Guess Everyone's layouts

Will Yuzu change his layout?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. With the return of Kuyashii Yuzu, what do you think his mindset will be for competition?

• Truly winning means fully expressing my artistic vision even if it means risking losing by not maximizing my point potential and taking unnecessary risks
    • I must do everything I can to scrape every last tenth of a point! Jeff, we need to re-choreograph the short! Put that combo in the back half! RAAAAHR!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2018 at 12:58 AM

He's said in a couple of interviews that he had to give up everything to win the Olympics, including his intended program layouts. I wonder if that's a sore spot for him. IMO part of his kuyashii is that he's still chasing his mythical perfect skate. I think he wants to win with a program that hits all the good spots - artistically beautiful, athletically demanding, and scores high. So while I could see him swapping out elements for higher point ones, I think he'll strive to maintain his artistic integrity too.

That being said, the long spread eagle down the length of the rink in Otonal still makes no sense to me. I wonder if it was just a placeholder for an as-yet-undecided element. It's a LOT of time to throw away not getting points in a competitive SP.

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He's said in a couple of interviews that he had to give up everything to win the Olympics, including his intended program layouts. I wonder if that's a sore spot for him. IMO part of his kuyashii is that he's still chasing his mythical perfect skate. I think he wants to win with a program that hits all the good spots - artistically beautiful, athletically demanding, and scores high. So while I could see him swapping out elements for higher point ones, I think he'll strive to maintain his artistic integrity too.

That being said, the long spread eagle down the length of the rink in Otonal still makes no sense to me. I wonder if it was just a placeholder for an as-yet-undecided element. It's a LOT of time to throw away not getting points in a competitive SP.

Look at footage in media day. SE looked much better there .

40 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Look at footage in media day. SE looked much better there .

Even so, he's giving up, what, about 5 or 6 seconds, maybe more, to an element that doesn't garner any score, in a 2min 30s program...that seems like a lot to me. It's not exactly efficient use of time. I wonder if it'll stay.

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Even so, he's giving up, what, about 5 or 6 seconds, maybe more, to an element that doesn't garner any score, in a 2min 30s program...that seems like a lot to me. It's not exactly efficient use of time. I wonder if it'll stay.

I hope so? It match music and mood perfectly, so (hopefully) it will pay off in IN and PE.

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Never thought of that before..What do you think it could be replaced with to get more points? 

4 hours ago, Neenah said:

Never thought of that before..What do you think it could be replaced with to get more points? 

My first instinct is to say 4A. But to give you a more serious answer, I'll have to go re-watch Otonal and give it some thought. I mean, it's right smack dab in the middle of the program and takes the whole length of the rink going by the judges. What would a kuyashii boy put there, if not a showcase item? 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

My first instinct is to say 4A. But to give you a more serious answer, I'll have to go re-watch Otonal and give it some thought. I mean, it's right smack dab in the middle of the program and takes the whole length of the rink going by the judges. What would a kuyashii boy put there, if not a showcase item? 

i agree with this. While I loveee the way every single move conducts the music note, I could still see so much more potential with this program. I mean if you watched Chopin 1.0, you wouldnt think it could improve much more until 2.0 and then 3.0. I said this before but I think that backcounter 3A from Chopin is a perfect example for the kind of balance between quietness and power that Yuzu and the Noh master discussed in the past. That silence in Otonal is perfect for something like a 4A. A show stopping moment

Oh and I know he's going after GOE like he's always does, so jam packing 3 jumps in the first with a 4A might also be risky. His most stable jump is a 3A so maybe move that to the 2nd half?

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

i agree with this. While I loveee the way every single move conducts the music note, I could still see so much more potential with this program. I mean if you watched Chopin 1.0, you wouldnt think it could improve much more until 2.0 and then 3.0. I said this before but I think that backcounter 3A from Chopin is a perfect example for the kind of balance between quietness and power that Yuzu and the Noh master discussed in the past. That silence in Otonal is perfect for something like a 4A. A show stopping moment

Oh and I know he's going after GOE like he's always does, so jam packing 3 jumps in the first with a 4A might also be risky. His most stable jump is a 3A so maybe move that to the 2nd half?

The problem is:

1. He would do 4a in SP only as first jump in combo. 
  2.  He said he wants 4a in FP.
3 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Really? Is that part of the rule? Thats crazy consider the technical difficulty of it and having to tail on another jump would take a long while to make it happen

I'm not sure about ru... guidelines, because they are weirdly worded. But his solo jump in SP this season is Javi's salchow with Javi's entry to that. Of all things, I am sure this one will not change.

20 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I'm not sure about ru... guidelines, because they are weirdly worded. But his solo jump in SP this season is Javi's salchow with Javi's entry to that. Of all things, I am sure this one will not change.

ohh I see what you mean. What I was trying to suggest earlier but actually for the 4A to be his starting quad instead of the 4S.

edit: yeah well if he isnt going to change the 4S then the 4A wont happen in the short program.

---

I remember the one the guidelines for men is there has to be axel jump, for woman its a double axel but me has to be a triple..I wonder if they will allow the men can do triple or quad axel in the future. lol 

58 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

I remember the one the guidelines for men is there has to be axel jump, for woman its a double axel but me has to be a triple..I wonder if they will allow the men can do triple or quad axel in the future. lol 

Senior ladies can do 3a as an axel jump in SP. Rika does. Liza did. And iirc, Mao had 3a-2t in SP.

Only junior girls are restricted to 2a in SP.

12 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Senior ladies can do 3a as an axel jump in SP. Rika does. Liza did. And iirc, Mao had 3a-2t in SP.

Only junior girls are restricted to 2a in SP.

Right, so senior ladies have to have at least a 2a and up to 3a is fine. For men, they have to have at least a 3a, which makes me wonder if Yuzu does a 4a, would that marks off that criteria since he would be doing an axel jump. So its an all quad layout, with two solo quads and one combo, keeping Javi's 4s while incorporating his Nessie as well

2 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Right, so senior ladies have to have at least a 2a and up to 3a is fine. For men, they have to have at least a 3a, which makes me wonder if Yuzu does a 4a, would that marks off that criteria since he would be doing an axel jump. So its an all quad layout, with two solo quads and one combo, keeping Javi's 4s while incorporating his Nessie as well

Nope

Short Program of the season 2018 – 2019 must include 2 solo jumps:  

double or triple Axel for Senior & Junior Men, (...)

Senior Men - any triple or a quadruple jump; (...)

For Senior Men when a quadruple jump is executed in a jump combination, a different quadruple jump can be included as a solo jump. For Senior & Junior Men and for Senior Ladies, when the triple Axel is executed as an Axel jump, it cannot be repeated again as a solo jump or in the jump combination. Solo jumps must be different from the jumps included in the combination.