Got an Event Question?

Yatagarasu

On 1/11/2020 at 8:13 AM, Songster01 said:

Hello Mods, not sure if this is the right place to make a thread request or not, but I wondered if there will be a thread for Canadian Nats.  Thank you!

There’s one already! 

That’s great - I was hoping to follow some of this.  I hope Roman Sadovsky does well - seeing him alongside Kevin Aymoz at one of the GP competitions I realised I liked his style better than Kevin’s - he has nice lines and Japanese knees and doesn’t need gimmicky transitions to fill the gaps.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to post in an old thread, but it seems like the place to ask..? I’m wondering about Fantasy On Ice. In the replies on Twitter, a lot of non-Japanese fans were asking for it to be streamed this time, so I’m assuming that isn’t the norm. So how do we watch it? Do they eventually release official footage or do fans record it? And how long do we normally have to wait? A lot of questions hahaha I’m just really excited :smiley-happy085::woop::smiley-happy093::panic::loveshower:(and I love these emojis way too much)

11 hours ago, mangomango said:

Sorry to post in an old thread, but it seems like the place to ask..? I’m wondering about Fantasy On Ice. In the replies on Twitter, a lot of non-Japanese fans were asking for it to be streamed this time, so I’m assuming that isn’t the norm. So how do we watch it? Do they eventually release official footage or do fans record it? And how long do we normally have to wait? A lot of questions hahaha I’m just really excited :smiley-happy085::woop::smiley-happy093::panic::loveshower:(and I love these emojis way too much)

different news stations will report the next day with different angles! this is what I heard from older fans

On 4/22/2022 at 4:15 PM, mangomango said:

We don't have broadcasting news yet so no idea how it's going to be. 

In previous years we have had Makuhari show (usually Saturday show) aired right after (like next Monday or so) and later in the summer/fall the rest of Makuhari shows. Even now tv Asahi airs the old shows regularly. 

Then we have had a recap of Kobe show with interviews and funny backstage clips two-three weeks after the show.

I think they have sometimes aired some Shizuoka shows but not always. And Nagoya is a new city or at least it hasn't had FaOI in the recent years so no idea what will happen.

Don't worry, if Yuzu is skating on Japanese tv, we fanyus have our ways to watch. But first we need the broadcasting news. 

And of course we will have news reports while the tour is happening. And there's going to be active live-tweeting by the audience which can be at times confusing but always fun. Visit the old FaOI threads to read how Dory -costume got its name or how all the audience absolutely died watching Masquerade for the first time. 

Thank you both for the responses! I suppose if I stick around here and on Twitter I'll be able to watch it eventually :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw: I also recently saw that the event organisers are considering paid livestreaming - it probably won't happen because of music copyright issues, but it's nice that they're discussing it! :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how fast Euro tickets usually sell out? Apparently they will go on sale tomorrow morning, but the competition is almost a year from now so I feel a bit hesitant buying tickets...o.o

• 5 months later...
On 5/4/2022 at 9:11 PM, YuDai said:

Does anyone know how fast Euro tickets usually sell out? Apparently they will go on sale tomorrow morning, but the competition is almost a year from now so I feel a bit hesitant buying tickets...o.o

The times when there were full arenas at Europeans where tickets were sold quickly are gone so you shouldn't worry about tickets if you'd like to go.

I've checked out the tickets out of curiousity and things are not looking good so far...there are plenty of tickets available even on days like Friday evening or Satuday.  Unless  lot of locals decide to go, there'll be lots of empty seats and sectors this time. The current economic situation in Europe isn't good, there's a major drop in interest in Europe skating since Russians are out and Finland is not a cheap country either so I don't know who'd be willing to travel to Espoo. It's also not helping that an another major competition, GPF will also be in Europe, so if someone needs to make a choice they'd likely to travel to Italy where they can also see Japanese/Korean/NA skaters too, not just Europeans.