale for $10. I used it once at the rink, and that was the first and last time I went to the rink for a while. Until around 2014, when I took a skating class to fulfill athletic requirement to graduate from school. The class was for beginners, we mostly just played on the ice. I think we learned to skate from one end of the rink to another Then in 2016, after watching some skating on TV, I got a pair of skates and tried to sign up for classes. At the time I had work that started around 7am, so it was hard to skate, and skating lessons were always in the mornings, so I kept putting off the classes. Until I got another job that was much better with schedule, starting around 10:30am instead. That's when I started to take lessons and skate more than a few times a year! That was in 2017 and I have been skating since then, until the pandemic closed all the rinks down. I haven't been to the rink since March- General Yuzuru Chat
L-shaped peace sign spotted again!- General Yuzuru Chat
wow, what a great compliment to that wine! i love it- Yuzuru News and Updates
- Hey, remember us?
Is she being sponsored? Wow, Yulia still looks like a teenager, honestly. She is so young...but she will be a great mother.- General Yuzuru Chat
wow, i love your videos! lovely montage of powerful moments- Donations
- Team Russia
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.